Teek - Leveling Paths

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 25thAnniBaby, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Numiko Augur

You can always tell people who have not played EQ for a few years. :rolleyes:

And really ZEM is just one part of the equation, it's the EXP per hour that really want to look at.

Its better exp to camp lower ZEM zone with mobs on a 2 or 3 minute timer vs a High ZEM Zone with mob on a 20 - 30 minute timer.
    Bard2019, OldTimeEQ1 and Kraked like this.
  2. Rooksmirk Journeyman

Interesting combo. Have you done it before ? con's and pros ? Both will be human i suppose. Won't your necro be kos in freeport ?
  3. fransisco Augur

even if they changed it, thats still differnet from a negative exp mod like was originally said
  4. Fluid Augur

Force of habit. People will still use Unrest just because they have been going there for a couple of decades now. Likewise they will still use Rathe Mountains for farming Hill Giants.

Personally I will still use my SOP of the Halfling Druid because of proximity to Karanas and Spider Silk farming. Since Breeze is in play, I may use an Enchanter but it isn't a lock. Typically I just buy those ~$.90 potions for speed and mana. There's always been a problem with Dark Elves in the Karanas so I may switch to anything else to make it easier. Innate Sneak and Hide is tough to beat in my game style.

I've always used different leveling zones then the normies. It's this simple: Would I rather level up in Unrest or Karanas and end up with 200 pp in silks?

There's a couple of other 'mostly just me' spots I use. It doesn't matter to much about the experience modifier as the suitability for the game I play. My third character is almost invariably a Magician so no Root! I either have to fight MOBs that don't flee or don't have friends.

I'll take a zero experience modifier over anything else if there are easy single pulls. Spawn rate just has to be fast enough to match my killing rate. If I can kill 30 MOBs an hour, a place that spawns 15 MOBs/hour does not interest me no matter how big the experience modifier is. Same thing for an area that spawns 60 MOBs/hour, isn't needed.

I'm still going by Tuco's post not sure how much has changed or will change
    • Kunark start
    • Server releases with level 25 cap, cap is increased by 5 levels every week until level 60
    • Recommended / required levels are dropped by 10 levels.
    • Mischief loot rules
    • Global spawn rate is doubled
    • Non-instanced raid mob spawn rate is quadrupled
    • Agent of Change raid instance lock times are doubled
    • Starting with Luclin, AA and level increases will be delayed for 3 weeks after a new expansion is released
    One of my favorite places to hunt is Burning Woods. They have an area to the East of the Giant Fortress and West of the Undead Ruins that is perfect for Kiting.

I've actually heard people trash anyone who uses The Gulf-Harbor zones as less then wise. This seems to have changed over the years.

Anyway, the reminder of the new zones with Kunark. I'm certainly reconsidering my old scheme for other zones like The Overthere for 30ish leveling.
    Burning Woods
    Chardok
    City of Mist
    Crypt of Dalnir
    Dreadlands
    East Cabilis
    Emerald Jungle
    Field of Bone
    Firiona Vie
    Frontier Mountains
    Howling Stones (Charasis)
    Kaesora
    Karnor's Castle
    Kurn's Tower
    Lake of Ill Omen
    Mines of Nurga 1.0
    Old Sebilis
    Skyfire Mountains
    Swamp of No Hope
    Temple of Droga 1.0
    The Overthere
    Timorous Deep
    Trakanon's Teeth
    Veeshan's Peak 1.0
    Warsliks Wood
    West Cabilis
  5. Tachyon Augur

a few times, wizzy is the buyer, basically dps combo, plus ports... eventually necro rez
  6. Kahna Augur

We get exp counts down to 3 decimals. Not hard to test this.
  7. Doze Augur

Err, who is Tuco and what list are you talking about? (did you perhaps make this post under the wrong thread? Because I can find no post in this thread by anyone named Tuco).
    It is highly unlikely than anything will change from the announced ruleset on either Teek or Tormax.

None of this will be a thing on either Teek nor Tormax.
  8. IheartEQ Elder

1-10 Noob Zone
    10-30 Unrest
    30-40 Lower Guk
    40-60 Kunark

No Sol B
    No OOT
    No Hole
    No High Keep

1-40 = quick leveling/no fun
    40-60 = normal leveling/fun
  9. Fluid Augur

The text was quoted in my post. Just giving source ref/credit.
  10. TheDohn Augur

No. Warrens unlocks with SoV.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fixed.
  12. Vlahkmaak Augur

I do like BB but running my troll war/sha there is a long, long, run early in the game.
  13. Vlahkmaak Augur

I like field killing in OT and the vendor trash/pelts are a literal goldmine from cacti, sabretooths, cockatrices and Sarnaks.
  14. SoandsoForumUser Augur

How long has it been since you've actually hunted in CoM? In Mischief/Mangler it was measurably worse per kill in CoM compared to any other zone I tried. It was fun for nostalgia and some epic drops I needed but I left quickly when I was just going for exp.
    WeCameWeConquered and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  15. TheDohn Augur

Use a persona.
  16. Vlahkmaak Augur

I'm considering doing that in reverse for this TLE: I like Bertox Cleric so might persona him into a troll to get him to the war/sha. I have not played with the persona system though so only have a rudimentary understanding of it.
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

CoM exp was amazing until they hosed it. Now you go there just for nostalgia or some specific stuff. Sad, really.
  18. TheDohn Augur

It functionally doesn't matter which char is the first created and which is the persona.
  19. Kahna Augur

Friendly PSA for those folks new to personas and thinking of using them to get around. Personas can not be deleted. Make sure if you make one it's something you would actually maybe play some day. Though you could always just use it to get around and never actually use it as a character. If that is what floats your boat.
  20. Bard2019 Elder

If you go to Chardok basement with a good group, your 50-60 will be almost as fast as your 40-50.