VP key ground spawns remind me why I quit this game for half a decade.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Febb Augur

9-20-2017 patch message.

- Key to Veeshan's Peak (Quest) - Quest hand-ins can no longer be multiquested.
    Montag likes this.
  2. Asphixia New Member

3. Montag Augur

This is great news. The problem is 1/3rd solved. Next is 90 minute ground spawns and spawn rates on AJ and rotting and kc dude.
  4. Zefirus Journeyman

That is great news. At least now we will be competing with people who need it rather than those who seek to turn a profit using illicit means.
  5. Mogie1 New Member

Are people really buying the multiquesting?. DB has said they do not support multiquesting if you get scammed and there is no way of knowing they are selling the right piece. This m.q fix actually hurts our guild but maybe it will help out in the long run if MultiQuestinging is really a problem. The only reason half of our key'd members are key'd is from the HIGH play time players MQing pieces for our lower playtime members
  6. Xanathol Augur

Because you've tried to grief me and another person at another camp before...
  7. Ohfuggle Elder

Lol, might as well just remove the entire key requirement.

Phinny guys warned ya'all that the VP key would be toxic, and you already had it WAY easier then we ever did.

At some point you've gotta suck it up and deal with it, I'd say GL w/ Anguish Signets...but yeah lol you'll never have that problem!
  8. MakingSense New Member

I guess this needs clarification. Does this mean the Rune of Scale quest can no longer be multi-quested alla my tooth and your medallions? OR does it mean the medallion quests can longer have any of their parts multi quested? Or both?
  9. Zefirus Journeyman

I am assuming since they pluralized the "turn in's" part, it would be everything, but they do not specifically state so its a good question.
  10. MakingSense New Member

"Everything" and the plural form could simply mean medallionS and the Trakanon tooth.

I get the feeling more that they only removed it from the Emperor Ganak quest. Probably because skipping the entire quest via being present for one Trak kill and paying 20 kr for the medallions just seems too much like Pay2Win. Removing multiquesting from the sub-quests also means guildies can not help each other out.

We won't know until Prathun or someone jumps in though!!!
  11. Grokl-VS Journeyman

I hope its also the sub-quests.

Nice that DB listens.
  12. Mogie1 New Member

Are you kidding? Phinny had unlimited picks that stayed up with 1 person indefinitely. Much easier
    Risiko, Trevalon and Jaxarale01 like this.
  13. Trevalon Augur

Truth, having been there for both Phinny and now Agnarr, Agnarr has been much worse. Not only are there almost never any picks cause it's much harder to keep them open, but there is absolutely a higher usage of Autoclickers and krono bots than there was on Phinny.

Even at the 3 hours timer (which was only there for the first month of phinny then was changed) Phinny was still easier than Agnarr with its 1.5 hour timer cause there were easily 3-4 picks open.
  14. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

Fake news ^^^^^ Phinny had max 2-3 picks and 2 random level 1's auto clicking and destroying EVERY single spawn for weeks. Why do you think no destroy was added? Some people just love to make stuff up.
  15. Montag Augur

That would be even better. With a 12 week cycle this kind of gating is damaging.
  16. AgentofChange Augur

They didn't stay up that long. The server crashed every 10 hours back in those days.
  17. NinjutsuMMO Augur

So by your logic, people should not worry because luclin / pop will come out one day ?
  18. Aegir Augur

I see your point, but Veeshan's Peak is a pretty unique endzone when talking about upgrades and their longevity.

The current package Kunark are released on TLP servers makes many of Veeshan's Peak's drops dated in era.
    Kunark came out in spring 2000 and during the summer I remember sitting drooling over VP stuff on Zam. Then they added Epic quests in the fall later that year and basically made 99% of the weapon drops from there more or less glorified toys/souvenirs. There's Crown, Earring, Cloak and Robe from Phara Dar. PE Hammer and Lute from Silverwing are nice stuff too, but that's basically it. When you enter Temple of Veeshan or Vex Thal, You will be looking at huge upgrades over your whole equipment line. So if you have your epic, you are looking at maybe 1 2 or max 3 desireable upgrades compared to 15+ just around the corner.
    Risiko likes this.
  19. Mogie1 New Member

In my opinion , people are here for the nostalgia, to revisit old content and to experience old content "in era". Now obviously, the content is very different in difficulty and accessibility now which is why TLPs are popular. The addition of Agent's of change has vastly improved the TLP experience. I see no reason why the key should be so difficult to obtain. Why did they change the Seb key to be much easier? Why add picks and AoC? To give players accessibility. This is no longer EQ of 1999, this is a much easier version of Everquest in terms of content and content progression. I know for a fact that many in my guild have unsubscribed waiting for Velious because they do not want sit at a ground spawn for hours and hours. There are people in my guild who are sleeping for 90 minutes at a time just to try and click the Swamp piece every spawn.

In some peoples logic here that you can "skip VP", That logic goes to every expansion, You do not need VP for velious. You dont need tunare/vulak/sleepers loot for VT or emp ssra, you dont need vt for PoP. At the end, you can skip Quarm, because theres nothing to progress towards after Quarm, so why waste your time?
    Aegir likes this.
  20. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

You do have alternatives, use the PICKZONE command so you wont be frustrated
    Renshu likes this.