Teek Population / Log In Concerns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xavier, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Xavier New Member

Teek appears poised to be the most populated TLP to date. Log in issues seem like they could be a serious problem. Would love to see DPG address these concerns. Maybe consider launching Teek much earlier in the day, to help spread out the population more?
  2. MileyVyrus Augur

Since Darkpaw has taken over it's been a night and day difference compared to the olden days of tlp. The last couple years it's been a very noticeable difference how easily it is to get to character creation from the queue. The tweaks and upgrades they've done behind the scenes have really worked to ease the load.

That said, if its some wild 90/10 split headed to Teek over Tormax, it will certainly test the new limits. Hard to envision the servers handling the launchAradune (with its tribute to Brad and everyone being home and bored during COVID) and being defeated by Teek.

We'll see.
  3. IheartEQ Elder

I never had any real login issues for Oakwynd, Yelinak, or Mischief/Thornblade. I logged in, joined the queue, read a book for thirty minutes, and then in the corner of my eye saw the character select screen. We also won't be competing with as many players logging in and out to claim their names this time around either. I'm expecting a twenty minute wait this time.
    Demetri likes this.
  4. Fuzzbutt Elder

They intentionally decided to herd the population to 1 tlp server with the way they made the rulesets, that's on Daybreak.
    Between the cache dupe that screwed up the economy that they chose to ignore and not implementing Legacy exp it almost seems like they tried to drive people off of Oakwynd
  5. TheDohn Augur

I promise, it's not going to be more mobbed than Aradune was.
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Server is going to physically melt.

The last time a server this popular launched was Aradune and it broke everything.

Mischief at launch was not that popular, people rolled their eyes at the concept of random loot. So it isn't really comparable.

We will see, but with over 10k players expected it doesn't bode well. I don't know what server capacity is but it's like a fraction of that number.
  7. Intercept Augur

Why would you think more people will be on Teek than there were in aradune and mischief launches?

The queue for Teek and Tormax will be a week long and Fri sat evenings for another week or two
  8. Sheila Elder

There will be no queue for Tormax. But for perspective here, Aradune's queue lasted for over a month, into June with > 3 hour queues. It's been said on this forum several times.
  9. TheDohn Augur

And Aradune was while everyone was locked inside and desperate for escapist entertainment.

They could launch a server with 999 mouth hug /claim tickets and it wouldn't have the queue that Aradune had.
  10. MMOer Augur

It goes like this... the lucky first 250 people in win. Then they let in 250 more at a time VERY slowly. Like every 30 mins slow.

Get ready to sit in queue and post with me on the forums and discord for hours. Just accept it and try to enjoy it.

The choice is... blast name reservations or play.

making names, you can discon when you log out very easy sending you back in queue.

Playing you tend to be stable and will be able to get HOURS head start on everyone.

Try not to zone much tho... but generally zoning isnt too bad if you do it between the add chunks of players.

This knowledge comes from playing every TLP each since since the first one they didnt call TLP in 2006.
  11. auto21 Augur

This has already been discussed in several threads.

Teek is the perfect storm. If DBG aren't going to have an overflow server, the least they could have done was have a viable 2nd server, but nope.

As it stands, the queues will be there for weeks, which is a real shame cos this is the best time to be logged in.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  12. Soriano Augur

Aradune queues due to COVID will likely never be reached again...but 1-3 hour queues for over a week will be a problem and cost some players...

5 hour queues well past 5 weeks does not happen if not for a global pandemic.

Teek will be very popular and Tormax is only going to really attract the purist. So it will be lopsided.

Teek will need a overflow server or Daybreak will lose some customers through it. How many will depend on just how bad the queues are.

Tormax might gain a few players due to frustration of players that would prefer Free Trade & Random Loot, but can not login and give up.
  13. Intercept Augur

There very well could be a queue for both servers, we don't know yet.
  14. Intercept Augur

I think your right about Tormax, what I think people get wrong on these forums is how many purists there are, personally I think there are far more than people here seem to believe
  15. Intercept Augur

They have never done 3 servers to my knowledge and not having at least 1 option for those who wish to play the traditional experience could be a very bad choice.

Many people will not play free trade
    More won't play random / bonus loot
    Both groups of players will not play on Teek

While at the same time most if not all of those players who tried Mischief at one time or another also played on traditional EQ servers and would likely do so again if there was no other option.
  16. Intercept Augur

Yeah day 1 is always rough, but then after a week it will be fine other than Fri/Sat nights.
  17. Celatusp99 Augur

I don't agree that teek is the perfect storm but queues will be bad.
  18. Sheila Elder

You keep yelling at that wall friend.
  19. Overmedium New Member

It's simple. Don't let people that don't have the played time to reserve a name even play for the first week. They likely won't make it to max level anyway.
  20. Ilshade Augur

its kunark start so one more huge noob zone added to take some of the log in - so will be better than TLP's in the past