To my point

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by icon, May 25, 2015.

1. icon New Member

Greetings,

It is currently 10:58pm EST. I just spent a great day with family swimming and eating and playing croquet. Now, I finally get home about 10:00pm - wouldn't a nice hour to wind down and play EverQuest be nice? I mean, afterall, I subscribed at $15 a month to play this long anticipated server "like it's 1999." Well, in 1999 I had some connection issues due to AoL....hmm maybe they are trying to replicate that frustration with the new queue? Bah of course not! This is a company that loves their customers, and, afterall - Aristo himself boasted of how this server holds more than Fippy and Vulak combined! Hey! I've got it! I'll tweet "Queue times for the Ragefire server are now less than 30 seconds my friends!" If it's tweeted, it becomes the truth, right? This is amazing! 30 second queue times AND if you got that last part, i'd have friends too! Ah anyways just thinking.

.........Hmm... an hour and 11 minutes. Well it's past 11 now. 5:30 comes early. But atleast I got to end a great day with moving my mouse in anticipation for a queue that never came, just to keep my computer from sleeping and thus removing my place in queue - afterall I might not be able to get on then....

oh wait - I wasn't able to anyways.

1999 was a hard time for the internet....

(And before the next voice of ignorance that echoes "there's no queues on all the other servers" I believe there is one in your brain...and it's still waiting to connect with the reality that old school vet's don't want any other server. We didn't subscribe to play a heroic character insta lvl 85. We had to swallow our pride to accept there won't be corpse runs this round. We want a chance at revisiting anything remotely close to portraying the immensity of adventure, the forging of friendship, the struggles of defeat and the pains which brought victory that once was EverQuest.....now here's your que to attack ;P )

And I mean no hate to the development team. I understand that it is hard work running a game and that you really cannot make everyone happy. However, this is the deciding week for me if I request a refund. I am reasonable, and will allow the holiday to pass and see if this server will allow me to queue in during my play times. If the queue eats my play time, as it has since it started, then, I will be unsubscribing and receiving a refund. I did not pay to play on any other server but the one I came back for - Ragefire. ...maybe we can change the name to "Querage" if it does not get better?

Thank you DBG for a good attempt. The actual product is about a C+ to a B-. However, the Queue is a big shot against it.

Just a thought - why not allow the button war instead of the queue? With a server that is "wild wild west" why put us in line at all?