TOFS 2 Raid, The Wedding, Til Death do Us Part, Nosja question

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Toukan Augur

Hopefully I made the event I'm asking about clear enough.
    When tanking Nosja, is instant death from being Dead Drunk avoidable? Or just a RNG factor? I'm asking because it seems to be happening to us more frequently lately.

Thanks
  2. Cadira Augur

It is avoidable!

All you need to do is a tank swap ;)
  3. Fabulous_Povar New Member

Try this:
    Soothing Psalm of the Sunrise
    Zunnoab, Cuuthbert and Jennre like this.
  4. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Aye bard in tank grp helps.
  5. Cuuthbert Augur

Put a bard in the main tank group and just have them play Psalm of Soothing Sunrise as fabulous said. Level 54 song bought in EOK if your bards do not have it yet. It is under heals and cures.
    Svann2 and Lisard like this.
  6. Lisard Silly

theres a few things you can do to minimize Nosja Tank DT's

1. Tank Swapping
    2. Bard - soothing psalm of the sunrise
    3. another option, tho it can lead to a bit of Dancer chaos if your Raid Team isnt bringing the fire. and thats to Hold on killing Mummies at 55% (rather then 25%) (off tank them until ready) until Daman has balanced out. in other words dont prematurely Activate Nosja if Daman is still 75%+

also note that each time a boss activates at 50% it clears all the usher debuffs. so you could limit the amount of dancers you have to deal with if you plan ahead =P.

tho from all the Strategies on this event, the #1 and best way is to just overwhelm it with DPS and tank swap + bard song (want 3-4 Tank order on nosja)
  7. Cuuthbert Augur

With the bard song on open raids on my alt warrior, I have been able to single tank Nosja if the healing is good. Just back into the wall and put your back in a corner on the little ledge and wedge into a corner of one of the pillars (preferably not to close to the Usher. But definitely have a back up tank ready to roll
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

If that event wasn't designed to use a bard for the tanks I'd be surprised.

Bonus point: that bard will have the cleric HP aura buff, which will help make the punishment for curing Daman's debuff once every minute survivable if the bard isn't in great gear yet. You can also arrange runes to help with that, and of course DI.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

High alcohol tolerance and beer goggles also help.
    Choose your tanks carefully for that mob and it gets easier.

Just remember to take them back off after the event. (not that I've really noticed when I didn't realize I had tanked all week with them and went looking for them the next time we did tofs only to find out I had been wearing them)
    Zunnoab, Svann2 and Yinla like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Drop a ward of purity or two near where damon is being tanked. Let the wards cure him.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

I didn't even think of that. The punishment doesn't kill the wards though? Shouldn't it? Very interesting.
  12. The real Sandaormo Augur

3 tanks on Nosja swapping makes it trivial. 2 tanks and you will probably want to mix in a death here and there on purpose. Death cures drunk at least.

We been straight up tanking this guy with out Bard ( was never suggested ) lol
    Now I'm mad!!
    adetia likes this.
  13. Zunnoab Augur

There are enough tools to combat drunk status to prevent a death like that.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Whether it should or shouldn't, it doesn't. I'm not sure if it should or shouldn't.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Psalm of the Sunrise pulses like any other Bard song. As such, the effect happens when the song lands. If the song is already in place in the song window, the next pulse will be ignored.

Catching my drift, here?
  16. KrakenReality Augur

I always confuse who is the bridge and groom. They need to make the names more idiot proof, like the Bride could be name Bride.
  17. Celephane Augur

Or just remember the names Amanda and Jason
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Ahhh ok, but that’s a danger zone assuming gender/gender roles based off a name. I’m not trying to condition my brain to think like that.
  19. Celephane Augur

Consider these names have been around since original Velious and you'll be ok.