With PoP incoming to Ragefire this month..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dilf, May 9, 2017.

1. Mrjon3s Augur

From my experience on Phinny everyone was saying PoP was gonna be the best and the raids were gonna be hard. It was a joke and I expect the only thing keeping the top guilds on Ragefire from being in time in a week will be guilds blocking each other. The hardest part of PoP is time Tallon and Vallon but once you figure out to use cure on the tank when fighting Tallon and have 2 Tanks with cheal chains on Vallon your good to go. And now that LDoN dropped I am waiting for GoD+ and would never go back to repeat that stuff.
  2. Trotts Journeyman

I'm about as excited as I've been to play EQ as I was before PoP dropped in original right now, playing on Ragefire. The server has some big upshots to people who actually want to see content after PoP. I know a lot of people are scared of the difficulty jump that GoD and OoW brought but I'm excited to try it now as a more prepared adult and with a lot of the more modern enhancements that have been made to the game. Most of the game up to PoP has been pretty smooth anyways, this time around with all the resources we have nowadays.

Anyways, since I see a lot of lists flying around these forums, here is mine as to why I chose to roll on Ragefire 3 months ago, and continue to feel good about that choice.

1) Boxing is welcome, not only is it allowed but it is a welcome behavior, people are friendly to it, guilds are open to it, alts are celebrated
    2) Boxing is a heck of a lot more convenient if you can do it from one machine, I don't have to explain to my wife and friends why I have 3 or 4 (or 6) computers in my office
    3) The exp rate and expansion unlock timing is perfect, not to fast not to slow .. plenty of time to have fun and then move on
    4) The server's dynamic feels more like live was during the day to me, guilds talk to eachother, coordinate, and compete
    5) Awesome community (I started midway through Luclin so I missed what was apparently a rough start early on)
  3. Dilf Augur

On Ragefire, bosses spawn at faster intervals and the current raid guilds have an honored weekly rotation which won't screw each other getting to PoTime like it did for guilds back in the day. I missed out on PoTime on Phinny because I don't have a crew and enough time to hit 65 (which is fine). If I'm forced to solo on RF, it's still an option. And once instanced raiding is in full effect, other people can experience it.
  4. Khaliss Augur

I really wish to play on RF... if only it would lock into PoP/LDoN /sigh
  5. Runes Augur

Why would you go Ragefire if locked at Ldon as Agnarr is doing and compete with guilds and groups who have been there for years..versus doing same on a brand new server?

I went back on Rage to level unboxed lowbie and I think I saw maybe 3 people leveling...went to Phinny to level and its non stop groups leveling..Rage is not for you if you want to start fresh and cannot 3+ box.
  6. Astley Augur

Rotations don't really mean anything when you need open world mobs to flag your guild for progress.

You'll only be able to get 40 people progressed past Bertoxx/Carprin at a time. Any guild that wants to get more than 40 players in to Time before anyone else will have to jump any sort of rotation out there or wait excessively longer to be the first ones in Time.
  7. Dilf Augur

Well first thing, I don't want to stay on a LDoN-locked server. Phinny is going to forever have garbage exp rates, which will only be way more annoying as the level cap and AA caps increase. Then there's RF, which will allow people to box on 1 PC and have better exp rates, plus instanced raiding in the future.
  8. Dilf Augur

I understand, but they somehow made it through Luclin with Emp Ssra and VT. The open world targets spawn much quicker, so it may not be as troublesome as it possibly could.
  9. Kahna Augur

They made it through luclin by having one guild get keys while all the other guilds stayed out of the way until they were done.
  10. Khaliss Augur

haha, well that's exactly why I want an RF server (that's locked into PoP)... I multibox 3+ AND a big PoP/LDoN fan =D
  11. Bewts Augur

As with every expansion, there is a population surge as people come back from a mid expansion break.

RF/LJ will most definitely be impacted because of Agnar launch so close to PoP release.

I mean, there's krono to be made!
    EQMac Players on current TLP may switch on principle.
    Others may simply give it a run because there's normal XP AND raid instances.

I think there's going to be a lackluster turnout for both RF/LJ for PoP.
  12. -wycca Augur

The exp rate on Phinny has already been increased two different times. Additionally, AA fly on Phinny. It could even very well increase again, not to mention that there's specific catch-up mechanics that get introduced later.
  13. Raltar Augur

I just came back to EQ 2 weeks ago and rolled on Ragefire. I am having a blast. I stopped playing right before GoD was released, so I never got to experience things after that. Now I can on Ragefire. Phinny has a bigger population, sure, but I don't think I'd be able to catch up in time to do anything there. But on Ragefire, I have several months before GoD will be released, so I'll get to experience it all. Pretty exciting stuff.
  14. Yanster Augur

Less raiding guilds on Ragefire of course . The top 3 have agreed to a plan for PoP flaging . Since end of Velious we are in constant communication and we beleive we have created a very good environment on Ragefire for all types of players .