Expansion Livestream: Thurs, Oct 1 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 30, 2015.

1. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Hmmm IMO what you get for the $50 difference between Collector's Edition and Premium is pretty steep and not enough enticement. For $50 more there should be something more desirable like actual suits of armor/weapons to go with those tweekers.

PS Just noticed the second mount, so ok, I broke down and got premium.
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff all in all. Now I just wish we had a writeup page or something with all the livestream details. Sadly, not in a position where I can view the stream itself which is no doubt posted somewhere. XD

I will admit I got somewhat....emotional...when Rum Cellar was initially announced, to the point that I quit for about half a year to cool off. Now I'm sort of glad I opted to come back, even hearing the basic stuff you listed here.
  3. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Nice Twitch from what i saw of it on my phone at work I did manage to get to see the new deity operation. Looks way cool. Is my Marr Deity abilities a part of this or do we have to start over? I missed that part. Also I tuned in when "I got back to 4G coverage and got the giveaway url. That was good driving on my part to get the data signal back. Thanks for the giveaway treats I am anxious for the beta to start missed the time for that too. Great job DBG!!
    The TS line looks amazing I want one of those giant glowy shrooms for me garden.
    From me phone I wasn't driving.
    [IMG]
    Moonpanther likes this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I didn't see the second mount either, but still not worth an additional $50 to me, for a mount I'll probably never be able to upgrade since I don't raid or do heroics. It's just another mount, to me.
    santargria and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I didn't see the second mount. I think for now the CE will be great for me because it has items I know I will use. The PE edition just doesn't have anything more of value to me at this time. But I'm really stoked about this new xpac! :D
    santargria and HaphazardAllure like this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Is there some place we can actually see a recording of the live stream?
  7. Smite Active Member

4. Pricing

Base + AA = $50. That's fair enough. Even though hardcore fans on primary accounts will tend to purchase as they usually have barring financial distress has anyone given the thought to adjusting the subscription - get them in the door - for all those weakly bound secondary and tertiary accounts for the same holder?

JC Penny tried more even pricing year round instead of overpricing / sales to limited success but perhaps daybreak can take a page from JC Penny's model?

Let the $15 monthly and $120 yearly have large (e.g. 50%) discounts to both types for secondary+ accounts one can lock in during the expansion pack window (e.g. mid-Nov) when a primary account is toggled in. If the Primary on monthly let secondary be 50% monthly during the window that stays that way until decoupled (i.e. unsubbed). Same goes for prices of expansions.

Didn't (T)he (S)hadowknight (O)dyssey grey sharding with 2nd accounts pad the numbers and boost revenue? Lower prices are needed for weakly bound 2nd accounts barring some super exploit EQ2 builds into the next expansion that makes 2 a must have item... for instance item duplication or xp hyper-cheat... both of which would be bad for heroic group formation, server merges or not.

I also take it the 3 new ones will have AB hardware to handle the possibility of surge on each one in December which is why the merges are really transfers?

2/2
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I guess some people will just always refuse to use my website no matter what. *shrug*
  10. Dedith Well-Known Member

What!? You have the transcript posted?! OMG! ;)
    FriggaWitch and Feldon like this.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Well, it's rough notes. Word-for-word transcription takes 3-4 hours per 1 hour panel.

I expect the whole video will be up on YouTube in a few hours. For those who really must have it now, there are a few Twitch downloader websites out there.
  12. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Shameless plugs aside, I'm very impressed by the work the team is doing and what is in store for the game over the next couple of months. Considering what has happened in the past year and the general impatience of the community, the team is addressing some significant concerns and providing some intriguing content.

Yes, CoV often bugs or some charm clickies need to be reactivated on zoning, but the overall state of the game is far better than I expected and most others expected.
    FriggaWitch and HaphazardAllure like this.
  13. Nantoh Member

Recent screenshot looks as if there were classic Luclin mushroom forests,they were based on blue(or purple) color though.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

XD Feldon, I actually use your site whenever I see a link posted, or need to look at additional opinions on stuff. Eq2Wire is pretty easy to access though, but the school comps are weird so I usually need a direct link. College of Western [Statename] does not appear to like me accessing fansites much. Maybe it was a firewall bug, I'll check.

Edit in: Yup it works. And why am I seeing a screenshot that is strikingly familiar to either Moradhim or Klik'anon. Feels more like Moradhim though...
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your school is sometimes blocking my site. and yes, we are going to Moradhim or some version of it.
  16. Denon Active Member

I think the $34.99 + 10% off is pretty reasonably priced considering all the content. I did feel a little ripped off when Rum Cellar came out, but this feels like much more bang for the buck.

As far as the CE and Premium $$ - to steep for me, but since they are not forcing anyone to pay that to get to the new content, then I think its fine. Buy the extra fluff if it is worth the $$ for you..

So I am happy with the pricing, I will be buying the regular edition for a couple accounts.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I was ridiculously excited due to the prelude event because of this, but kept my expectations a bit low b/c I've been disappointed by preludes before to a minor extent. But since we're really going to Moradhim in some form....I may have to roll a dwarf templar.
    FriggaWitch and Feldon like this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link. :)
  19. Smite Active Member

As a relevant aside, (for extra ToT purchases) we're approaching the point of limited revenue and/or time for gamers as those who grew up with an NES or PS1 are being inundated with $/hr per quality units undreamed of the the late 19(8 or 9)0's.
    _ _ _

Pillars of Eternity was the same caliber as the BG's but for $50 + the $25 guide it can't even compare to the Witcher 3 $60 + the $25 guide. $30 for Dreamfall Chapters is about right but $25 for the White March part I when the Witcher 3 expansion pass is $25? Legacy of the Void at $40 is about right for what it is but does anyone really think PoE > LoV?

I know W3 > > DAI > WoL = HoS > PoE for me. Had I known how good W3 was going to be I would have saved myself $80 on PoE + Books and gotten them a few years from now on the cheap. W3 was so good I would have paid $100 for the game and $50 for the expansion pass and gone without meals or pushed other games/comics/whatnot to the backburner for years if necessary.

MMOs are good in a different way but $200+ a year in EQ2 on (my personal) average seems a little high to me. Either The Witcher 4 (next one) needs to double its price compared to all other games or all other games need to halve theirs. California is expensive and the W3 devs don't have that financial and social/environmental overhead.
    _ _ _

As an EQ2 consumer your competition looks like:

Immediate Purchases:

October 2015 Witcher 3 Season Pass + Gwent Cards = $25 + $15
    November 2015 EQ2 ToT = $40 + $15/month

Delayed Purchases: by Order of Acquisition

2016 Legacy of the Void = $40 || It's good enough but I know ToT expires, LoV does not.
    2016 Rise of the Tomb Raider PC = $60 + $25 guide || Absurd exclusivity deals on this one
    2016 Tides of Numenera = $50? || I'm glad it's made but if W3 was $60 so this needs to be $25
    2017 Pillars of Eternity White March Bundle = when $25 - Devs need to move out of CA to cut costs
    Unknown - EQ2 2nd account expansion or All Access = $35 + $15/month

1/2
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok so after seeing the Twitch live stream video and some conversation in the home show channel, I've changed my mind on the pricing of the CE edition. The new tradeskill recipes/items are wonderful, and I love that there is a new tradeskill signature questline. I also love the new tinker looking crafting stations, and new tradeskill collections.

I am curious to know, however, why the 88 slot bag is limited to only one per account? I don't understand the concept of limiting it thus, as most of us have many more characters than that, and could really use the extra storage space in these bags. I could see limiting it to one per character, but one per account? I hope these bags are made heirloom rather than bind on equip, because I can see people swapping the bag out between characters if they switch out which character they are currently playing on, and see this bag being most useful to the one currently being played the most. Either that or give tailor's a new crafting recipe to craft more 88 slot bags.

So I noticed throughout what I was able to watch of the live stream recording, it was announced that pre-orders begin today, but I didn't see any announcements as to when do pre-orders end? Unfortunately, I was only able to watch it about half way through though, as it wouldn't buffer all the way through, so if some details could be given in regards to this, it would be nice.

Someone said in in-game chat that the price isn't going to change after the pre-order period, and I would like confirmation on that as well, as not being able to get into the beta really doesn't matter to me too much...mainly because I'm not going to be around for most of the month of Oct and probably the full month of November as well. If the price will stay the same after the pre-order period, then it will give me more time to prepare for this expansion in my budget.
    Moonpanther, HaphazardAllure and suka like this.