Upcoming non-instanced raid/progression content reminder (GoD edition)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Lol that is very true.
  2. Brumans Augur

3. Bromm Lorekeeper

Yep.. Bumpety bump bump. Would love to see this fleshed out. Would be a good time to do it now that LDoN is dropping and Gates will be the next one up.
  4. Polekn Augur

Qvic needs to be instanced with 12 hours replay timer and no lockouts on Mshas (other than replay timer). Other enoucnters in zone should have 6.5 days lockouts.
  5. Ryak Augur

That would most accurately reflect the original intent, I would think, but I would even be satisfied with a 1 week lockout accounting for splitting being able to give roughly equivalent loot either way.

I recently came across some info about raid events in Txevu (excluding Zun Muram who obviously needs to be instanced or it will be IMPOSSIBLE for all time guilds to key for Tacvi in era without instancing of Zun Muram) i would love to know whether are being instanced as well.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

lol?
  7. Smak Augur

May as well put commonlands on lockout timer if you kill a hill giant at this rate... you really asking for a lockout timer to a zone that doesn't have one? A better option is letting anyone who has completed ikkinz1-3 group, ikkinz1-4 raid, and uqua the ability to create a... oh yeah btw qvic will likely be a pick zone so forget all that nonsense... just go to a pick with goats up and kill it.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Raid mobs don't spawn in pick zones, only the base.
  9. Smak Augur

goats may be raid flagged for combat purposes, but they are easily killed by a single group. Maybe they should remove raid tag from goats.
  10. Machentoo Augur

In era? Maybe I am misremembering but I am pretty sure they took 2-3 groups in era on previous TLP's. Then again, everything is easier now so who knows.

Either way they need to create an AoC instance for QVIC for the bic pieces if nothing else, so might as well just throw the msha's in there as well and be done with it.
  11. Smak Augur

The level cap will be 70 by the time most players defeat uqua/ikkinz raids, maybe it is 2-3 groups of 65s. I just know a group of 70s can do it and maybe even just 3 or 4 of the right classes at 70 can down goats.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Not a chance. We have two months of Gates before OoW launches and the cap hits 70. In PoP, we had 13 guilds do full PoP flagging and beat Quarm in less than a month on Phinny, 17 guilds if you push it out to five weeks. Any of those 17 guilds will easily be able to get through Ikkinz and Uqua in less than two months. I'll be surprised if most of them take longer than a month to get into Qvic.
  13. Smak Augur

Raid guilds only represent a portion of a servers population
  14. Machentoo Augur

What other portion of the server matters when it comes to deciding how raid content, that is locked behind raid progression, should be handled? The goats are irrelevant to casual groupers who never raid.
  15. Smak Augur

SO if you do not raid and kill goats before oow unlocks you are labeled as irrelevant casual groupers? by that logic anyone who started playing after oow unlocked is a casual grouper as well. if they can be handled by a single group when the loot is relevant then I think those players voice counts as well.

Most of those "raiders" you speak of gave up on discord before they ever got to qvic and did not revisit the game until the cap was 70.
  16. Machentoo Augur

You are arguing that we should remove the raid tag from the goats so that they spawn in pickzones, so that people can do them with 1 group in OoW. I am saying that it is irrelevant that people want to do them with 1 group if you can't even access the zone without raid progression. Either way, casual groupers (who have not done Uqua and probably never will) won't be able to kill them. Casual groupers are not irrelevant, they are just irrelevant when it comes to making changes to zones that can only be accessed through raiding.
  17. Smak Augur

Even if it takes 2 or 3 groups, do you know how long it would take with instance lockouts to gear up a guild that's raids with 54-72 players? If you could kill them every 6? hours or faster depending on whether or not you use picks it speeds things up.

Think about it, one or two bracers a week with 54 or up to 72 layers wanting a pair of bracers would take 54-72 weeks.
  18. Machentoo Augur

They will still be up in the open world base instance, every 8 hours or so. But yeah, it's going to be an issue.
  19. Tachyon Augur

We one grouped the goats in era (2003).
  20. Ryak Augur

If you are expecting every single person in your guild to get any particular item on a server with 2-3 month unlocks, you don't have realistic expectations.

I really wish we could get some good information instead of endlessly speculating though :(

I feel like they might just be sticking their heads in the sand about Zun Muram being REQUIRED for progression and open world.