with 4k+ dps, AoW doesn't drop below 100%.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hydrad, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tieyla Elder

We already know is easy and you're terrible.

You've literally killed everything you said was unkillable. Save a few Ntov dragons, vulak, aow, and tunare.

I'm sure our leadership under Darth and Yawgmoth would have found a way to clear Velious by now. As it sits we're like to clear it in the less than a week certainly two thanks to cries of nerf.
  2. Coka Lorekeeper

Funny that! how can you know when you're not experiencing it, logic.

Nope not true

But hey! we're so terrible that FI didn't come over to play with us.

You're right though you'll kill it all in a week because we will have bug reported everything which is unkillable, and it will be fixed. You'll brag about it and nobody will care, because you've only done it after it's been nerfed.

As some of you have said, thanking us for beta testing. We'll do it so you don't have to.

You should be thanking Tempus, False Prophecy and the others too, all of which will have probably downed a mob you won't experience killing in its current form.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Technically I don't recall them saying it was "unkillable" - they said it was "unkillable with appropriate numbers" in every case that I saw.

Aaroynar they were throwing TWO RAIDS at him from what I'd heard. Which would be a bit broken come Phinigel, even if you don't consider it broken pre-Phinigel.

Just because something can work in some bizarre corner case doesn't mean it's not broken.
    Skuz and Coka like this.
  4. bored monk Journeyman

5. bodes Augur

Remember when the Bee was over-buffed in classic an FI didn't even try to tank it, just pet-walled it down?

Remember when FI wanted to kill Trakanon at Kunark launch and instead of attempting to tank it just pet-walled that too?

There's absolutely no past evidence of FI finding some skillful way to down over-buffed targets, it was always using the pet-wall crutch. Claiming you would do better in Velious is completely baseless. You're actually really lucky this stuff will get nerfed before it unlocks because otherwise you'd be in for a rude awakening.
    Lawyer, Coka and Skuz like this.
  6. Vaclav Augur

If you actually read the linked post - he starts it with "Unless you're bringing a raid of 80+"...

Clearly he was implying it was doable with inappropriately high numbers but with APPROPRIATE numbers it was not.
  7. Coka Lorekeeper

Zone only supports 90... we had more than that. Didn't budge.

Nothing to do with numbers, it's regen is INSANE.
  8. bored monk Journeyman

At that time he was refering to the 40 minute Vindi fight. Which the next day they went in and killed in 15 minutes.

Now maybe you have some deeper understanding into another mans mind. Who knows. He did not say it was unkillable with x amount of raiders. He said "It's simply not possible to kill the mobs." Direct quote he said on the first day of the velious release.
  9. Tieyla Elder

FI did indeed tank and try and tank need when that was not working, of course we pet walled it. Just like TL, MM and AD did.

We did find new and inventive ways to kill those mobs.

We had Trakanon pulled in top of us, we DID try and tank that one. He hated at 3% when we rezzed we pet walled it down.

We would have figured something out. You all know it. You act like we wouldn't have, but,you all know it.

I am confidant AoS will ind a way in Luclin if its op or broken as well. At least of they say it's unkillable I'll believe them. Just like I would believe Darth aka. FI.
  10. Coka Lorekeeper

You didn't find any inventive ways with any previous kills you just copied everyone else before you.

Great effort though, you're pioneers.

I don't know it, nobody is backing you up either. It's easy to talk the talk and all that.

We'll see when Luclin hits! and even then, you will always be behind everyone else enjoying the nerfs.
  11. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

Can the OP supply a parse? I don't believe they achieved 4k dps based on how low their dps was a week or two ago on other targets.
  12. BigDog Elder

I'm pretty sure more people play Pantheon than on Lockjaw and Ragefire.
    Qelyn and yerm like this.
  13. Zool Elder

The buff is way to much atm, enough said.
    People on other servers claiming guilds on Ragefire sucks, ok good for you thinking so.
    Now go back to your corner and be pro. /bye

Or get some sunlight, might be better.
  14. Ghilran Lorekeeper

There was probably not 4k dps applied to AoW. But it was tanked and burned for probably close to 10 min and didn't move from 100%.

You have to admit that this regeneration thing, where you need to beat the regeneration prior to actually damage the mob, is a strange way to tune encounter. It is very unlikely that 2h aaryonar fights are something that was intended. For a fight like AoW, it is my understanding that his hp should move, however slowly, with the raid configuration that went against it.
  15. bored monk Journeyman

Everyone agreed Zool the regen was too much. But when you have these people calling for more extreme nerfs saying things are unkillable. Getting those nerfs. Then going on to kill said mobs. Then coming on here bragging about getting it nerfed so other people can't do that content...........................
  16. Coka Lorekeeper

I think that the DPS 'spiked' but consistent DPS at 4k no I don't think so.

For instance Dain has about 350k hit points but DW did over two million damage to him to kill him. Regen is pretty stupid but AoW's regen was even greater than that with around the same sustained DPS as Dain he didn't even budge.

Yes AoW has treble the HP of Dain but still.
  17. Wintermalo Augur

You have become Darkwind's spokesperson and that is not a good thing. Darkwind can't seem to clear anything, and if no one from the guild says something we can just assume it's because the content is way overtuned.

However, every time you speak it just confirms the fact that Darkwind is, infact, just a terrible guild.
    VagtasticDr00d likes this.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Yeah really and I am sure glad it works both ways as DBG understands the poor economy and folks are bit strapped for cash so I'm grateful they will extend the same understanding when I dont pay my bill ...
    Uliadyen1337 likes this.
  19. Weverley Augur

You know what would be the worst Luclin comes some guilds on phinny kill some raid mobs and ragefire server guilds comes and it still too difficult for them to do the same and they ask for some reduction in difficulty.Now that would make a huge thread.Hope it doesn't happen though.
  20. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

Un sub then? Not DBG's fault you can't afford $15 a month on entertainment. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Anyways, still waiting on that parse Coka.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.