What is the most noob thing you've done lately?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Alarya, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Alarya Augur

Rules for the thread:
    Post something that YOU have done that was embarrassing/noobish in a group or raid setting! It does not have to be the latest, but should be funny or relatable at the least!

I'll start: While the TBM expansion was current we were raiding Anashti Sul and right after we hit burns.... I evacuated the whole group!
    IblisTheMage and Pirlo like this.
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

I feel like I've got one that's hard to top.

TBL Beta, during my Realm of Insanity application, we were doing Plane of Fire.

Aldryn was explaining a few things to tweak before the event started, when I suddenly ran in and aggrod the Guardian of Doomfire. Just straight up charged in, died, and trained the raid that was still setting up and getting zoned in, Leeroy Jenkins style.

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing, but was definitely really embarrassed. I told everyone I accidentally stood up with auto-run, but in reality I was trying to show another Enchanter something, and completely forgot that NPC was active. Oops.

Still passed my app. #nailedit.
  3. Sancus Augur

It's never too late to vote no. Brb.
    Pirlo, Tatanka and gotwar like this.
  4. Tolzol Augur

Yea i think the most noob thing we have done recently was let this guy in ;-)
    Tatanka and gotwar like this.
  5. Morthakia Augur

Yesterday I was doing my daily fight fire run (/yawn). As per usual, I triggered the event and AE aggroed the 7 initial mobs. Hit deflection and got stomped, only to realize I was still equipping my 2hander, which negates deflection....
    Pirlo likes this.
  6. Buri Augur

Participating on a raid with a fishing pole in my hand
  7. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Got called to corpse, hit staunch because it was the last event of the week so why not. Immediately proceeded to rez myself /clap
    Metanis likes this.
  8. ~Mills~ Augur

Thats why deflection and flash keys should be hotbuttons with bandos setup first!
    svann and Metanis like this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I recall doing that PoWar named upstairs for the annul ring that reacts badly if fire spells are cast on it.

We engaged and the thing keeps spam healing itself. Enraged I yelled in TS what idiot is chain casting fire?! Only to find that I had clicked my VT gloves on monk and had been spamming Call of Fire procs myself. GG me. GG.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

This was a while ago but I was doing hero's journey progression 5 boxing. Somewhere along the way I must have encountered a mob that debuffed my group and removed levitation from all of my toons. Not really paying attention I ran my sk off a bridge expecting to just float across and well he went splat to his death. No worries as I ran my second in command ahead and he to ran right off and went splat to his death. At this point I probably should have questioned things but no I ran my third and fourth toon to their death. By the fifth toon I had to stop and ask myself wtf was going on. I know levi works in this zone and I always have it on so why were they just falling to their death. I inspected my fifth toons buffs and wouldn't you know he didn't have levi on. It was a long run of shame back to my corpses to grab a rez.
    Pirlo likes this.
  11. Ultrazen Augur

Resubbed to EQ for the........13th/ish time.
    Metanis and Pirlo like this.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Spent ages getting all my boxes loaded in for the perfect set of buffs, log Druid in for Skin and set Mercs to passive so they don't block it before it can land on everyone. Log Druid out and Cleric in (same account). Add symbol and that sweet, sweet AC buff that mercs don't have. Fifteen minutes of buffing and juggling assorted characters and I'm absolutely ready to go, full set of pet gear for the Beastlord and everything.

Lamp to Stratos; move to the camp spot and the first pull is two mobs. Fine. I'll just pop some stuff and drop them before their AoEs become an issue. Get one dead and the other to about 40% but healing is extremely lacking so when it gets a good round in and then AoEs the box and myself both die. I sit back in the chair and realise I forgot to take the Mercs off passive before starting.

Again.
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. JacLuc Lorekeeper

This was just a couple of nights ago. In a group running the Delivery mission in PoF, killed the Guardian, working on the snails and then see the glorious You have been slain by JacLuc text on my screen. Yep, dotted my self to death.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  14. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

While PLing a group, I accidentally hit tab before clicking Harm Touch on my SK, and crit myself for about 6 mill and wiped the group.

On my SHM when I finally got the Spiritual Rebuke AA, I was in Argath, and clicked it accidentally, to get mowed down in approximately .2 seconds by 20 mobs....worst part of all I was fishing for Raxil fish.

On my ROG I thought I'd test safefail in the Emerald Jungle, heading towards CoM, and plummeted to my death for about 200k damage.

I have done a couple of other noob things, pulling mobs with my buffs loaded. Pulling mobs with my merc on passive. Attacking mobs with my TS trophy/fishing pole in hand.

The last thing I can remember was falling off the bridge in Chardok with no camp fire up during the bridgekeeper fight.....6 times during one camping with a full group of live people.(no mercs) Yes, 6 different bridgekeepers, 6 times falling off the bridge. Let's just say I didn't return to Chardok for quite a while.
  15. Mintalie Augur

This is why I never put them on passive!
  16. Zurril Elder

Not exactly lately, but I have two that I remember well... /facepalm.

1. TDS Arx 1 - the emote in which a targeted player is about to be AE'ed

We were doing open raids on Bristle at the time. On every raid, I would help every week by sending out the Gina Triggers and reminding folks that if they get the emote, they need to run away and not AE the raid. I was the SK who did the initial deflect + ae aggro of the first wave until they were mezzed. I would get a lot of emotes.

This one week we wiped twice due to someone failing emotes. I reminded people after each wipe that they needed to follow the emotes.

But it was me. I forgot Gina wasn't turned on.

2. Xulous Prime - Ramp Tanking and placing the mob.

Doing open COTF raids at the time on Bristle again. I was the RT that was responsible for pulling the Xulous into the corner. The other SK's who have done it in the past showed me where to place the mob. We sent out our Eye's and everything to show me.

I counted us down, I charged in, I aggro'ed and somehow got turned around. I ran to what I thought was the correct corner. The raid was waiting for the mob at the normal spot... which I wasn't at. Instead of realizing what I did and correcting, they had to run over to me.

Luckily we didn't wipe, but the TO became "RT Zurril (to the correct corner please)"
  17. Gribble New Member

I joined an awesome FM group the other night and my assist key would not work at all. The warrior was pulling 3-6 mobs at a time very quickly and I had to manually target everything to keep up.

After about five minutes I figured out the problem with my assist key. “/assist Decimator” was not cutting it!
  18. svann Augur

Forgot that when you accept a new set of shared gina triggers you have to click them on. I guess I do that every year.
  19. Aldryn Another New Member

Voted yes on Gotcharms.
    Alarya, Tolzol and gotwar like this.
  20. eqgamer Augur

Just this past weekend I realized that I’d been clicking my cleric’s epic ORN. Altho she’s just a box, I think I’ve been doing that for past couple of months. /facepalm
    Ambition likes this.