Wizard Pulling lvl 95+

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Psyran, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Psyran Journeyman

Okay here is a new question for all you experienced wizards. What is the best way to pull mobs in say DH HA missions when they are packed tightly together? How do we single pull mobs? I know there is a way but was wanting to know how others do it. Also, I am trying to molo these missions whenever I cant find a group so that is why I am asking. Oh and how do wizards fight those mobs that summon? Do we just try to burn them down fast and pray that our healer merc keeps us alive? Any help would be great. Thanks!
  2. Moop New Member

aggro (pref stick or lower elements AA), fade (A Hole In Space AA)
    can also use frost shackle AA
    best way to survive getting a beating is Arcane Destruction AA
  3. svann Augur

I havent tried pulling or solo yet, but Id try using evac as a splitting tool when hole is on cooldown. And yea, Im not sure Id like to be tanking summoning whites. My healer is good, but that would still be iffy.
  4. Uuvin Augur

several possibilities and responses depending what the precise situation is and what happens:
    1) snare the pack. root 1 fast. kite a bit. root a 2nd. kite more. root the 3rd. fade when appropriate ( run out of room, run out of mobs) and you now have several split up so you can single them.
    2) agro the pack, kite them a bit, root one, fade. let the unrooted go home, kill the single.
    3) root 1. kite the rest far away. fade. run back and kill the rooted one before the rest come home ( or alternately, dispel the root and pull that one another way to kill)
    4) pull the pack. kite. at a spot you wish to kill the mob, root it ( or stun it) . kite the rest away ( or back to where they started - depending on pathing). fade. then kill the single rooted or stunned mob.

plenty of options when you can snare or root mobs. if they are immune then you have a different problem. also, when fade isn't up, evac or even abscond is an option.

If mobs are immune to snare, yet don't summon, you can full speed kite them on a mount using insta nukes and by getting enough distance to have time to cast others ( I do this in chelseth on some of the snakes).

Summoning mobs? I just don't do them. at all. they generally kill me unless I use vet aa armor of experience - and even then sometimes I die. I just don't have it.

If none of this works ( I cant think of other things at the moment) then I don't do that mob / area / mission. I wait for help and pick something I can do.
  5. Naugrin Augur

Stun can also be used for pulling though if the mobs summon and you critical it can go badly lol. If there are a pair, you could stun one, fade when the other gets close and then reagro it.