Two MORE Reasons to Buy The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 8, 2014.

1. sojero One hit wonder

They stated that they had to postpone the patch do to patcher issues seen on test. Which is a good thing to hold off on, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to play reliably.
    Sindier likes this.
  2. Vlad Diszno Augur

3. Sindier New Member

Ahhh ok. Thanks I didn't know that. :)
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

5. sucubae Lorekeeper

still not going to buy it. giving us similar items before that we got in previous expansion? oh boy (DRIPPING WITH EXTREME SARCASM).

the reason we bought the previous expansions was for the content, not for the "plastic bells and whistles you get with buying it". the content has gone downhill and is now heading for a cliff. does anyone else see this as a bribe because its not selling?

as a 15+ year veteran shiney does not win me over. give me content. give me content that I can play in with groups if that is how I want to play. give me content I can play in with me and a merc if that is how I want to play. give me content that I do not have to be raid geared to even have a chance to play in.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Longtuung New Member

Just my two cents: I have 3 accounts with 7, 100+ level toons. Typically I would buy at least one Collector's Edition. This time I did not because I already have 3 Heroic Characters that I do not play and because I am a player, not a collector and there was nothing worth playing with in the Collector's Edition. The Sony team went past the price point where I would buy it just for curiosity's sake. As for the new two additions? They do not entice me. What player needs another mount (to me a guy on a new mount tells others "I'm with stupid who paid $50 and all he got was this mount"? None. The port to brother island is useful for a player, but it is not worth $50 peer toon and for it to be useful for me I would have to buy 3 for a total of $150 extra ... nope. I will take the guild hall portal and boat route, which stinks of bad design by Sony because it just irritates me a touch ... not hugely, but a touch. My suggestion is that if you want PLAYERS to buy the collectors edition and not just so called collectors, then put in things for players. Suggestions: recipes for a top end food or drink item, something that activates the ammo slot so that the stats count (augs for . The universal cog fits in my trade skill item, but is useless), something that reduces the number of people required to put down a campfire, a massively overpowered item that only has 5 charges... quest keys for any of the above.

Cheers
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Harkum The Shaman New Member

I am disappointed. I payed $50 in good faith ONLY for the promised 120 AC Mount (Which I have spent far more trying to get from LoN) Only to find out that it is in fact NOT 120 AC but in fact 47 AC. What gives? If you advertise something is it not the law that you deliver goods as advertised?
  8. Roshen Brand Manager

AC buffs affect players differently, based on what class they are.

Mount Blessing Dena is considered a great mount buff. The full effects of this spell can be seen here.

The AC part of this buff is "AC_2 (120)." If you want even more information on what this number means, this was broken down by one of our devs here.
  9. Numiko Augur

What would be nice is if you bought the collectors edition you got credit (not the claims!) for all the previous collectors editions, sort of like how you get all the previous expansions when you purchase the current one.

I returned to EQ from a several year absence (last expansion i bought was House of Thule) and the other day I was in shards landing and saw some red collectable balls, but when i tried to pick them up it said I needed the collectors edition for that expansion, which of course is now impossible to get.

It may encourage people to purchase the current collectors edition if this "catch up" perk was added as well.
  10. Warbreaker New Member

Roshen, a quick question... What is the speed of these mounts?
    Just wondering.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Additional Question...

Are either the Brother Island Parrot Whistle or Armored Cat Mount 'Heirloom'? Or, in the case of the Parrot, is it /claim 999?
  12. beryon Augur

Instead of putting a number meaningless to actual gameplay in the description, why not put the actual AC values players will see in the description? People shouldn't have to find an obscure post in the forum, that, quite frankly, is extremely convoluted & difficult to understand, just to get an idea of what stats they'll get from a purchase. I first ran into this issue with the gnoll totem, but if I had paid real money for a stat buff and gotten the bait & switch, I'd be really peeved and want my money back. The hp & mana values are what you see in game; there's zero indication that the AC value is not something any class will see in game, or that the actual value will differ by class.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Parrot Whistle and the Battle Mount of your color choice were both single claim and both tagged as Heirloom items. The Wayward Lady is also Heirloom, but I noticed it has an upkeep of 46pp per day, though.
    Benito likes this.
  14. Shang Augur

15. Harkum The Shaman New Member

Fact of the matter is the advertisement that convinced me to spend $50 extra said 120 AC which is what I should receive no matter what class I choose to use it on. I am normally not one to make an issue of such matters, but in this case I am of the firm belief that something should be done to make up for it. Perhaps adding a single claimable one charge expendable box of goodies that lets CE owners choose an item from a list including a 36 slot bag, select house decor, Top tier xp potion, extra character slot, extra merc slot, special illusion, special weapon ornamentation, special armor ornamentation, extra port clicky to Brothers Island or Shards Landing, 5x LoN packs (the kind we can choose). The preceding list is of course a suggestion of examples.
  16. Koryu Professional Roadkill

For anybody who wanted more information about the mounts:

The mount statuette is a single /claim item that you right-click like a collectible with no casting time. It pops up a quest reward window, allowing you to select which colored mount you want. Each of the rewards includes item Inspect and Preview buttons as normal, so that you can see your new mount from different angles. Once claimed, the saddle is a No Trade, Heirloom, Placeable item that will increase your Mount Ring limit by one if you put it into that tab of your inventory.

[IMG]
    The battle cat breathes a faint colored smoke and has sparks coming from its eyes.

[IMG]
    In a side-view, you can see that it doesn't have much of a tail.

[IMG]
    The battle cat has an idle animation that causes it to rear up and roar. Your POV will move with the cat when it roars, but it is less pronounced in First Person than in Third.

[IMG]
    And here you can see that the paws leave a smoke trail that fades after a second or two.

As for the POV shaking while mounted, I can't really screenshot that, but the battle cat's gait is smooth. Not nearly as smooth as the Goral Stalker or the Shadow Panther, but definitely not as shaky as the Roboboar or Lava Braxi that shudder like a jalopy ready to fall apart.
    Benito and Crystilla like this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Just FYI, they have done this the past 3 years regardless of the sales of how well the sales have been. It is most likely a marketing change that came with the change to the staggered content release which was left around since it does increase the purchases before Xmas.
    Nope, the PRE-order was always $59.99, but there was no Pre-order this year. Buying the CE after release or upgrading to it has always been priced like the amounts listed.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it in my facebook feed earlier this week.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I do recall the promo with the extra Merc slot for CoTF. What items were added in the other 2 years?
  20. Jezzie Augur

I didn't buy the latest CE, there was no pre-order discount and I didn't think the extra fluff was worth the price. Judging by the number of CE merc skins running around on my server it seems many people felt the same way. It's nice that extra fluff is being added to the CE but my decision was made and I won't be changing it.
    So I logged into eq and went straight to the marketplace as I usually do to see the new stuff and deals of the day. The first thing I saw is the mounts. They are cool looking, I'll give you that! A bit pricey too! I could still be tempted though.
    That is until I saw that you must have the collectors edition of TDS in order to use the mount!
    I feel it's pretty dumb to put stuff in the /marketplace that has this restriction on it. Maybe if it required that you buy the TDS expansion but not that you have the collectors edition.
    I feel that you (the eq team) are going to be losing out on alot of potential purchases as these mounts could have been a big seller without that restriction and I hope this is not the shape of things to come whereby we are offered a lacklustre CE but unless we buy it then items in the marketplace are unavailable to us.
    It feels like some kind of strange punishment for not throwing money at you!
    I don't know (and don't really care) whose idea this was but if you work alongside this person I would invest in toe armor as this person obviously has a nasty habit of shooting himself in the foot and by now must be running out of digits!