TLP PVP plz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adumbral, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Say what you want about PvP and EQ, but Sullon Zek was an absolute blast. Warts and all.

Best time I ever had in EQ.
  2. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Right,

Enjoy fighting naked Mages and SKs. There is a reason they removed the item loot mechanic back in the day. It was easily abusable.

As far as pvp server goes, people are remembering the pvp times with rose tinted glasses. Pvp in EQ sucked. It always did and it only gets worse and worse as time goes on. People are complaining about griefers on a blue server, can you imagine the tears on a red one? Verant/Sony always was clear about their pvp server in that they would not take any kind of balance decisions based on them. PvP TLP? I'll pass.
  3. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Sorry you sucked at PvP or didn't enjoy it. I, and many others, had a blast. And it's not nostalgia. I could write an essay about why it was great fun, the positive things it did for the flow of the game, etc. And yes, including the imbalances, attempts at griefing and the fact that EQ isn't a PvP game in its core design. A lot of people actually like those things because it makes the game less predictable and it's not hand-holdy PvP like pretty much every other game.

News flash: Just because something isn't your cup of tea doesn't mean it isn't someone else's.
  4. Sagnid Augur

News flash: Daybreak is here to make money. They will not make money on a pvp server. Keep dreaming, but do so in your head.
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It's a discussion. Let DBG worry about their money.

If the topic of a thread doesn't interest you, you aren't obligated to participate.
  6. Sagnid Augur

I'll pass. I enjoy crushing the dreams of worthless pvpers.
  7. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Ricky Martin just called from '99 and wants his troll back.
  8. Caster Lorekeeper

Dueling on blue is not pvp. The changes to pets you keep referring to were offset by specific code changes to resists, spells, abilities, melee damage, etc on pvp servers long ago. It would be a no brainer for Daybreak to include those same code changes on a new TLP pvp server. Pvp was very successful in EQ up until GoD and SoD. Pvp servers then suffered the same population losses that caused all the other server merges.

I get you need to troll, I get you're desperate for attention, but your lack of understanding for game mechanics, pvp specifically, is embarrassing. You're intimidated by another element to EverQuest that left you feeling inadequate and confused, it is cool, pvp isn't for everyone - make your way back to the blue TLP server threads.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I don't know what you remember from PvP. Here is what I remember from Vallon Zek. Getting locked out of entire zones or even continent, because your faction was not dominant there. Getting locked out of any relevant raids, again because your faction was not dominant there. Being unable to complete Epics, because you could not raid. Keep in that that was all while there was a strong PnP policy in place. Can you imagine now? Seriously, take a second and think about it. It would be a griefing fiesta. A game of who can grief people the hardest.

Did not matter if you "sucked at pvp". Fact of the matter what determined if you "sucked at pvp" or not was on character creation choosing the class you were going to play. Oh you picked Necromancer? You suck at PvP. Shadowknight? Wow m8 gr8 pvp skeelz!

One of those "TLP Pvp plox!" Thread pops up every month or so, it's an even worse idea than 6 months of classic. EQ2 tried it, it worked for about 15 minutes and EQ2 actually "tried" to do some pvp balancing. Like Sagnid said, DBG is here to make money and unless the tears of griefed carebears just went up tenfold on the market, there is no money to be made with a pvp server.
  10. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

It took them the better part of a year to implement the plane of war mechanic on pets for the classic raid targets and you think it would be a "No Brainer" to mess around with resist checks for PvP? That's funny.
  11. Sagnid Augur

Sorry still not getting a pvp server. Mages have crushed your hopes and dreams.
  12. Ersatz New Member

Daybreak could easily make a new PVP server when they merge LF and RF. No real cost to them to see if it is viable.

I'd certainly be there. My best time in EQ was on VZ in a shorty only guild called "Happy Little Hug Factory". We had a standing rule that you had to stop whatever you were doing to kill anyone taller than a dwarf. We were KoS to the server at large by God it was fun. I know there are folks that still remember that gnome warrior terrorizing Velks with his 74/95 hammer from Umbral Plains.

It's a low financial risk Daybreak. Make it happen!
  13. Darktide Elder

My subscription was cancelled awhile back. I will not re-subscribe until a new PVP server is created. Preferably with Sullon Zek rules, so the GM's don't have to worry about babysitting and only need worry about game glitches/bugs that screw with players.