Test Update 07/11/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you for the update. It helps to know things are actively being worked on and haven't been forgotten.
    Metanis and Skuz like this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Thanks for this so much. Still gives me a headache after looking at it to long.
  3. Angahran Augur

1. so the inventory window is supposed to always be on top of other windows ? Otherwise it's not working, a.k.a broken.
    2. Where did you see them post that they had resolved other issues, there was nothing in the patch notes. Nothing about fixing the 'converter'. No info about when/if any more windows will be released.
  4. Angahran Augur

You've got the converter to actually convert something ?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

We just got a raid achievement tonight and the lag seemed just as bad as normal.

Bertox - 8:45 pm est.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, it is supposed to be on top of all other windows as long as it is part of the new UI engine and the others are part of the old UI engine, they have explained why this is the case multiple times.

They have been making various fixes to them over time so I had assumed they had been fixed.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I appreciate the feedback and completely 100% agree with this approach.
    Emilari and Metanis like this.
  8. Xellen Lorekeeper

Was it ever explained why necromancers took this hit? Was it ever explained why our new single summoned skeleton wasn't buffed up to match the combo three? Swarm pets were great to tie up a mob while waiting for CB/DC to land. The new single skeleton is worthless.

I've been out of the loop for the last 4 months this one really caught me off guard.
    Hobs likes this.
  9. strongbus Augur

why it was reduced from 3 to 1? going guess the same reason the reduced the number of swarm pets on all the aa swarms a while back. lag.

why the power of that 1 is not as good as all 3 where before unknown.
  10. kizant Augur

It's a bug. The pet should have been increased to be equal to the previous three. Pretty sure they're aware.
    Hobs likes this.
  11. strongbus Augur

though so.

on a kinda related note. they also hit the bst swarm pet. now the spell has a 88% chance of just casting 1 pet which was not changed. but had a 12% to cast 4 before patch now down to 2(at rank 3 of the highest level spell). has any had a chance to see if the 2 are as powerful as the 4. it kinda hard to test as its random when you get the extra pets.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

More windows will come when everyone stops complaining about the first ones.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Because telling them to fix the bugs in the existing windows that sat on Test for nearly 2 months and they conciously chose not to fix is somehow translating to us "complaining".
    Angahran, Hobs, Marton and 1 other person like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think I understand the method. New windows with bugs. Lots of complaints. Complaints die out over time. When volume of complaints drops off greatly introduce new windows with bugs.

Rinse and repeat.

On a more serious note, (And I do appreciate that the staff at Darkpaw is pretty small for the tasks that need to be done) I do appreciate that work is still being done to keep this game afloat and changing. I wish there were no bugs, but guess what, so do the devs I have met. So, thank you for the continuing work and can we please get the UI bugs stomped out? After the launcher, the UI is the first thing any player makes use of. It is vital that it be smooth and functional.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Obviously they need to fix the first ones before they add new ones. Why would you be asking for new windows when you clearly arent happy with the first ones???? Let them figure out what went wrong before they go adding to the problem.
    klanderso and Metanis like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I don't want new windows. Hell, I don't even want the crappy ones they DID give us in a broken state.

I want them to remove the new UI elements until they actually have a fully converted and working new UI system, including the converter, that's been thoroughly put through it's paces on the Test server for a few months. Then, and only then, bring it over to the Live servers. A new UI that literally adds nothing new shouldn't be a priority.

This bit by bit approach is for the birds.
  17. Angahran Augur

So we are meant to accept the fact that the current windows DO NOT WORK and will most likely never works so that they can ignore all the reported issues and instead give us more windows which, in all probability, will also NOT WORK ?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Hobs like this.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sorry if that was phrased unclearly.
    The intent was that people should stop asking for the rest of the windows until they fix the old ones. It doesnt make sense that people complain about the current windows not working right and then demand they finish the rest of them sooner.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  19. Hamshire Augur

Im to the point with the windows that if they just added a new windows perk for $2.99 to use the old ui and never have to deal with any of this ever again id buy it.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they cannot finish it promptly it needs removing until they can.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Evilness and Hobs like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.