Test Update 05/07/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 6, 2024.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is easier to change 1 class than 15. I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll likely to get it back next expansion or the next level increase.
  2. Ysu9 Journeyman

Thank you for updating epic bottlenecks to be less time consuming, greatly appreciated.
    Metanis likes this.
  3. Razorfall Augur

Looking at this makes me think that they are doing some lag reduction similar to what they did with swarm pets. The damage needs to be increased by a WHOLE lot more (same with caster belts), or the SPA/Damage Calculation needs to be reworked entirely.

As for the change in bard dots I expected that the damage would be normalized sometime after ToV came out, but I didn't think it would take five years. I'm curious what the overall reduction is at 125

I'll try CO later, but I think it is heavily flawed from a design standpoint. It needs to be reworked a little.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With bard changes what are spell procs like now for caster V procs from chanters and druids?
  5. Cicelee Augur

All the talk about bards and SK, and not one comment about 25th anniversary raid now giving everyone (it appears) and augment of their choice upon completing the three challenges?

That is quite awesome.
  6. Cadira Augur

anyone have numbers for RB and warriors resolve, new vs old?
  7. Repthor Augur

Warrior's Resolve Rk. III:
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Absorb Melee Damage: 80%, on Hits over 30500, Total: 483000' to 'Absorb Melee Damage: 80%, on Hits over 45000, Total: 1280000'

goes from totaly irrelevant to semi useful
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Repthor Augur

Reaver's Bargain VI:
    - Slot 4 changed from 'Absorb Melee Damage: 75%, on Hits over 32000, Total: 500000' to 'Absorb Melee Damage: 75%, on Hits over 45000, Total: 757000'
    change is lacking
    Cadira, Ozon and Ashigaru like this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

5% at max aa
  10. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Are you referring to the max 30 targets limit?
  11. Allayna Augur

Nerfs are never welcome, especially to classes that have enjoyed their benefits for years, re: SK MC reduction.

Reduction of the damage output from 2H equally to both SK and Paladin, does not affect each class equally. As SKs can still supply aggro through damage output in other ways. In what way have you looked at the reduction in dmg output for hate generation?
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

Some of the changes may not be appreciated but you have to give them credit for actually working on class balance issues! And actually they seem to be taking smaller bites at the apple so as to learn as they go.

In other words, be careful for what you wish for! You might just get it!

(Unless you're a cleric, then you know you're going to get it. Good and hard.)
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

Yes, I just read the spell changes on EQR when patches go out as not everything gets listed. A limit was added to the cyclone blade line. Doesn't say 30, but I assume thats what it is.
  14. CdeezNotes Augur

...melee damage isn't how aggro is calculated. What are you going on about? Swing aggro is a constant, simple, formula.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Paladin was not the class that needed the nerf, but /shrug can't really miss what you never had.
    rahzel44 likes this.
  16. Conq Augur

And dry.
    Metanis likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought we were talking about SKs
  18. Riou EQResource

If the change was only to the hit damage part it's going to be basically nothing like a 10-15k low number kind of dps loss, assume it's just returning to the old gains per rank instead of "inflated" ones that got set around the rank 23 or 24 or w/e first one changed
  19. Allayna Augur

Are you really gonna try and say that damage doesn't generate aggro?
  20. CdeezNotes Augur

Melee damage? Yes.

Hit or miss, 1 damage or 5000k damage. The aggro is still the same if it's coming from the same wep. Swing aggro isn't affected by damage.
    Tyranthraxus likes this.