When will we hear anything about Luclin Compensation?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Herf Augur

Compensation? What, did the High Elves oppress the Luclinites?
  2. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

To answer the OP, around the same time there is a transparent post and announcement about the recent debacle which killed Oakwynd economy, the cause, steps taken to resolve it etc.

So, never.

Now that the query has been answered, OP can close this thread now!

Edit: I stand corrected... We got a week of 200% exp. bonus (all exp.). Thank you DPG!
    Taladir and Cidran like this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It was also served in a Styrofoam cup, and though the temperature was not hot enough to melt the cup (450+), it was hot enough to cause it to soften and make it more pliable and easily deformed.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  4. Runes Augur

Your thinking is so flawed its laughable. You saying not 1 person on Oakwynd has been paying for a product or service they didnt get is silly. If it was a free server that would be different, but its pay to play. We were promised services that didnt happen. Its like you buying exp pots or other daybreak items and they dont work as advertised and you telling yourself, that ok I get to play on Oakwynd anyway so move on and accept it
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. Cuzon Elder

But nothing was promised to you. Saying something should work versus saying we guarentee it will work are two very different things.
  6. Irisa New Member

You folks clinging to semantic over the word SHOULD are hysterical....most of you seem to be the very same people who are upset with FTE and want Oakwynd to have as many problems as possible....lmao

Everyone knows that Should implies intent....which means they did advertise it to work that way in advance.

I do not expect any compensation...lol

But to act like they did not lead on the player base about a feature that is currently not working and to try and claim there was no guarantee does not help your argument.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Agreed. Myself and many others levelled up alts specifically for the AA exp bonus on Oakwynd.
  8. Bullsnooze Augur

I'm curious...

For the folks that believe they are owed something. What type of 'compensation' are you looking for?
  9. Grimblekin Journeyman

My guess is that the OP is the same kinda person who screams for a free month on his subscription when a patch goes 30 minutes over the expected time.
  10. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Taken directly from the Terms of Service:

DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. DAYBREAK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES.

If you have logged into the game, you agreed to these terms.

No one is owed any compensation for something not working as advertised.
  11. SnapVine Augur

posting a flimsy legal disclaimer is as dumb as asking for compensation
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but I think it fairly well sums up why there will be no compensation, and why no compensation is owed. And it happens to be one of the FEW things on these forums that EVERYONE can agree on, since you are compelled to agree to it in order to play the game.

You can call it flimsy all you want. We both know that if you are playing the game, you agreed to it and are bound by its constraints.
  13. Soriano Augur

Not at all flimsy....take them to court....that flimsy agreement means they win....lol

/disclaimer I am not asking for compensation and think anyone who does wasted the time to type it out....
  14. Critt Augur

One of the main problems I find with games is usually because there are always people willing to accept a subpar product/service.... Sure the people arguing both sides of this are technically right... but the people who expect something that they pay for to work the way it's described are MORE right in my opinion.. Allowing game devs to treat paying customers shodily is not only bad for those customers but bad for the game industry as a whole. EQ is a service and you are paying monthly for it, if the service isn't what you want stop paying... Money is the only thing game studios pay attention to... Of course EQ has acted like it's allergic to money for the last 2 years so they probably won't get the point anyway...
    Taladir likes this.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

If you have ever been a part of a team working on a project that creates something, you know that 100% of the time there will be issues and flaws to work out. It would be totally egregious if what was advertised was completely different than the final product and that was INTENDED. But that is not the case here. There was a flaw somewhere in the code that had to be fixed. It took time to find that flaw and fix the problem. This can in no way be construed as "devs mistreating players".

Most people know (or SHOULD know) playing games like this there is a chance for errors. You accept that risk when you play the game. If you did not accept that risk, you would be unable to even launch the game.

I think it is a nice gesture when game companies make mistakes that they apologize or even offer something to the player base in lieu of an apology. But for that to be expected is nothing but pure entitlement. You can have the expectation that things should work the way it is described all you want, but when you click "Accept" on the terms of service, you are agreeing that sometimes things will NOT work the way they are described and you are ok with that. If you are not ok with that, don't click accept and don't play the game.
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Critt Augur

Sorry, all i see in this is you saying it's ok to have poor customer service ..... I already said I agree that technically the company doesn't owe anyone anything... From a customer service standpoint though when you realize you didn't deliver something as advertised you make an effort to compensate your customer accordingly... On the flip side as a customer you should definitely take your money elsewhere if you feel what you were paying for wasn't delivered.
  17. Numiko Augur

I logged on some of my level 60 alts the other day who have zero AA and no exp going into AA and somehow got a few AA achievement notifications.

When I looked it over I found they had been auto granted 3 ranks of Spell Haste. For whatever reason this only happened on mages and druids, other level 60 alts got nothing, but this could be a preview of what they are intending to do?
  18. Moof Journeyman

/sigh. Can we please stop being apologists for the team that produce EQ? I refuse to accept that this TLP not working as intended is OK, and that those who worked hard to benefit from the TLP theme should just let it go and be grateful if/when the bug is fixed.

Enough already. Lets hold them to account! We absolutely should expect to receive the benefit we spent hundreds of extra hours levelling characters for, and for the period where they failed to deliver, we absolutely should expect to receive some form of good will! We're not asking for much, and I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask to be credited with the earned, but missing XP.
    Critt likes this.
  19. v_elderblaze New Member

well i seen the new patch notes. looks like the bug is fixed today. finally, little over half way though expansion. least we got 3 weeks of bonus.
  20. coltongrundy Augur

Today. 200% bonus experience on Oakwynd for a week.