Successful Oakwynd Launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PandAura, May 25, 2023.

1. PandAura New Member

Just bumping again because I, and a ton of other people, are still really enjoying Oakwynd a week later and the server is far from dead. Since it wasn't DOA and not dead in a week, I'm sure you'll move the goal post to dead in a month. Anyway, I never said it will last long term, most TLPs don't. Keep hatin though.
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. Klokk Journeyman

Like...how do you say its fine for its 1st week then question its long term...plenty tlps merge with live if thats not the ultimate measure of success...what chu talmn bout phillis?

To your point anyone saying DOA is super worong the start over appeal is strong. Test of a server is really in kunark, end of velious, pop, 70 era. After that folks pretty buch there to stay.
  3. PandAura New Member

I'm replying to all the people who said it was a DOA server, then they said it will be dead in a week, its not. That's what I'm talking about. At the same time, I recognize I can't see the future and don't know, nor am I making any claims, that it will survive long term. These two things are not mutually exclusive, get a grip.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

It's not uncommon knowledge to know that attrition increases after Planes of Power. The problem here has always been the need to catch up which is a combination of leveling, gearing, expansion progression, and alternate advancement. Hence the evolving ruleset of the server to help mitigate burn out from the catch up phase.

That said, I find Mischief and it's ruleset boring and being able to sell players raid gear alone isn't enough to keep people motivated to play. I'd rather they implement catch up mechanics as I have no interest in buying something that should be earned.
  5. Doze Augur

The "Firiona Vie" server would like a word with you ...
    WeCameWeConquered and Muramx like this.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Define two groups. My static group reached max a few days ago, and we've moved on to alts until we start raiding. If you mean guilds, that might be another story.
  7. PandAura New Member

11 days since launch and we are still enjoying the server. D4 did not kill it, hasn't even dropped from high pop. Keep hatin guys it fuels me.
  8. Critt Augur

Just wanted to point out D4 hasn’t really released until tomorrow….. just saying
  9. Triconx Augur

Millions have already been playing it. What a ridiculous semantic to argue about
  10. Jason28311 New Member

I had no idea you couldn’t box on this server with the same computer, I was very disappointed when I tried to log in with my second toon and it said I wasn’t able to. Any plans on releasing the restriction for a single computer? Really only affecting the individual casual player with that because the serious people will simply get another computer to still box seems to kinda hate on the broke guy and is pretty aggravating.
  11. Critt Augur

If you think more people paid the the extra for early access, than will be starting tomorrow, you’re unrealistic.
    WeCameWeConquered likes this.
  12. Triconx Augur

That wasn't your statement. The game absolutely launched for those who simply paid more. The game is live and playable. Saying the game launches on the 6th is nothing but a marketing scheme that you clearly fell for.
  13. Critt Augur

Call it whatever you want, it’s a fact that more people will opt to pay less and start a few days later…
  14. Ruhi Augur

not in the circle of people i know - the ones that decided to play it, 11 out of 13 paid the $30 extra to start last week.
  15. Triconx Augur

And the game still launched whether or not you want to claim June 6th as the launch date or not. It's in production available to the public. That's called launched
  16. Captain Video Augur

They didn't pay the $20 extra for early access, they paid it for the battle pass. Early access was a throw-in. Yes there will be an additional player spike tomorrow, but the existing player base is already quite substantial. Certainly over a million, could be a few million, Blizzard doesn't like giving out early numbers like that. EQ, by contrast, never in its history got to a million.
  17. Captain Video Augur

There are only about 3700 forum threads on this subject over the last several years. Your specific question was answered in the server launch announcement. Truebox rule is in effect until OoW unlocks, then you can box up to three (3) on one PC. Yelinak will get the relaxed truebox rule (up to three clients on one PC) when OoW unlocks there on the 22nd of this month, 2.5 weeks away, just in case you wanted to consider another server.
  18. Muramx Augur

Lmao. yes it has... in fact about 6 hours ago it had a dip in population. This Sunday at 3pm EST the server had 2... 2 EC picks. the largest pick had 153 players in it the other one had 12. The /auction channel had 196 players in it.

5 days prior there was a 2nd auction channel and several EC picks. There has been a pretty decent size die off no matter how much you want to be a boot licker. The initial explosion of players is over. It's like one of those overhyped movies that has a great opening weekend, until word of mouth spreads and people stop watching it because it was bad, then it crashes and burns.
    wade_watts likes this.
  19. Triconx Augur

Except it's now heading into the 3rd weekend and the population maintains at high? Maybe people are sick of how awful classic is and 3 weeks is more that enough to spend that the worst era of the game?
  20. wade_watts Augur

Exactly. There are some forum warriors really invested in denying it, but it's been three times now in the 10 or so days since launch that the server has dipped briefly into medium population per DPG's classification. The server still has people but I've played most TLP's for the past 8 years and I don't remember that being the case for any of them - possibly vaniki? Seems to me to be a clear sign but to each his own I guess.
    Muramx likes this.