What if players had immunities?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by menown, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Coruth Augur

Just for fun.

3 Tanks: all have Fear Immunity. So no more for them.

Druids & Rangers would have Snare/Root Immunity
    Shaman & Beast would have Spell Slow Immunity
    Cleric would have Stun Immunity
    Mages would have Summon Immunity
    Wizards/Berserkers would have Silence Immunity
    Enchanters/Necros would have Mez Immunity
    Rogues/Monks would have Immunity from Zone-Wide Agro Pulses

Bards would have... well they are bards they already are immune to enough.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Only Knights have Fear immunity; Warriors do not, last I knew.

And really I think each class would be better to choose what immunities they get, than any one person. Most of those immunities are worthless or way OP. I mean how is not getting hit by AE aggro pulses good for 2 classes who will be fighting the mob toe to toe? How often do mobs mass mez? Summon immunity for any class is OP IMO but giving it to any casting class is 10 worse. Slow immunity would void eliminate part of res/rez effects. Silence immunity would be borderline. The rest are just eh.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Warlord's Resolve
    This is a passive ability; it does not need to be activated.
    Requirements: Level 95, Knowledge of Alaran Culture - Advanced at Level 1.
    This passive ability grants you immunity from most fear-based spells.

Looks like it was brought into game during VoA, whoops, I was on break at the time.
  4. Repthor Augur

warriors are alreaddy immune to fear and melee Stun (thru aas).
    knights are immune to fear and melee stun aswell from the front iirc thru aas.

both knights and warriors have aas that make them mitigate charm effects.

monks and bards i think alreaddy has chance to resist snares thru aas
  5. Wyrdyn New Member

This peeves you? The devs will be glad to know that *something* is working as intended. :p
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

Both of these are untrue as we are not immune to either of those. Our Fearless AAs state that we are immune to fear but that's not the case. There are some instances of differing fears in-game that are unresistable by anyone, even us.
    We are also not immune to stun from the front or any other direction. Our Steadfast Will AA offers a chance to not be stunned, far from an absolute such as immune.
    As with Steadfast Will our Mental Fortitude AA also gives a chance to resist Charm, certainly far from a guarantee as I get charmed occasionally on certain raids.
  7. Angahran Augur

If immunities were ever offered it wouldn't be long until the mobs developed something "completely different to the thing you are immune to but just happens to look remarkably the same".
    Spellfire and SaderakhBertox like this.
  8. Repthor Augur

iirc your steadfast last rank of it is a 100% imunity from melee stuns from the front , this dosent include magical stuns as in spells. warriros arent imune to magical stuns either thats why i listed Melee stuns

same thing goes with fear imunity theres the normal fear then theres the magical fear. fearless and warriros fearless protects from the normal fear but not the magical fear
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

Yeah this isnt a X it's an ability that charms, mezzes, stuns, roots, snares, slows, spell slows and cant be dispelled, cured or anything!
  10. Ranpha Augur

I'd be happy with immunity from anything that cons green to me.
  11. Angahran Augur

I'd be happy if grey con mobs couldn't summon me.
    Also, stop giving mobs both knockback and summon! pingpong is not fun.