Xorbb PS - Too rare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Falos, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Kamea Augur

Yeah, I'm replying to an old post here, but:

The drop rate should be dramatically raised so hardcore players can farm them fast enough to justify using them at least 'some' of the time.

I don't think the devs should ever put blatant ranking padding items into the game like this. There have been plenty of profile padding items in the past, but this is leaderboard breaking. Leaderboards are simply broken with the existence of this item in its current state. There needs to be enough incentive get it so virtually all top 50 players have it, and some/all of them will actually use it.
  2. EQbud Augur

A solution to this would be to add a new special vendor to PoK (or anywhere, doesn't matter) whose inventory is locked behind flags.
    One of the items s/he sells is a NO TRADE version of Xorbb's Caged Hatred and one of the ways to unlock it is to hand in a regular dropped one. There can be other ways to unlock it as well, such as completing certain raids (Xorbb 1,2,&3?), but we'll leave that alone for now.

By adding this vendor, it should solve Kamea's issues. It still means each player has to acquire one of their own, but knowing they will be able to pay (probably a lot) to essentially recharge it makes it well worth using more often.

I was going to be done there, but as I was typing I thought of another idea:
    You could even use the Power Source supplier in Katta Whicheverone and have it be sold for Phosphites. This makes it a little more work to maintain, but keeps it connected with the original TSS power sources.

Any future power sources could continually be added in the special vendor in the same way.
  3. Kelefane Augur

I got mine for 100k :cool:
  4. Porterz73 Augur

I'm Glad this old thread has been Rez'd, it makes me think of 2 points I wanted to make about it.

1.) yes the PS is rare, but what's wrong with rare? I think there is great fun to be derived in finally getting that elusive item that few people have. I think the game is enriched by having these sort of items and I would hate to see all uber rare conquests made into over-the-counter grab bag items.

2.) (And this I think is the more critical point) lets talk about how great Samu is for a bit.

Samu is the greatest Necro EQ has ever seen... No the greatest toon EQ has ever seen, perhaps best of any MM game ever! Without Samu Triton would not even be able to raid.

For the record this is not Samu under another name talking about himself because that would just be sad and pathetic. I would also point out that I will not log in as yet another forum name to argue my point further because that would go beyond sad and pathetic.

All hail King Samu Necro Overload and Supreme commander of EQ
  5. Genoane Journeyman

Hah....... this thread had such a great derailment. I'm glad it was dug up.

Chase items are great. But pairing extreme rarity w/ a consumable item hasn't served the purpose. I know I killed for days in Xorbb only to get this item for magelo, and I'm far from the only one. This can't be the intended use for the item, right?
  6. Gragas Augur

If Xorbb's Caged Hatred and Oath's of Marr were actually "chase" items then they should have appeared on the vendor for purchase after Conqueror Achievement was completed along with the other "chase" items.
  7. Shaman_AB New Member

If this PS was rare I wouldn't complain. But spending weeks in Xorbb, killing 25+ nameds daily and not seeing a single PS is not exactly what I call rare anymore. I actually wonder if the patch to increase the drop rate just broke it completely.
    I mean there isn't even a recorded drop on it at all on Magelo in several hundred recorded named kills.
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

Yeah. But getting SOE one to take a look is even a rarer.
  9. Kurayami Augur

Rare is correct, I grabbed one of these in baz for 600-700k a few months back. Never did use it, resold it for 2 million plat. Their value just keeps going up.
  10. Axxius Augur

They were definitely less rare a few months ago, during the anniversary. Maybe there was some rare drop bonus going on or w/e. I saw several drop for me and guildees. That drop rate doesn't seem to exist anymore. They still drop though. Just much less often. Can make a killing in bazaar off the magelo padders. :D
  11. Vmas Elder

Can only speak for AB, i was there the last week in xorbb to max my head, and there was nobody in this zone.
  12. Whatever Journeyman

I have one, and used for like 1-2 hours. It dropped 5% in power. To me that doesn't sound like it lasts significiantly longer than any other powersource. Now if it idid last significantly longer (like 10-20x longer), it might justify its rarity. As it is not, nobody is going to use it for what it was intended (assuming it wasn't intended for magelo padding).
  13. Phrett Augur

Idea: Combine Xorbb's Caged Hatred with Essence Augmentor in a Rust-Tinged Box of Fear = recharged PS
    Tegila, Viltaire and Ishtass like this.
  14. Ishtass Augur

None even for sale in baz on bertox
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

Only one I've seen for sale lately on Drinal was for 1,000,000 plat. No thanks.
  16. Axxius Augur

Chandrok said that it lasts exactly twice as long as a TBS era powersource (has 2 million 'energy' as opposed to 1 million on those).
  17. Insaneox Augur

At the current drop rate the only value of these is magelo padding.
    Dre. likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

Some of the more hardcore people in our guild are using these on the new raids until we beat them.
  19. Tegila Augur

i did same back before most ppl knew what they were, was for sale in General (all yall that refuse to join the channel lose out on some nice stuff)

OTOH: oddly i have never seen 1 oath of marr in bazaar or in General for sale on the server, probably bc so many are paranoid of that zone and each needs 8 per tier unless they movem but who knows
  20. Insaneox Augur

Be nice if they would add these to raid merchants. Maybe it is just me but I have ton's of coins to spend and nothing to spend them on. Maybe add to each tier merchant at certain price per each one or make them trade skillable! If making trade skill have requirements beating all missions/quest/raids in xorbb and have high combine.