Vaniki Suggestions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Ariana Augur

Attunable gear?
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  2. Zinth Augur

as long as they either double/triple the keys for raids OR make it so all that attends get a key then I don't really care about "loot pinata" I see this as a HARDCORE CHALLENGE server not a mischief insane loot out of every orifice pinata
  3. Pappasalt Augur

Either one of you play on Selo for an extended period of time?
  4. Scarredevolution New Member

Vaniki definitely needs FV loot and increased loot drops to be relevant since this is a selo style server the same issues are going to pop up here that happened on selo.

On Selo if you werent raiding every lockout the second it came up/running splits you ran into the issue of people just not getting gear so you have people behind in gear which in later eras not having good focus effects is a detriment and there was alot of times melee classes would opt for gear way back in expacs because they cant get rid of raid cleave/ferocity for group level. And then the problem of when you replaced gear thats it, you cant do anything with it anymore you cant pass it on to someone new on the server.

Increased loot drops would be great, do away with half lockouts I rather raid something once a week rather than 3 times a week because of its lockout and double or triple loot drops would drastically improve gearing a raid force + if it were FV loot drops you can hand off gear. Lost a warrior and someone offered to reroll warrior? Great the extra loot and FV loot rules as long as you didnt sell that gear now can go to that rerolled toon and be a contributing member of the force. Back on selo someome rerolled to a warrior because you lost a warrior? Well I guess they need group gear and we gotta run lower content to try and get them pieces with far better AC/Hp/weapons.

Keying for raids, honestly I dont know it probably needs increased flag drops but I think theres gonna be alot of situations where you dont raid that content until the proper level but who knows? Underfoot on selo was a proper indicator on how many flags should be dropping though imo
  5. Gnothappening Augur

Maybe make it so that you can just walk up to the AoC and ask them for a gear packet and they had it to you. That way you don't have to raid at all but can still get the best gear.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Are people expecting to be clearing the highest raid content open all the time? I just don't see that as a realistic goal at all.

October 1st, level cap is 65 and everything up to TBS is unlocked, lets see what targets make sense...

On a normal server you'd be farming Tacvi at that point, so 280 hme gear is "trivial"
    Alternatively group drops from Ashengate/Frostcrypt are about 265 hme so a guild could farm a group zone in force for comparable gear with no lockouts (these mobs are level 78-80).

So at level 65 even with full 260-280 hme gear, how far do you think you could push in raid content?
    Anguish shouldn't be too bad, that is 300-320.
    DoN dragons are pretty quick, same strength.
    Demiplane requires a lot of flagging, if you can even get in! Getting Dreadspire access may not be possible at 65 since you need to do the level 68+ version of "The Lost Gnomes" mission for one part.
    PoR's Theater of Blood targets would be a challenge at 65, again if you can get in. The free access AA is granted at 68, so everybody would need to do it the old fashioned way which would be difficult for just a group at 65 to handle Samples of Corruption instance. There are some open targets too, like Ashenback in Relic, but they are Anguish level
    TSS has some open targets that are sub-Anguish and "group" content is Tacvi level. But do you think you could tackle the instances, like Vergalid and Odeen, at 65 with Anguish strength gear?
    TBS you're unlikely to be able to even get into Silyssar. The group missions in Zhisza are going to be too much for 6 level 65s to handle.

So for the 9/28 to 11/23 stretch where you are level 65, I'd expect to see guilds raiding anguish/don on lockout and "raiding" Frostcrypt/Ashengate group zones on other nights.
    Rebelicious, Nighthawk and Vindaven like this.
  7. Vindaven Elder

I think the idea of Vaniki overwhelms people that are expecting that just because X expansion is out means you are expected to clear it.

I think Vaniki could be fun if you simply focus on things only a little bit above where you should be for your level.

At level 40 & 50... focus on classic / kunark / velious raids for the most part. At level 55 focus begin raiding luclin... at lvl 60 focus on raiding planes of power / gates of discord. Doing gates of discord at level 40 is probably not a realistic goal... so simply don't set that goal for yourself / your guild.

Keep in mind that your guild could also raid very high level grouping zones for gear. Which could be an activity somewhat unique to this server.
    Rebelicious and Zrender like this.
  8. Alikat Lorekeeper

I think since it's going to move faster than Selo's, we need the reduced lockout times for raids + faster point gain from LDoN since more sub lvl 65 ldons are going to be done on this server than probly any other that came before it in the first 10 weeks.
  9. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

With the incredible speed of unlocks on this server I think some amount of acceleration will be needed. Extra loot, free trade, increased named spawns. Something, and maybe multiple somethings is required.
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I agree. This server is like a science experiment. You will fail a lot, and that is okay. Knowledge is the ultimate power here. Does my guild leader really know the game? Are there people in my guild, who can offer good advice? Guilds will have a sort of round table discussion every week to determine what is possible, impossible, impractical, or probable. Daybreak has given Everquest a real treat with this rule set. Skyrim, the Witcher, GTA, Elden Ring, etc allow players to skip so much in their games, and Vaniki players can do that too. Have fun!
    Rebelicious and Zrender like this.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think FV loot would actually harm a unique server like this. Quite frankly, it is the only TLP that offers a challenge to those that wish to accept it. With FV loot you would end up with the higher end players filtering down not just elite raid items, but even the group items, and all of this would undermine the efforts of lower end players looking to progress.

To help think about it, consider a Live servers -- Sure, there is the option to progress through the eras, but with the utter abundance and ease to obtain very powerful loot there is little incentive, and therefore few players, that actually pursue the weaker content.
  12. Pappasalt Augur

So you believe the challenge of the server should not only be the 10 level deficit but also a lack of gear as well?
  13. Go Take A Nap Augur

Please take a moment and think back when you raided under regular loot. How much loot did you see per week with your raiding guild? How kitted were you before the next expansion unlock? Now take a look at the unlock schedule.

You are either A. gonna be planning to raid 4-5 nights a week, or B. going to be massively behind.
    Im not sure what would work best here. Normal loot seems wrong though while pinata loot feels to easy.
  14. Rebelicious Augur

There won't be a "lack of gear." There will have to be a bit of modesty in raiding, and not excessive overreach rushing in literal days to the endgame... which is what makes the average TLP such a huge bore. This server is designed to create a sense of CHALLENGE... and part of that challenge includes helping flag/gear your raid to accomplish great things... like in the original design of the game before total bot raid armies just sold the loot-rights for krono.
  15. Pappasalt Augur

As above your post mentioned....you would have to raid/split at least 4-5 raid days per week to even remotely gear out for the next set of content. So yes you'd be short. Faceless did that on Selo and was still struggling to keep people geared enough especially for the harder content like Underfoot and this server is faster than that.
  16. Rebelicious Augur

Your presupposing that everyone on the server, in every guild is in a content unlock race.
    Zrender likes this.
  17. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Not every class needs to have BIS either. A magician can progress from Classic to early Luclin with only cloth armor. A rogue can obtain a BIS weapon and fill every other slot with STR and Resist items. Warriors will always have the highest priority for gear, so that doesn't change between a regular rule set and Vaniki's rule set. Players and guilds will just have to prioritize need before greed.

I have been watching a few EQ Mischief Twitch streams lately, and priest classes barely have a role to fill right now. A cleric in an infected paw group rarely had to heal their group. I have played a lot of Cleric and Shaman throughout EQ, and my Clerics rarely had above 40% mana unless I was healing a BIS tank or healing a twink at low levels. Last night, I was watching a Shaman and a Cleric in another infected paw group, and both priest classes were sitting at 95+% mana at all times. The shaman missed a lot of slows due to twitch chat, but it didn't matter. They could have swapped out both priests and used a paladin to heal.

Longhoss, another twitch streamer, was face tanking even cons as a bard pretty easily.

I've been replying to a lot of Free Trade posts lately because I just don't understand how tutorial-mode-difficulty is fun. Am I wrong? I could be, according to most players. This isn't just my game. It is OUR game. If Daybreak enables Free Trade on the two new servers, I will accept that their data supports the change.
    Zrender likes this.
  18. Celatus Augur

plz for the love of god stop saying faster lock outs. I know 100% if they do super fast lock outs my friends and I will bail along with a good amount of other casualish players. Increased loot drops not faster lockouts.
    Zinth likes this.
  19. Pappasalt Augur

Ok, for everyone posting about how it will be too "easy" with more loot. Let's look at an example. I do not care about the GoD release. That is 10 weeks of gearing up on stuff that is doable 10 lvls under, yes I get it. I'm, as always, talking about the longevity of the server...not just the release. Let's take the SoD/UF release with 4 weeks and 5 lvls. So you're 10 lvls below Underfoot, you most likely aren't doing UF raids and maybe can do some SoD. Now, let's say you raid about 3 days a week...you can get 12 raids in between that time and let's say you're clearing most. You're talking what? Couple of 100 pieces of raid gear on the regular not boosted system over that month? Between 54 people who each have about 20 slots to fill? Are you going to fill that fero/cleave and focus effects for raid before you move 5-10 more lvls?

All of this while being 10 lvls under the content and maybe having 1-2 pieces of raid gear from that era before moving onto the next? You guys are nuts lol. I hope to save this thread and for those who actually are going to play on this server for the long haul hear about how you did that content with that minimal raid gear. I can assure you I did, on Selo. It sucked and we weren't 10 lvls under.

The currently planned (subject to change) unlock schedule for Vaniki is:

• Open at level 40 with expansions up to Gates of Discord unlocked
    • Four weeks later: level 50 unlocks
    • Two weeks later: level 55 unlocks
    • Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
    • Eight weeks later: level 65 unlocks along with expansions up to The Buried Sea
    • Eight weeks later: level 70 unlocks along with Secrets of Faydwer
    • Four weeks later: level 75 unlocks along with expansions up to Underfoot
    • Eight weeks later: level 80 unlocks along with House of Thule
    • Four weeks later: level 85 unlocks along with Veil of Alaris
    • Four weeks later: level 90 unlocks along with expansions up to Call of the Forsaken
    • Eight weeks later: level 95 unlocks along with expansions up to Empires of Kunark
    • Eight weeks later: level 100 unlocks along with expansions up to The Burning Lands
    • Eight weeks later: level 105 unlocks along with expansions up to Claws of Veeshan
    • Eight weeks later: level 110 unlocks along with Terror of Luclin
    • Eight weeks later: level 115 unlocks
    • Eight weeks later: level 120 unlocks
  20. Celatus Augur

In eq you decide your lvl of difficulty. Those people were obviously not pulling enough mobs. Also paw is stupid easy with 6 basic group geared people I could clear the whole zone with out sweating.