You CAN have my stuff! The straw.."nerf"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Torpor, Feb 27, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

kinda sounds like the OP would only be happy with an overpowered class.
  2. ptah Augur

I didn't sleep well my mind was not at rest.. OP your troll attempt to gain attention worked.. skill points to you.
    Now lets look at basic ideas towards EQ. When option to pay USD for all access there are several options.. and OP does not like the cost.. so we pick yearly.. down to ten bucks a month per account.. or maybe OP does not want yearly.. so pick spend the monies on 3 3 month plans.. for his fav 3 box team member team.. (if OP is stocked up we can skip the RL monies and jump into kronos from the start for zero USD)

Future plan is use the kroon for pp system for yearly all access. Assume 3M pp is needed to buy a kroon.. 30 days in the month.. 3 month plan to get stocked up..x3 accounts... three is the magic number today. Daily playing cause we love it.. 100k is needed daily to keep this running.. divide this by hours played. if OP is 105 and above.. many places in RoS offer nearly and much higher hourly TS mats places per hour. Vary in skill and knowledge, but these rates are based on group gear players that lack AA.. dual camping of such rewards is what makes RoS so fun. More is better and possible burnout is possible.. when it rains.. place many of buckets out for drinking water..

So lets say OP plays 3 hours a day.. to that's 34k an hour. Revisit an old zone.. or that 2 conflag diamonds an hour.. really 3 box team cant meet that.. Time vs hourly rate of return min.. set what is important to you.. and what you have access to.. some its monies.. some its time etc

Under the of plan of 3.. and base request to restudy the class on how they work themselves, work with others, work with there AA and buff stacks.. Lil focus to do more than the min.. OP may find he or she really enjoy or dislikes the toon he or she picks out.. Under the plan of 3.. you can merc it up if no ones is willing to join you.. you drop mercs if you find others.. Just do something.. make an attempt to self correct .. and not create more problems for self. IE some merc box teams enjoy no others due to AFK needs.. or greedly self looters.. or a mother and young child.. list goes.. we will assume OP wants to meet others..

Content. Yes more zones please and events would be nice. I would pay more for it. YES. All access is what 32 bucks.. man 32 bucks now is less than 32 bucks in apr of 99.. or apr of 2009. Eq is the cheapest thing I do.. for price vs hourly fun. I understand I'm in a smaller % of players that would love to pay more to get more content. Quality of content yes please too too. The limit of the range IDK. Before I get the, you forget about box account multi that by X.. boxing is good and bad.. helps gain self power mini team. but hurts social set and teaming up. Most see it as a gain to themselves.. so with gain we pay more.
  3. Torpor New Member

So a couple responses. Ptah, Francisco, others who seem to be upset with an opinion that doesnt support your personal train of thought. Dont worry, be happy lol. Im not looking for sympathy or changes to be made or trying to "troll" whatever the heck that means. Im just simply saying later tater because after almost 20 years I just darn well felt like it.

Sheex.......if that is the same sheex from drinal anyway. I raided with you for years with my iksar monk that I mained for 12 years...Ss. Chose to stay anon to not get sucked back in.

For those that wished for or wanted more info. I have played every class in the game and raided with most. I went from 24 in 1999 to 44 now. Single to very married. Apartment to owning 2 paid for homes with one on the beach. No kids to 1 daughter who is now 11. I went from working 60 hours a week and raiding 40 hours a week lol, to being a father, husband, business owner that required me to cut into my raiding time substantially. Only some of us had the power to give up eq time for family time instead of the other way around haha. I had to give my oldest account away years ago to a friend who made the promise to delete it once done with it so that I would never be tempted to use it again or else I would be right back to raiding with friends who I missed greatly..........but again..........family first. That is why im posting with this account btw. Im not a forum person. I read but usually do not care to reply.

Little History. I was on the first naggy raid on Tarew marr before we knew what a raid was. It was more like a "oh cool, how do we get our bodies back" sorta moment. Awesome! In my first 14 years of playing I wished eternal peace unto 13 friends, not just guild members but true friends in this game and was able to fly/drive out to 4 of their funerals. Not eq funerals folks......the real deal. 2 real weddings, many everquest weddings lol. Was able to make 2 guild parties from different guilds where the characters that showed up, though opposite of those they played, were in no way less amazing and powerful than their avatars in game. Snores louder than a bards screams and the dots from the backend of some would end a contest quickly.

I beta tested 15 expansions so trust me please when I say I FULLY understand the reason for balance and rolling/nerfing over powered tools. I went through just about every nerf there is because I have had characters of all classes on 6 different servers. Currently brekt.....no raiding........very few players but absolutely no exploiters or krono farmers which is why I chose my solitude type play there.

To reiterate --Not one tear will be shed by me, after 19 years I put those rare tears where they belonged for lost loved ones and I enjoyed damn near every moment of my eq life. The times is sucked were usually because of guild members moving on, boring content etc. Rarely did it suck because eq wasnt fun. Its just lately in this last couple of years that it has become un fun in a very depressing way and the reason I decided to post about it.

Nerfs happen...........but for the love of all that is holy.........do not sell an expansion or idea then nerf a character into being weaker than they were in the expansion they just played. This isnt just the dot issue. Look at nearly every nerf over the last 3 years. Its always after the fresh money is in house with the promise of your character getting stronger. Isnt that the point with no levels, new spells, new AAs? It sure as isnt the 5 zones of repeat content that we pay to play. Why in the world if the shaman dots were ok in eok do we need to make the eok shaman dots worse than they were before? Because raid shamans are butt hurting other classes on certain rare events where their heals arent needed. Got it! But what about non raiding shamans/druids? Those extra 5 levels might make them take hits slightly better against now blue mobs, and the heals might be better........but its still going to take 50% more play time to kill the same number of mobs they were killing pre expansion release.

And you see here is the whole point. Us old farts that have played forever and had to prioritize the precious hours of our lives realize that our play time is what is at stake. If you X dollars to reach Goal Y but then Goal Y is moved after the fact to be goal +/- 35 to 65% then my time and work has been literally stolen from me. Is my shaman, mage, bard, necro, sk, warrior et al still fun to play.........YES! Is it worth it to play them to make them more powerful only to have every bit of that power taken backwards by an entire expansion or more every few months without warning? NO!!

Its literally like buying a box of chocolate and days later the store owner repossesses half the box and says "sorry this was to good, better luck next expansion."

There are ways to do it......this aint it. My petty 6 accounts may mean very little but over my 19 years in the game everytime I watched an old player retire it hurt because I knew it was another step toward the inevitable. I put it out there for informative purposes and to say later tater. I hope Dbg considers how they go about their nerfs in the future.

Love all you guys even the aholes. We are all part of eq.
  4. ptah Augur

^^^^ this a bit more honest and I can respect that.. so sorry I can across upset or mad.. but when I start thinking.. and thinking deeply I do.. things melt.. I clearly don't agree or understand 100% of what OP emotion feelings are towards self.

My playtime is fun. So from my pov I like it.. and will never understand the crys for me classes sucks.. DB sucks.. I quit. Yes every game runs out of that special feeling.. and you got nearly 20 years.. that is a win.

Imho EoK and TBM brought some huge info and play style changes.. with Alliance, Dicho, Synerny*** lines Massive AA sinks into focus. if you fail to adjust to that modern play style change.. game play is tuff. The stacking of all these dps mods.. its like multi games within a single title. Those that adjust and are knowledge.. and the ones that kinda got it.. and others no clue. This goes past gear.. more is better and it helps.. but knowledge and correct use of it is still king in game.

OP. I hope your new daily grind is whatever is fun and rewarding.. this epic game called everquest set a standard.. the bar is high.. many have failed to replace it..

Adventure well. RL over adventure any day.. but fantasy is well a fantasy.
  5. Torpor New Member

Rock on as long as its fun. Eventually my post and those like it will become very apparent when it hits you as well. Eventually when your time seems more precious to you, the taking away of what you spent your time on becomes much more egregious to you........when as you age.........you understand you have less of it.
  6. High Voltage Augur

After everyone introduced himself to the audience, let's go back to the original topic.

What stuff do u have to give?
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I respectfully disagree.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Man, he makes a good point(s).

/salute
  9. Ninelder Augur

Stolen is a good word to describe it. They stole 35 to 65pct of your power(character progress,) up to 90pct on druids. It feels like theft to the victims, because it is.
    Caell likes this.
  10. ptah Augur

How is it stolen if the dude mis calc the math on base dot damage.. then corrects the math.. 90% lol to cry me a river druid. Look its a circle of mistakes.. too much rush content too little development time and resources... errors happen.. they the deve game corrected the error.. and you call them stealing lol.. This so called power was never intended for you.. get over it.

Again spell selection is important.. if you don't have the AA focus on RoS spells don't use them.. reguardless of your level.. the fantasy rush to 110 is fake news.. if you level and AA as designed.. the tools you gain will support you. ME wantz 111 before anyone.. grrrr.. level more powa tha AA.. I'm a tool. fork in light socket.. hmm warm and fuzzy

All these request for ez mode and QoL improvements and people still cant learn correct stacks, order of spell and AAs. And its both parts.. deves are missing the math values as well.. that is my theory behind the op dots and then the knee ganking nerfs.. too much ping pong.
  11. Ninelder Augur

Maybe it is, a mistake that was then upgraded with an entire expansion each spell was balanced then. Maybe they did make a mistake and then another and another and another and now they are making yet another. In the real world we call this bad management.

Your rebuttal to those who have been set back over two years in character development is to Get over it. Maybe they will. Maybe they will re-roll to a new class and give up all the years they spent on their current main; or maybe they will find a better managed game.

When it's all said and done, we will have less shaman and druids; like we currently have less enchanters and bards due to bad management with those classes in the past couple of expansions.
  12. ptah Augur

Fake news Fake news.. chanters and bards when play correctly are doing well.. Today.
  13. Torpor New Member

Ptah- your opinion that someone elses class is doing well if played correctly has nothing to do with character power being taken away. I feel I played my classes to their fullest. I enjoyed the little intricacies trying to figure out how to get an extra 50dps out of anything I could muster. Its what made the game worth piddling for.......in all my classes.

And as I mentioned before, you can still have fun nerfed. That does not take away from the fact that my character that i spent more hours than I care to remember on <vomit feeling coming on again> takes up to twice as long to kill a now blue mob in eok at level 110, than it did to kill it when it was yellow at level 105 pre expansion release.

That my friend is total bull and why its a problem. If those eok dots were ok at 105 for how many months, then why are those eok dots not ok today? You do realized they nerfed them all the way back to level 70 right? As though anything to do with dots is really game changing back at 70 lol.

I truly believe and this is my biggest disappointment, is that dbg doesnt have the man power or interest to make the game more playable by making wise decisions and instead is unilaterally deciding to keep content smaller but make it more difficult........and then adding nerfs to slow down peoples ascent to the finish. Remember krono, subs, and station cash slows way way down when 90% of the player base is done with an expansion.

Silly anaology for ya from this quote you had. "How is it stolen if the dude mis calc the math on base dot damage.. then corrects the math.. 90% lol to cry me a river druid. Look its a circle of mistakes.. too much rush content too little development time and resources... errors happen.. they the deve game corrected the error.. and you call them stealing lol.. This so called power was never intended for you.. get over it. Assume your boss at work gives you a bonus schedule that reaching level 110 in sales by the end of the year you will get a 20% bonus. You work your butt cheeks off and earn your bonus. A couple months later he says you made to much money last year so we are taking your bonus back..................and lowering your salary an additional 30 to 50%. Now dont get mad remember..........you were making to much money to begin with and should have known better than expecting to keep it all.........duh. Does it was just a math error cut it at that point?
  14. Slippry Augur

Apparently it was an error to be paying for a game with such bad QA, testing, balance, and dev oversight. That error has been corrected.
  15. ptah Augur

Was not directed at you Torpor. I fear the chanters will be targeted next.
    And yes slippry look at the timing of these nerfs.. who runs the beta testing.. who gains the most from these errors.. its not all develop team here.. its a edge gain to the bleeding edge.. win at all cost.. misinformation if you will. get in and out with max edge and win the e contest. Tin hat off

Sidenote if a player even pays to play.. ingame kroon can play and grind to all access.. 10 dollars a month for how many hours of play.. what are you investing it.. 10 hours a week 4 weeks a month.. what is that? You are getting a hella of a deal for that..return of cost to playtime return.

Just stop the I pay x dollar I'm the F customer and I'm always right.. this is false.. the massive market that controls sales is the one that auto corrects this.. you waste more time and effort in these forums than needed. let the door close if you feel like you need to leave or its all that bad.

Not to say if things got much worse.. a snowball effect would hurt.. but EQ will not miss a single one of you cry babies.. we just may enjoy the game more without you.
  16. shruggz Elder

I'm going to quote you here ptah, you said

Not to say if things got much worse.. a snowball effect would hurt.. but EQ will not miss a single one of you cry babies.. we just may enjoy the game more without you.

I find this attitude troublesome, you have your right to your opinion, and you can voice it. that's what the forums are for.

but your opinion in this isn't shared by all. and like you have your right to voice your opinion,
    everyone else has right to voice their own. (without being called a crybaby for doing so.)

I'm of the opinion that losing players, especially ones that have played and paid for more than a decade
    is sad. and losing too many players is bad for the game, because many that go were people that supported this game that we all play and enjoy.

and for every single one that leaves, is just that much less revenue for the company less resources for development, expansions, support, hardware. and I think that EQ will miss every single one of those paying playing people.

I believe that if EQ is going to survive another 10 years there needs to be a place for everyone
    for every play style. for the hardcore, for the casual, for the grouper, for the molo er, for the soloist
    we all play for different reasons, we all play at different skill levels, not everyone wants to do things the way you do, or the way I do, or the way someone else does.

I know that you may not care for or about my opinions, and that's fine but I felt like that needed saying.
    good luck and good hunting.
    Shaantara and Zamiam like this.
  17. bigpapa Augur

WELL said shruggz ,

18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If your company accidentally overpays you due to a math error in their payment programs, you absolutely have to pay it back. they aren't going to just say "oops, oh well, you keep that extra $100,000."
  19. Ninelder Augur

And if they did that for a year and a half, until you got used to being paid that salary and paid taxes on that income; then took it away. You would look for another job. Also, at least one if not all the people in payroll would be fired.
  20. ptah Augur

No hard feelings. As shruggz says.. voice your opinion.. that's fair.
    When attempting to make all happy the end result is no one is happy. EQ imo just needs to define what it is.. and do what EQ does best.. if you as a paying player don't like.. leave and play something you enjoy.
    The end user needs to focus on what he or she can do.. and stop with focusing on uncontrollable events outside on ones control. Its waste time and effort.

Yes.. not all share similar skills or effort.. and whatever.. so why attempt to make it for everyone? Unless the goal is to make everyone unhappy; Now I do agree within reason a mid range is better than 1% hyper focus of the 1%.. but I'm player not a deve or marketer of this game..

My opinion supports my playstyle and choice of group mates.. fellowship and or guild. I often attempt to get rando duder in with me as well.. but if they don't want play they don't have too. Its ok..

No blue ribbons for 6th place.. some will fall behind, to quest at there own pace.

Adventure well