Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Backes, May 23, 2019.

1. Backes New Member

Hi all, just wondering what it takes for account time to sync with new toons. I created a few new All-Access characters after being away for a year, and when I'm trying to claim the Veteran Rewards, it's saying my account does not qualify, yet when I change characters, it's showing 17 years... Not sure what's going on? Sorry that I'm out of the loop, and any help is appreciated.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Make sure your logging in thru the patcher.

It may show 17 years but there are only 14 vet rewards so at the most you would have them available for 14 characters. That would include any deleted in the past that had the rewards put on them.

Some TLP might not get vet rewards, I know they didn't used to but I don't play on those so not sure if they still don't.
  3. Prepared Lorekeeper

Also make sure you only have one account logged in for the email used. If you have another account logged in and try to /veteranreward then it won't work and will show you don't have the years even though you do. It's a generic error that doesn't reflect the actual problem. So just log out all other accounts when you do the command.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow that's a new one, I only use one email for all of my accounts and they all log in under one patcher at the same time. Will have to keep that in mind if something weird pops up like that.

Also could be UI - custom UI can cause issues but never heard of it on vet rewards. But you never know, like the email thing.
  5. Backes New Member

Thank you both for the responses. I do have a single email address that's shared for each account. I also use a custom UI from eq-resource, strange that it would be the cause but I'll try with a fresh install tomorrow. Thanks again!
  6. Prepared Lorekeeper

I don't believe you need a fresh install as we found your problem. It's because of the same email address. Just log out all of the accounts except the one you want to do /veteranrewards on and it will work! :)
  7. Moege Augur

Not following the logic here. The number of vet rewards has nothing to do with how many characters you can claim it on.

If EQ runs for 50 years you would have 50 claims to use. Not that you could without deleting characters...
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How odd. It has always been one character per year/reward. So if you have played 3 years you would only be able to flag 3 characters.

Reference: " Players have the ability to flag characters on their account to receive Veteran rewards; accounts will allow one character to be flagged for each full year of Veteran time earned on that account"
    So the maximum number of characters you can have flagged is equal to the number of Veteran Rewards you have!)

From http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Veteran_Rewards
  9. Dreadmore Augur

I wonder of Moege is right and that is just worded ambiguously.
    I'm not about to start deleting my characters to find out though...
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah just do a google search instead - much easier.
  11. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I am almost entirely sure deleting characters doesn't give you back a Vet Reward slot.
  12. Backes New Member

Thank you all for the feedback. I remembered that you have a finite number of characters you can claim your vet rewards on. I logged in my cleric box, which has only had one character on it that claimed a vet reward. Total entitled time on the account is 9+ years. This was the only account logged in at the time. When I switch to my new character that was created a few days ago, it's still showing as having 0 entitled time on the account. I guess my next step is support? Thanks again everyone.
  13. Moege Augur

16 toons 16 vet rewards and I know I deleted/recreated 2 with veteran rewards.

Badly worded, there is confusion about veteran reward (should be veteran claim) and veteran reward (should be veteran ability)
  14. Dreadmore Augur

Haha, maybe they said that either thinking EQ wouldn't survive beyond 14 years or thinking they'd keep coming up with a new veteran reward for each year.
  15. Prepared Lorekeeper

Yes the next step is support. If it's showing 0 entitled time on a new character then that is something different from the issue that I had with veteran rewards.

By the way I just found out that you must do the /veteranreward command when you use the Everquest launcher. If you use "eqgame.exe patchme" like it is launched through some multiboxing software then there will be an error displayed telling you that you don't have the time even though /played shows that you do. That was the issue that I had. However if the /played command shows 0 entitled time then it's something different.
  16. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I showed 0 entitled time with /played on one of my accounts (but not both) until I launched without WinEQ2 and then it displayed correctly after launching normally.
  17. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

My account has 20 years entitled time and I've claimed rewards on 14 characters + one character that was account transferred (years ago) and another that was deleted. So yes, confirming that the limit is the years /played and not amount of vet rewards.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  18. Grove Augur

Maybe we are saying that up through 14 the years played equals the number of permitted awarded characters on the account. Beyond 14 years maybe the years count for adding characters with the number of years equaling the total awarded characters with no more awards/benefits themselves being available.