TLP rog fix ideas

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ryokoryu, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

From what I remember (I lost my hard data) the Bite of a Shissar are basically worthless on proccing on anything past Luclin. The spell/proc seems to check resist rate based off the level of the crafted poison (Level 53) not player level, it lands fine up until I want to say mob level 56 but as soon as you go from 56->57 the resist rate jumped up to like 95% and just got worse from there.

The LDoN version of Strike Poison (Level 65 Req Gloves) landed fine for me on PoP/GoD content but I didn't experiment much on it in OoW as I soon changed to a zerker after taking enough rogue punishment.

What would be nice is if rogues got a insta nuke disc similar to Monk's Dragon Fang or Zerker's Volley, instead for some reason they get a 6s duration Mez that doesn't even work on mobs in top level zones.
  2. tuttles Augur

yep poison resists are pretty terrible... if i didnt have the free buff gloves, I wouldnt bother

even the vendor poisons had pretty terrible resist rates on PoP raid targets before they got removed.

1. rogues have feet why cant they kick too!
    2. agreed, we got shafted with PoR skill... ~1000 dmg for ~200 endurance would have been cooler
  3. Coppercoz Augur

I'm thinking underfoot poison revamps were long overdue for the class by the time they were implemented. I guess I should settle in for a rough patch for the next few expansions.

I'm also left wondering what rogues did to get such a lame 2.5.
  4. Machentoo Augur

The poisons in underfoot helped, but rogues were still very competitive during TSS, SoF, SoD on the last tlp's.
  5. tuttles Augur

In regards to 2.5, its the curse of backstab... backstab dmg being determined by mh weapon base dmg put a major constraint on 1hp design. They were all tuned with backstab as the primary driving constraint. Now that autoatk is so powerful... that constraint is much more apparent & is limiting ability to stay on pace with zerk/monks in this era of the game.