We need more gear with Type 18/19 aug slots!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I gathered nearly every available TBL, ToV, and now NOS type 18/19 augmentations! I have a 40 slot bag in the bank full of them! I mean come on, the 24th Anniversary mission drops a dozen flavors all by itself and I've won most of them.

But since the hands, the ring, the feet, and the shoulders didn't keep up with NOS Raid gear I've had to retire 12 augmentation slots.

Now, by the time I load up my Ear with Enhancements and my Back with Strategies, I'm left with a pile of other nice Augmentations with focus effects that I'd like to use too!

So please Devs, how about some more ^current^ evolving gear so I can use more of these sweet augmentations again? Or add a mechanic to further evolve the gear I already have in the bank!
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Since they put the type 3 slots only on the non-vis stuff, why not continue that theme and add a type 18/19 slot to the visible pieces?
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's possible the extra data on non-vis items (luck, more aug slots) overlaps with the data for the items appearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_type

Just like the haste on a quiver is in the data space for weight reduction.

more luck and more augs may now be possible when the item code is refactored for the bigger 64 bit memory space. But that will have a cost in CPU cache misses, and the usual "work on my pet project instead!" complaints.

Personally, I love procs and unique effects a lot, they are a lot more fun than always hitting for the same basic damage.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

They don't really have the slots for that
  5. Fian Augur

What they should do is release an evolving item for each expansion. Since they are BiS, they will tend to be something you can keep for about 3 expansions, 4 if you really prize the aug slots. But yeah, I went down from 5 items having type 19 slots to 2. Hard choices to make on which augs to keep.
    Metanis likes this.