Coercer Feedback Post-Mana Flow Nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Asurea, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Voxom Member

What is all this nonsense going on here. Coercer power regeneration is fine. What needs to be fixed is the dps utility a Coercer brings to a melee group, which is currently non existent.
  2. Asurea Member

There were suggestions for that, as well. Changes were proposed to Signet, Plink, and Velocity to improve utility to melee classes. As to power gen, if they are nerfing some of the high-end drains, then you're right, it's fine.

Some people are still apparently able to do a 2-group flow, but I personally haven't been able to make it work since the change to Siren's Gift, and others haven't as well, which is the source of the concern.

Likely a major portion of the perspective, but keep in mind that I didn't actually ask for a DPS buff. I asked for DPS streamlining.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

since there are currently no fights that are being stopped from power drains, I am gonna disagree with the fact that power regen fights needs to be looked at.
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

If they removed all power regeneration items from the game, and I do mean remove not just nerf, then enchanter power regeneration might start to be desirable.

... ='(
  5. Asurea Member

Sure. After three nerfs to the power drains in 2 days, there's no longer any encounters being blocked out that way.

Uh....WTF?
  6. Ucala Well-Known Member

power drain nerf you say? you can admit you were just over reacting about the fix to mana flow and still. and I was the voice of reason
  7. Asurea Member

I was getting Chaos Storm and Curse of Chaos backwards.

Digging through our pulls on Monday, I'm seeing Cognitive hitting every 2-3s for 10-11k and double-hitting for some ticks (same person, two drains, same second). So...yeah, that's pretty heavy, when piled on Chaos Hex for passive drain. Curse of Chaos was also double-hitting 1 min into fights, and the blackbows weren't spawning until 3-5s after the first Curse of Chaos, which is pretty much an auto-zero on power. So I'm going to speculate some undocumented bug fixes.

Slowing down Cognitive by "only" one second reduces its drain by 33%. Fixing the double-hitting issues and the blackbow issues is another big effect.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

auto 0 on power if you never manaflow or manaflow at the wrong times, I agree
  9. Voxom Member

The buffs are fine. Consolidation of spells is a terrible idea, the class is already too redundant and simplistic.

What the Coercer class needs is a new spell, one you have to actually think about casting and not just mindlessly mash the same 5 buttons over and over. Like a TW type spell that has significant impact to melee dps for a short time, one that makes you actually think about when the optimal time to cast it.

Something needs to be done to spice up this class, there's a reason why every guild in this game is recruiting Coercers. Even more so now since power regeneration is less relevant. Asking for minute upgrades to current buffs is not the right direction IMO.
  10. Asurea Member

....Curse of Chaos hits for 100k-160k drain. Every 5s, if you don't have the blackbow shield. Please flow through that.
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

Aoe block - > mana flow - > manasoul - > mana flow again - >
  12. Asurea Member

I wish I could just press 5 buttons over and over, like a wizard or lock. And while I wouldn't mind some sort of 100% Flurry short-term boost, or something along those lines, I don't see how you really set up such a thing so that timing matters. Unless you're suggesting some sort of spike-CA-damage boost, and even then...that'd favor gimmick abilities like Dev Fist, or major CD's like Assassinate or Sniper's Eye. It'd come back to hit the buff on cooldown, and let the scouts time their big abilities for it.

If you have a detailed idea that fits current mechanics, I'd love to hear it.
  13. Asurea Member

Without the shield, it's a direct cast. So pre-flow, manasoul...and you're out of power 15s before flow refreshes.

Again, they've made a number of changes to the encounter that settled the issue there. Given their proclivities towards heavy drain fights, though, I expect we'll see them again in the future, and they'll need to be toned back again.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

I don't think you are spacing it correctly then. I don't see power drain nerfs that you keep thinking happened. except adding 1s to a spell.
    you aren't ever "out of power" while manasoul is active, you are at a bare min but passable to anything really, except for occurrences happen where you get hit during manasoul, which then you are out of power for maybe 1s.
    it really just sounds like a spacing spells out issue. common thing, don't worry. most coercers tend to flow when there really is no issue.
    I've fought many fights for the coercers on the forums. but this isn't a fight worth fighting since it's not really an issue.
    but Voxoms idea to increase some kinda utility for melee dps they bring I am all for that
  15. Voxom Member

Lol what? I'm gonna be honest with you man, I don't think you're the right guy to be leading the crusade for Coercer change.
  16. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Solar Flare, Aurora, Word of Force, Numbing Cold and then evac.
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

fixed it for you
  18. Asurea Member

Let me help y'all out, since only SD seems to have caught on:

I'm well aware sorcs have around 10 buttons plus temps plus things like FB/FC chains.

And if you're only using 5 buttons to DPS as a coercer, that's...very strange.

Now, I tried to discuss Vox's idea, and...no response. Seriously, the point of this was to push for changes that are:
    A) Specific in nature
    B) Easily implemented with minimal dev time
    C) Help with actual issues
    D) Improve quality of life for coercers

I honestly don't think a new spell is within those bounds, especially a group temp that is specifically meant for melee. I'm not perfect, though, which is why I threw a couple ideas out and asked for further thoughts. Instead...we have baiting. Please move back to the topic.

If we're trying to improve benefits to melee damage from coercers, the Signet change and Plink changes would be a good start. Another possibility is adding an "On Melee Attack" proc to one of them. That's not a temp, but it is a direct benefit to stabby buddies.
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

I regularly use 36 buttons/abilities in my rotation, including temps. This is only the regular things though.

Yes, I'm sitting atm, and decided to count.
    Plinc likes this.
  20. Asurea Member

Thank you for attempting to continue derailing this thread. Please don't try again.