Split Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balithar, Jun 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balithar New Member

So many of us want to move onto Kunark and many of us want to stay classic for 6 months if not longer. How about DBG Splits the servers and offers free transfer for people that want classic vs people who want Kunark? For example Lockjaw remains classic, Ragefire gets Kunark. If you want classic you go to Lockjaw if you want Kunark you go to Ragefire? Discuss...
  2. Souleach Journeyman

How about we just keep it as is and play and enjoy the game.
  3. Osgz Lorekeeper

4. Katmandu26 Augur

I suggested the same thing yesterday and my post was locked.
  5. Gregolo Augur

Or, you can see what the majority of the server wants, and go with it.

AKA a vote.
  6. Indigo Augur

They lock these threads as that is what they should have done to begin with, and they know it. They keep sticking their heads in the sand thinking this will go away.
  7. Balithar New Member

I don't get why there will be a vote (if there will be one) as the vote for what the server should be has already passed before it even launched. Why not just stick with what was already decided on.
  8. Nolrog Augur

They said at the time that if enough people were asking for a faster unlock schedule, they would put it to a vote, so this is exactly what they said they would do.
  9. Balithar New Member

From what i see this is what they said they would do
  10. Gregolo Augur

Because this vote will better reflect what the TLP server itself wants.

The prior vote took input from all sorts of people that either don't have any interest in the TLP, all the way up to preferring that the TLP failed (troll voting).

That's why. Also because 6 months of classic is horrible and can't sustain the power/population of the people playing.
  11. Balithar New Member

Then why play on a server that had this rule set implemented in the first place?
  12. Gregolo Augur

Because we're okay with 6 months of classic. That doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Lose the idea that this vote is happening because we're bored at 50.

This vote is happening because the game is absolutely broken at 40+. And will continue to get exponentially more broken as more people get 40+

But you'd know this, if you were appropriately leveled.
  13. Darth Augur

Sure, keep Lockjaw classic, let Ragefire go Kunark. But, no thanks for free transfers. You have 5 more months to level back up.
  14. Katmandu26 Augur

I'd be perfectly ok with that, and would start over. I'd love an official, set in stone, long term progression server with the timeline that was originally promised.

It kills me that they locked my thread on the same topic yesterday, it was civil and addressed a specific issue.
  15. Cirre Journeyman

Because no matter which vote wins there will be a large amount of players that are unhappy about the progression rules on their server.
  16. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

I'd be more then happy to start over, this is the most common sense approach that I've seen.
    Why have two servers the same when there are (at least) two very vocal different voices. To those that say that would bury any chance of a merge later, well honestly I've never expected a merge. Afterall, Vulak is still not merged with Fippy.
    Niombi of Ragefire
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  17. Rauven Augur

Those of you opposed to split servers and wish for a vote, I have ask to this:

Would you support a weekly vote that would ensure the majority gets what they want, when they want? Such as when Kunark is unlocked, one week later, Velious is voted on, and then every week till it passes.

If not, why is that?
  18. Gregolo Augur

I think a large percentage of people are going to vote to unlock new content regardless of the proximity to when content was unlocked prior. So unless there's an actual fix needing to take place to fix something that's fundamentally broken (like now). There should be a level of constraint as to not accidentally 'whoops' a whole expansion of good content away.

You can vote forward but you can't vote backward. I'm sure there's some woodworking analogy here.
  19. Nolrog Augur

This was in the poll results thread (link below):

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ire-poll-results-and-beta-information.220107/
  20. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Agreed, I am not arguing about the vote for Kunark. I believe that if the majority of the server wants that it should be done. I am asking what would be the harm in opening it on only one server. This way both groups could get something of what they want. Is there something that either side gains (or loses for that matter) if both servers aren't they way they want for 1? I'd prefer to keep the feedback on this thread about the pros and cons of having the two servers the same or on different timelines.
    Niombi of Ragefire
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.