was anyone actually asking for early kunark?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Jun 17, 2015.

1. taliefer Augur

been a whole lot of insults flying on both sides of the kunark thing.

the thing is, i dont remember seeing *anyone* saying we needed early kunark, before Holly's tweet.

no casuals, no hardcore "ubers", noone who raced to 50. i dont recall anyone saying we needed kunark already.

so does anyone remember seeing any kind of clamor for kunark?

now that the option has been floated out, sure some people would prefer it. but i really dont remember seeing an outcry for it.
  2. Finwen Augur

The same six people post about it nearly every day, so yes, I have seen people saying they need early Kunark.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

yes, now. but not before holly tweeted a vote was coming.
    Gregolo likes this.
  4. Vlerg Augur

People suggested that a new TLP server would be better off releasing with kunark before Daybreak even announced a new set of TLP.

Heck, there's a new post about kunark pretty much every day since ragefire was announced...

Even on Fippy , severals years ago, people advocated a quick kunark release.

Have you been living under a rock?
    Rhiyannon and Indigo like this.
  5. Dark_Intentions Augur

A lot of people have said to bring Kunark early. During the first vote, some people voted to start the servers with Kunark. This is not just a brand new idea, all of a sudden.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

It was requested long before the server's launch and never totally died, however, implementation of load balancing at higher level zones has drastically scaled back people calling for it. In fact, people who are against Kunark opening and think they deserve their own post on the subject, seem to massively outnumber people who were actually keeping the topic alive.

My guess is two-fold:

1. Vote will fail unless they wait at least another month to hold it
    2. Daybreak may be hoping Kunark will be enough to prevent the need to do anything with raid availability - and if a Kunark vote fails, be prepared for some form of "we offered you a solution"

Edit: The people who are making claims of "promises" and "bait and switch" are causing some of the uproar; that is to say, these claims are causing people who are pro-Kunark (pro-Kunark but satisfied with load balancing) or neutral to debate against them, making it look like there might be more support for Kunark than there really is.
  7. Indigo Augur

Kunark vote in 2 months wins overwhelmingly!
    Tarrin likes this.
  8. taliefer Augur

i think you are probably right. ive been on the forums since before the server launched,i just didnt see an outcry for kunark afte the server launched. instancing exp zones probably had alot to do with it.

regarding point 2, thats my fear as well. especially since kunark only makes raiding even more toxic. i cant believe they think kunark is even close to a solution.
  9. Vlerg Augur

i'm also uncertain about a kunark vote right now.

but in a month, people will vote yes with an overwhelming majority.
    taliefer likes this.
  10. Vlerg Augur

I'll guess you didn'T see the kunark posts because they were hidden in the multitude of ''we need a 2nd server'' or the '' we need a queue system'' or even the '' we need instancing on more than newbies zone'' pots... but they were definatly there.

and yes, Kunark alone won't solve problems ( actually make it worse, since in the current system, sebilis-karnor-dreadland-skyfire-chardok wouldn't be instanced). Trak'anon in particular is a huge block... 2-5 key pieces per kill, 100+ people to key ( just for TL). 3 day respawn... do the maths.

we need kunark ( for boredom reason... you can only stomach OOT goblins for so long once you reach the low 40s) along with instancing / expedition of raid targets.
  11. doodelydoo Journeyman

If they straight up lied about 6 months until expansions, I'm out. I don't intend to spend years on a server where the rules are enforced by liars. It's still at the top of the forum for crying out loud. Voting starts six months after the raid bosses were downed, or it's all lies. I'm not even high enough level to vote, which is an extra slap in the face.

For posterity
    https://archive.is/TN1yu
  12. itstrucktwice New Member

Even if the vote happens tomorrow they wouldn't be "straight up lying" about anything. Literally the same day they released the poll results that said it would be 6 months per expansion, they said that they would explore accelerating the unlocks if a majority of the playerbase decided that is what they wanted.
  13. Gregolo Augur

They said they would revisit expansion speed / votes if the need/desire from players arises. This was said before the server even launched. You're emotional and can't handle the notion of the TLP server democratically deciding what it wants to do, that's too much for you to handle? You'd quit over that?

I bet you quit a lot of things.
  14. Jaxarale01 Augur

I think the point is not about before the vote or after the vote etc...

The question is since the decision was made and they stated if the majority wanted Kunark early they would look at a poll for it.

Good we are all on the same page.

Where is the metric DB put in place?
    Where are the posts or tweets or whatever from the majority asking for Kunark since the vote?

I saw a 99 page thread on instancing and about 10 more that were closed by Roshen... but nothing even coming near that for Kunark....

So the question is valid... who has asked and where and how many?
    Because if you mean that tiny 6 page thread buried and dead on the next page... I don't consider 7 people wanting Kunark as the "majority".

I'm fine either way bit would like to know what prompted them to even bring it up? Where is the massive feedback being posted?

It seems more like a desperate decision to do something... anything to help the toxic poopsock raiding going on 3 weeks after the server opened... not something the "majority of the playerbase" has requested.
  15. doodelydoo Journeyman

FAQ is archived and posted above. I'm sure changing the rules here is much more important than changing that litterbox.
  16. Mabbu-EQ Elder

I would appreciate seeing the world open up a little bit more than it is now. With as many people we have I think we'd all be a bit happier if we weren't all stuck in the same 3 rooms with 5000 people who don't shower.

But on a serious note, all of the classic raid content is still relevant in Kunark, and in fact all of the classic raids dragons drop the same loot found on Kunark dragons. So were not really talking about making raids obsolete at all, but rather were getting more of them.

this is just my opinion, not a demand, not even a suggestion. Troll if you must though, but its simply how I feel and no one can take that away from me! <3
  17. Tarrin Augur

I know this is reaching..but lets go down a hypothetical roller coaster.

What IF there is a world where they release a poll simply asking "would you be interested in kunark releasing on a time table earlier than 6 months? 3 or 4 months, for example?". And it was an easy yes or no response only. If the "no" vote wins, we don't hear about it any more. We stay the 6 month course. If the "yes" vote wins, we merely have a vote slightly later with exact time frames. 3 months, 4 months, whatever. Then when the new months have passed (lets say for the sake of argument 3 months wins), after 3 months the official "kunark opening" vote takes place.

Would that count as a metric?

I know this crazy scenario is a bit to chew on.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  18. Finwen Augur

This is the only crazy part of your scenario.
  19. Tarrin Augur

To clarify, we don't hear from DBG about holding another shortened release timer for kunark vote anymore :p

It will never end on the forums. Sorry for the confusion!
    Finwen likes this.
  20. Daykin Journeyman

Asking for early kunark started before the server even began.