TDS first raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Hatsee Augur

Doing just the first raid you will get almost nothing at all, doing the one off as well gets you slightly more.

Spells... I'd suggest that something like 6-8 drop on the first event just to be more fair. Some people think this is too much but let's remember that the devs choose to give us so small of upgrades that some of us wont use new spells till we get the new Rk3 version... If Rk2's were clearly better in all instances it may be fine to wait a bit but that's just not how it is.
  2. Maeryn Augur

Doing 20% of the standard raids in the entire expansion you get almost nothing at all.

Doing 29% of all the raids in the entire expansion you get slightly more.

Those are subjective things and all that really matters is that future content releases are balanced against the rate of TDS item acquisition.

The objective thing is knowing what Templates drop beyond one comment from a guy who also made one comment stating 2 raid tiers would be good to know. Knowing that it seems once again Ears match the drop rate of other non-vis slots since all the cool kids only wear one earring anyways is good to know.

But most importantly for me is at some point I'm going to decide who gets the loot from a Defense of the City win and being conscientious I'll make every reasonable effort to be as informed as possible when I make those decisions. If I don't learn much because few guilds have public DKP and there is a lack of willingness among the 400 or so people who could c/p something and contribute to the discussion so be it, I can only try my best.
  3. Hatsee Augur

Zzzzz, there are not enough kills to say anything other than if you do event 1 and the one off things look about normal.

But I would expect a lot of guilds to progress slowly in this content so adding more spells to the first chest is reasonable.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

2 Gloves, melee 1hs, cripple belt, bard ear, priest 2hb, 102 spell, 2x 103 spells.
  5. Maeryn Augur

There are 11 wins, if 16 ears dropped from those 11 wins and a template drops 10% of the time there is an 81.5% chance it would have already dropped. It's even more instructive if multiple drops don't appear, if all 16 drops are 1 of 7 templates there is a 99.7% chance that at least 8 templates would have dropped after "only" 16 observed events if there were 10 templates each with a 10% chance to drop.

But moreso the sooner you start gathering drop information the sooner you will have the contents of the chest reported 20, 30 or 50 times or whatever level would satisfy someone that the drop table and not randomness is the primary reason for the Earrings that have dropped.

So if you're RoI things look about normal, grats. Now about those 50 or so other raiding guilds...
  6. Hatsee Augur

So keep complaining, more loot is fine by me. Why are we even arguing?
  7. Zantor Augur

For how so far the spells and armor pieces are dropping in raids, will take a super long time to gear up a raid force. At this raid will be many people by this time next year still trying to get this gear. At this day and age in this game, gear rate that most people got is in RoF and CoTF is good IMO, not if you are lucky 1 item every 2 months.
  8. Maeryn Augur

What complaint? I want to know what drops and this thread is the best way everyone can find out what dropped. I could send in-game tells and probably find out what dropped but that's a bunch of time so one person would have the information.

Inverse public DKP has 2 wins, RoI did one FP update with loot and Bigstomp posted the RoV loot. 7 other wins not reported. Since the first TDS raid is required for flagging I assume guilds would do the raid even if dropped a Cloth Cap, it's just useful information for spending DKP/Merit/currency and other loot related decisions.

As a sidebar it's really easy to do some math and make best guesses about what the spell situation will look like this summer and discuss the radical change from 52 spells per week or raid cycle limited only by your ability to beat the content at the launch of RoF (4 spells on Vulak, none on other ToV dragons if I remember correctly) to the best guess of being somewhere around half that if you beat all 7 raids in the TDS expansion.

Maybe this will result in change or at least Dev comment so again players can make informed choices about how much to bid and/or how to distribute TDS Rk.3 Spell Runes. There is no such thing as how many spells "should" drop, but if people know that beating every raid every week means 1200 Rk.3 spells in a year that would be really useful information to know.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

It seems we're also accepting of this. I paid good money for all my accounts and I don't get the full value because what they've sold us is subpar and we just /shrug.

I wish the customers in my business were so cavalier about my products. I'd be able to retire before I'm 45.
  10. Corlen-Xeg Elder

This is what ROI has gotten. The amount of loot coming in wont really be clear to anyone until all 7 raids are on farm though.

TDS Event 1 - Darkwater Gloves - Hands
    TDS Event 1 - Elder Source of Creation - Aug
    TDS Event 1 - Picus Inaurem - Ear
    TDS Event 1 - Arcus Eminus - Bow
    TDS Event 1 - Elder Source of Creation - Aug
    TDS Event 1 - Aragus Tactics - Charm
    TDS Event 1 - Vitai Solacium - Ear
    TDS Event 1 - Transfigerea - 1HP
    TDS Event 1 - Sledge of the Indagatorum - 2HB
    TDS One Off 1 - Darkwater Bracer - Wrist
    TDS One Off 1 - Darkwater Gloves - Hands
    TDS One Off 1 - Elder Source of Creation - Aug
    TDS One Off 1 - Umeria Vis - Shoulders
    TDS One Off 1 - Bestia Responsa - Range
    TDS One Off 1 - Frendia - 1HB
    TDS One Off 1 - Faculta Primia - 2HB
    TDS One Off 1 - Tita's Incapacitating Cincture - Waist
    TDS One Off 1 - Darkwater Bracer - Wrist
    TDS One Off 1 - Elder Source of Creation - Aug
    TDS One Off 1 - Lumba Calybsa - Waist
    TDS One Off 1 - Faculta Primia - 2HB
    TDS One Off 1 - Usasium - Waist
  11. Maeryn Augur

Defense of the City - loot reported from 5 wins (2 RoI, 2 Inverse, 1 RoV)

Per win: 1.8 Gloves, 0.6 Cultural augs, 1.6 weapons, 1.2 Earrings, 0.4 Charms, 0.2 Rare Belts, 3 Spells

Captain Tita's Ghost - loot reported from 2 wins (2 RoI)

Per win: 1 Wrist, 0.5 Gloves, 1 Cultural aug, 1.5 weapons, 0.5 Belts, 0.5 Shoulders, 0.5 Range, 1 Rare Belt, 5 spells

Confirmed Template Drops: Tank, Bard, Bst, Clr/Dru, Shm/Nec
  12. A-Quad Augur

FWO, from last night's win: darkwater gloves x2, caster poker, priest 2hb, pet focus ear, 101 spell, 102 spell
  13. Maeryn Augur

Defense of the City - loot reported from 6 wins (2 RoI, 2 Inverse, 1 RoV, 1 FWO)

Per win: 1.8 Gloves, 0.5 Cultural augs, 1.7 weapons, 1.2 Earrings, 0.3 Charms, 0.2 Rare Belts, 2.7 Spells

Per win: 1 Wrist, 0.5 Gloves, 1 Cultural aug, 1.5 weapons, 0.5 Belts, 0.5 Shoulders, 0.5 Range, 1 Rare Belt, 5 spells

Confirmed Template Drops: Tank, Bard, Bst, Clr/Dru, Shm/Nec
  14. Maeryn Augur

Defense of the City - loot reported from 7 wins (2 RoI, 2 Inverse, 1 RoV, 1 FWO, 1 D`P)

Per win: 1.9 Gloves, 0.6 Cultural augs, 1.7 weapons, 1.1 Earrings, 0.3 Charms, 0.1 Rare Belts, 2.5 Spells

Confirmed Template Drops: Tank, Bard, Bst, Clr/Dru, Shm/Nec, Wiz/Mage
  15. Random_Enchanter Augur

man that cultural aug drop rate makes me really want the cultural aug to bring the cultural gear up to part with the T1 raid stuff as opposed to the cultural being ~8% stats below T1
  16. Imrahil Augur

FYI:
    RF: 1 gloves, 1 aug, 1 bst/mag/nec ear, 1 rog 1hp, 1 war/rng/etc 1HS.
    Spells: 1 Minor, 2 Lesser, 1 Median
  17. Bahdah Augur

sooooo those guilds that got that fake kill and the loot aren't getting taken away, rerolled?
  18. Silv Augur

BUT BUT BUT more loot would be easymode :rolleyes:

Fu got 2 spells (minor, lesser), gloves (x2), Caster weapon, Priest weapon, Pet ear.

Edit: Fail. Someone beat me to the loot drops for our guild :p
  19. Sancus Augur

Yessssss... EM 23 Here I come :D
  20. Silv Augur

Item is "Os Avus". Guildy reported that the pet was lame relative to EM21 so not sure if it's broken or just perception. Let me know! :p
    Sancus likes this.