Update: Further Clarification on Recent AA Changes

Discussion in 'Game Update Notes (Live)' started by Accendo, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So what you are saying is someone can get the same benefit we paid for in aa for many less aa? But no refund. Hmmmm... interesting take on things.
  2. kizant Augur

Ok then they should just increase the cost of the AAs to be equivalent to what they were before the change. Seems like a good solution.
  3. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

But you had the benefit for a longer time.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Oh, there's still people that don't understand this a few weeks later, lol.

Ok, here ya go... Gift of Mana was improved. They made it better. It works better now. It is stronger for the player and less resource intensive on the servers. It's an improvement. Holy cow - I don't know how else to explain it any more clearly.

I'll stick to the pointless but somehow very popular 50 disc changer analogy... if the manufacturer remotely modified my disc changer to make it compatible with mp3 discs and cassette tapes (so now it works with both future and past technologies, just like Gift of Mana does now with future and lower level spells, wow!) and they did all this completely for free, all while removing absolutely zero of the original functionality (it still plays all my CD's, same as you still get Gift of Mana procs on your current era spells!) - well, I'd be pretty happy. I don't get a refund on my original purchase price, but now the thing I purchased is even better than I originally thought!

That's what you're dealing with here. You're dealing with an ability that functions the same as it did before except now it's better. Measurably and objectively better. And the improvements cost nothing. Oh, and it makes EQ work better with fewer constant server calculations. My goodness.
    Venau and GrandOpener like this.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

You received exactly what was described when you spent your AAs. There was no caveat listed in the AA description regarding circumstances for refunding any of those AAs.