Unreadable forums

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mowse1, Apr 5, 2024.

1. Mowse1 New Member

The contrast and font size has made using new forums extremely difficult. White background, grey font. Probably size 4 font ( may be exaggerated but using reading glasses I still have to move screen very close)
    I use iPad most often when reading forums. Am looking for adjustments but have yet to find a setting that works.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

It is grey background, black font.
  3. JetZeppelin2h Augur

If you are on a windows browser you can hold crtl down and using the mouse scroll wheel to increase or decrease the size of the fonts on the screen. I am thinking you maybe made it smaller by mistakes or something because the text for me is set at 100% no zoom the size of the font is 10pt or 13px depending on if you know what either of those mean.
  4. Mowse1 New Member

Ty
  5. fransisco Augur

Are you using a darkness plugin that polarizes websites? I do, and have to turn it off on here cause the css doesn't adapt well and makes it unreadable
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Serona Elder

This is how we know the EQ playerbase is aging.
    Fenthen and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. JetZeppelin2h Augur

Yea and when you can't read text in game anymore you can setup a text to speech app to monitor the log file and read off what is happening in the text!
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Ditto
    I hate the fact it doesn't play well with dark theme type stuff on the browser. Much harder on the eyes. (and yes, aging players)
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

New Forum? Looks the same to me. Mine shows an off white background with dark grey print.

You can change the font size by clicking the little arrow up on the top bar by the smiley face- this is 7 - this is 4 and looks like how most comes thru.

Sometimes folks do post and it comes out real pale and small but that is on their end, not the forums.

I have done testing on this and it can be caused by typing something out first and then cut and copy to here. Not the usual cut/copy - that does not change when inserting. I think its word or text doc or something.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What new forum?

It has been this way for years and no one else has complained that I have seen.
  11. Tuco Augur

Rendered in chrome at 100% zoom, looks fine to me.

[IMG]
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

Does show the horrible Windows 10 font rendering. Use Better ClearType Tuner or ClearType-Switch to adjust it !
    "Antialising / smooth fonts" should be turned off. Cannot remember which one was better, but I think that it was the first one.

[IMG]

Should be a grey speckled background with black print instead of dark grey. Not 100% black but a very very dark grey that does look like black (RGB 44,44,43). Read above or adjust your screen gamma factor ! Angeliana posted a Windows Display Calibration guide for that.
  13. Rongo New Member

@Mouse1: I am using my ipad atm. For me the forum has the same appearance than tucos screenshot shows.
    so my guess is, that some setting at your ipad is the cause, you see a different appearance.
  14. Razorfall Augur

I thought this was another uberkingkong complaint thread.

As you were.
  15. Strawberry Augur

16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Why would you do that?
  17. Iven the Lunatic

• Female
    • 21 years old
    • Anime fan
    • Graphic artist
    • Webdesigner