Warlord’s Grasp

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Krool, Jan 30, 2018.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The guilty have appeared :) And that...

.... is a cool story.
  2. Maedhros High King

I think it's amusing that you believe Daybreak listens to one of the players in my guild's opinions about a particular ability and that it has lead to Warlord's Grasp not being updated. What is your opinion for why SK Mindless has not gotten updated then? None of my guild SKs have spoken about that. I have myself asked for a paladin version and yet it was not immediately granted, so my influence is not quite as high as you seem to think. What am I guilty of though? Besides thinking that you should probably take off your tinfoil hat once in a while and get some sun, your vitamin D might be deficient.
    fransisco and Drogba like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

I think you and Beimoth (can't spell his name correctly) are secretly actual devs whose goal is to sow misery in the player base
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Maybe you are just down the ladder on influential people to daybreak from your guild? OTOH, simply understand all I was pointing out was that the opinion voiced of a warrior in your guild was both that which was adopted by daybreak AND that which is the overwhelming minority of sentiment of members of that class.
  5. Maedhros High King

Maybe!

Have you done a poll then? I would like to see the statistics on this "minority".
  6. Brohg Augur

feeding trolls
    Maedhros likes this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Just look at the responses to this thread. A clear majority wonder why grasp hasn't been updated. The only defenders of the status quo who aren't whiney pallys are people you know Maehdros. Pallys are perpetual whine machines anyway reduced to agi tanks and a timely heal to justify their existence .
  8. Xorsazis Augur

I do not know Maedhros but I fully support this change.

Was really tired of people crutching on it and not correctly establishing agro. Yeah I miss having it occasionally, but it is not a big issue since I have Undivided Attention if I need it.

There are plenty of tools to help you do your job correctly.
    Sheex likes this.
  9. Maedhros High King

You're very precious.
  10. Lianeb Augur

It was a nice to have. Definately not a must have, in all honesty I just hate spending AAs on something that goes obsolete in the next expansion without an upgrade. There are not many that do this and warriors already have the lowest number of AAs to use now it is one less.

#refundmyAAs
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I’m not a Paladin, nor do I know Maedros, but I’m totally good with abilities like this being stagnated/removed, including my classes’ version. 1 button push to ignore the hatelist is a crummy design mechanic and too often used as a derp crutch. And for the rarish cases it’s still “needed”, the longer reuse disc version is still sitting there and available.

I do support your bashing of Paladins though. May they all /alt activate 76 while mounted on their unicorns while prancing around their natural habitat, revamped Freeport!
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think GINA is a crutch and should be a bannable when used. See what I did there?
  13. Lianeb Augur

you formed an opinion?
    fransisco likes this.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Not exactly. However, it was an opinion based on drawing a parallel on what I see are "crutches" available to players. One crutch is far far worse and comes to us from the horrors of WOW where keyboard facerollers passed off for MMORPG accomplishments nothing more than following yellow text\audible notifications of exactly what to do next in every encounter.
  15. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I keep seeing this ability being referred to as a crutch. It only lasted six seconds and IMO if someone was actually crutching on six seconds maybe they should just roll an SK if they want easy agro mode. I don't think any good warrior relied on this for agro. To me it was more of a tool that warriors could depend on to grab something from a distance that you don't have to wait every seven minutes to use.

Honestly I could care less about the reduce ally agro effect attached to it. I just liked having that ability to save a healer/dps from a small distance when needed.
  16. Tucoh Augur

17. Tucoh Augur

18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Gratz Warriors! I wish they did this back in beta for you guys. You have your binkie back!
  19. Brohg Augur

I think you don't understand what happened.
  20. Repthor Augur

This is normal. U get and buy an ability it get nerfed then added a lvl cap then stagnated to not work. Then they change it so its not the same ability then they give it back with restrictions and take away half of what the ability does.

We got 2 more ranks of undivided attetion reuse reduction so might not even matter. However this is gonna get farmed out to the other 2 tanks given time so in the long run its a net loss

Oohwell just another day