Expansion Livestream: Thurs, Oct 1 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

The announcement stream for the 12th expansion to EverQuest 2 will start on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 10AM PDT* and we would like to invite YOU to join us at www.twitch.tv/everquest2

[IMG]

During this stream, the EQ2 team will share highlights from the upcoming expansion, do PRIZE giveaways, and answer your questions. Don’t forget that pre-orders start on October 1, this day will be full of information on the upcoming expansion. Join us for the stream, and log into Twitch to chat with us and other players!

Looking for more info? Check out the Producer’s Letter from Holly talking about what’s coming up for EverQuest 2!

We look forward to hanging out with you on Thursday, October 1, and sharing the details from our 12th expansion!

*convert to your local time
    Koren, Kurisutaru, Kittybock and 4 others like this.
  2. Kelvani Well-Known Member

So excited! Its like christmas morning!
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

I have a conference call at the same time as this feed *curses!!* When will it be available to rewatch? I'm so angry, I've been looking forward to this for weeks...
    FriggaWitch, Kittybock and Raiivann like this.
  4. Raiivann Member

Gah! I have this pesky thing called "work" that gets in the way of this :mad:

Please, please say we'll be able to watch this at a later time!
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  5. Kelvani Well-Known Member

2 hours and 54 minutes til go time!
    Kittybock likes this.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I have this pesky new rescue dog that "thinks" he needs to go to the park ;) Heh, we are just heading around the block.

I thought the EQ promo email said 3PM PDT, which would have made it 5 my time...glad I checked the Forums!
  7. Kelvani Well-Known Member

LOL Kitty.. me too. See you in the twitch stream channel in 25 minutes =p
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Miroh Well-Known Member

Yay, we get to listen to the whole stream before we hear about the TLE servers vote for DoF.

o_O
    Kilbane likes this.
  9. Kilbane New Member

Exactly...
    Miroh likes this.
  10. Miroh Well-Known Member

Ug, how long is this stream? o_O
  11. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Yeah, the email was kinda evil. I did not have the foresight to check the forums >.< Guess I'll be reading topics about what all was revealed while I'm at school till this evening.
  12. Nantoh Member

PE is kinda expensive with few benefits.
  13. Senseless New Member

Great stream, guys! Good luck on the building move.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't really upgrade gear much (always afraid that right after I do I'll get something else that's better and have wasted the upgrade item), so the only thing that interests me is the Darkhaven Cavedrifter. Which is basically the regular Cavedrifter with pretty lights and upgradable stats.

On the other hand, I've a few characters those pretty lights make a perfect accent for, so if I figure $20 per flying mount and have 3 or more characters that would use it, it becomes worthwhile.

Have to think about this one...
  15. Chocoholic Active Member

Just want to say I really enjoyed the Livestream - you all were very entertaining and it's obvious you have a lot on your plates, and are juggling those plates at that! The expansion looks good to me (although I don't even have a character at cap yet lol) - I appreciate the passion you have for your work and the game. Good luck on the move (ugh I hate moving :(. )
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The stream was great, thank you! Appreciate all the time and effort for them.
    I'll be hopping from foot to foot until expansion time! :p
    suka and HaphazardAllure like this.
  17. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Great stream, a lot for everyone! My only real queation was not answered yet though. For those on TLE who want to get the collector's or premium collectors edition to help support the game we love.. will our TLE exclusive goodies be available.. or do we have to buy the additional TLE only pack to get it on TLE?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

$89.99 is the CE pre-order price? I hate to think how much this will cost at the regular price. Guess it's out of my price range, and here I had my hopes up of getting it at a decent price. I don't know, I guess there are those who will pay no matter what the price is, but I have to place a limit on how much I will spend, and I'm afraid that limit has been exceeded, for me. I may have considered $20 less but even that would be pushing the limits, for a pre-order price.

After all, this is a 'virtual' world, with no tangible objects, that could get shut down tomorrow with nothing to show for it. While I realize that there are real people behind the scenes, working hard to bring us this wonderful 'virtual' world that need to earn their paychecks, you can't tell me that they wouldn't make a profit on this 'virtual' world at $20 or more less than this with all the sales they will generate...if they would take the time to at least advertise the game. Paychecks aside, it's still virtual and could be yanked away from us in the blink of an eye.

The items you get for the Premium Edition will probably only appeal to raiders, but is it really worth an extra $50 just for those upgrade items? Sounds like EQII may be reverting to the same gear upgrade system Rift uses, and are pricing it the same way as well, lol. While there are some things I think could be improved upon in EQII if they reverted to some of Rift's ideas, such as the wardrobe system...I think EQII still needs to continue to be unique unto itself, when it comes to game play, or the game will become a diluted copy of other games, and will lose it's appeal.
    suka and FriggaWitch like this.
  19. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Am I correct that we have a preorder this time, but no preorder discount? ie, this is the same price it's going to be after launch?
    suka likes this.
  20. Smite Active Member

I was quite impressed.

1. The Infusion & Diety System

Great Ideas. I understand why you didn't wipe the old blessings and miracles outright but the new approach outlined for ToT could, with some contextual (god-identity) tweaking of core abilities, be a great solution over in EQN.

Simply put, it allows one to spend their time without database or UI bloat that comes with normal 'leveling up'. The Teir system that EQN had tentatively on tab could use something like this instead. The idea of weapon/item degradation while still involving primary player crafters would be a great fit if weapons never truly broke but powered down with use until recharged.

2. Relics

The idea that each part of the playstyle pie can pile onto a single, more heavily invested character is necessary in a game with such large classes. Advanced Soloing in my offtime? No problem. Tradeskilling in my offtime? No problem. Part time or Full Time raider? No problem. Sounds like a great EQN approach applied to EQ2.

3. Prestige

This tag could solve the catch 22 EQN seemed to be in where all content would be accessible to all in a F2P of any variant (solo, heroic, raid, etc.). It seemed that instancing was back on the table to preserve subscription 'encouragement' but this prestige tag on a few key items (say 1/3 of slots max) might be the right way to get around the need for instances or cherry picking playstyles (e.g. raiding) as subscriber only.

1/2
    suka likes this.