The Broken Mirror Expansion Feature: Illusion Key Ring

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

This feature lets you choose which cosmetic illusion comes with which illusion buff when you use an illusion clicky.

It doesn't change how illusion buffs work or stack.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Thank you Roshen for the information!
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Currently, the Minature Eyepatch and the Dragorn War Mask have the illusion and the buff as a single effect (takes up one buff slot). Most of the newer illusions with a buff portion have the buff portion as a separate effect (the illusion effect in one buff slot and the buff effect in a second buff slot). Since this is not changing how illusion buffs stack or work, then these and all similar illusions will need to be changed to separate into an illusion effect and a buff effect. Because as it stands now either the cosmetic illusion would be blocked or (more likely) the stat buffs from the two listed clickies would be blocked due to stacking rules.

I think, however, that both the mount keyring and this new illusion key ring seem to suffer from the same flaw, it is only going to add one stat effect at a time. While this issue is not nearly as noticeable with mounts since the majority of the buffs added with them do not stack with each other, the issue is considerably more noticeable with the illusion keyring where there are a number of illusions with buff portions that do stack with each other, which just requires you to click off the illusion in question. IMO, it would be nice if either the illusion key chain would let you choose multiple stat buffs applying each of them but sticking with the existing stacking rules and extra buff slot usage with regard to them. Or some way in which we could manage what stacks and does not to reduce the click on click off that is currently required.
    Ishtass likes this.
  4. Phynster2 Journeyman

can u make the dragorn war mask illusion actually have its bonus as a buff then... kinda sucks having over 100 illusions but having to use just that one for the melee buff
  5. fortuneteller Augur

Except, that the height of the inventory window will increase, because the key ring button is there above Plot items/achievements.

If it had been to the right of the achievement, the height would not increase.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

On Miniature Eyepatch/Dragorn War Mask:

They are the illlusions that would benefit most from Illusion Key Ring.

However, I really fear the stacking issue if a buff is made because current Polymorph Wand buffs don't stack with Mount Blessings. In other words, unless the developer carefully and uniquely codes the Miniature Eyepatch/Dragorn War Mask buff, it might not stack with Mount Blessing. Therefore we would be at a loss.

I guess it might be best to live with the Melee illusions in their current form unless they can make sure it stacks with Mount Blessing/Polymorph Buff.
  7. Drakah UI Designer

Still would be nice to remove the Radiant/Ebon from the main tab to the alt currency where it belongs though...
  8. Randragon Augur

Drakah said:

I agree with Drakah. If it's the same Drakah from http://www.shakahr.com/, then I doubly agree because I use his UI in Game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Drakah UI Designer

Yep it's me and thank you :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Randragon like this.
  10. Ishtass Augur

Xianzu brings up a good point. Previously folks could illusion, remove the illusion while keeping the illusion's buff portion, then use another illusion to get a second buff that stacks. This will limit folks who used to do that, it seems
  11. Riou EQResource

You should be able to opt out of using the illusion key ring for those illusions and do it the old way
  12. Randragon Augur

BTW Drakah, love the new agro meter. Now we just need parachuting turtles with laser beams and we'll be all set.
  13. Sulo New Member

Will we be able to use a social key to use a particular keyring mount, or illusion? Such as the format:

/keyring mount 2

/keyring illusion 7

It would allow the luxury of using socials for quick changing out if desired.
    Grabatz likes this.
  14. Elizabeta Augur

Can you/someone please update the expansion page (https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content) to reflect this please. It conflicts with what you are saying.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. segap Augur

Trade offs. That's the way it really should be. The buffs should have some sort of connection to the actual illusion so they make sense from a lore perspective.
  16. segap Augur

Then play an enchanter, rogue or bard.
  17. Mardy Augur

I have an enchanter, rogue, and bard, so does my g/f. Both of us would like this outdated tedium removed for the rest of the classes that we also play. Not gonna get into arguing back & forth about it, people have requested it forever. Tedium does not = hard nor does it = class perk. It's one thing if this game is seamless, then I could understand the reasoning. It's quite another when this game has zones everywhere. It's unnecessary for a game this old to keep something tedious that can be removed without hurting anything other than maybe some egos or feelings.

Anyways, I leave it up to the devs if they want to see me buy 5 expansions for my accounts or if they want to continue taking this hardline stance and keep this outdated tedium alive. Chances are they'll take the hardline stance, and that's just sad for them to forgo easy money and more illusion sales. I'd stock up on more illusions on all my non-chanter/bard/rogue characters if I didn't have to re-click illusions so often.

Illusion key ring = Great awesome feature
    Illusions still dropping upon zoning = terrible old tedium that should be phased out
    Ishtass likes this.
  18. Ishtass Augur

Acknowledged, but it would be a nice-to-have for the key ring.
  19. Grabatz Lorekeeper

Can we please have another tab with the actual keys in the "Key Ring" window, as an
    alternative to the antiquated /key command and its text output?
    Display the icon of the key, its name (text) and a comment telling for which "door" it is used for in that tab.
    ;)
    DebonAir likes this.
  20. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

I'd like to see illusions persist through zoning also, but not 'permanent' duration (let that be the domain of enc/brd/rog). So basically, to have the illusion last as long as the illusion buff itself does currently.

So, if the person keeps refreshing the illusion before it wears off -- and he/she never dies, then it might approach being permanent but true permanent illusion that enc/brd/rog has would not require refreshing. The 'persist through zoning' would be a nice compromise (admittedly that would give away most of, but not all of, the farm). That still doesn't let non-enc/brd/rog characters from using enc/brd/rog only illusion items; so some uniqueness will remain.

As for the keyring separation of illusion and buff, I look forward to it. There are some illusions that I have that are banked because they have an effect that doesn't stack with a staple buff or clickie (the shiliskin illusion comes to mind as it has a DS component).