Spell Damage Cap?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Maxxbuff, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Maxxbuff Journeyman

I have to agree, going for mana is probably the way I will go. Not that I need to be primary dps anyway. But for dps casters, I would think the mana is more important, and if SD just so happen to be on the same aug, then, so be it.
  2. Biltene Kingslayer

Maxx, I believe I already told you that. :p
  3. Random_Enchanter Augur

As an enchanter, Do you really have need for a higher base mana pool? Our self mana regen is off the charts if you do things correctly.
    Sancus and RPoo like this.
  4. Axxius Augur

As an enchanter, you would probably benefit much more from AC augs.
    Ferry-Tunare and RPoo like this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

I tend to agree ac/agi but as we all know, there are various different builds out there and most of it is personal preference.
    RPoo likes this.
  6. segap Augur

From his questions, he appears to think he is a wizard and is playing a dps class rather than an enchanter. Then again, all classes except tanks and healers seem to be moving towards dps rather than useful support and/or utility.
  7. Apoc Augur

Everyone can customize how they see fit basically SD is basically a super small gain just like most other Heroic stats you can Aug for. I like ac and hps mana augs.
  8. Maxxbuff Journeyman

From my questions I am a player that wants to maximize all aspects of play. If called upon to dps, I'll dps, if called upon to rune the tank, I'll rune the tank, if asked to tank a spark worker for 20 sec, I'll tank it, if asked to mez 15 mobs, I'll mez them, and so on. I try to make my character as useful as possible for our guild.
    RPoo likes this.
  9. svann Augur

I tried this on my wizard (removed arms and cast skyblaze) and it was not unvarying. Am I missing something? Both crits and normals still varied, though not as much.

edit: After about 150 casts with and without gear (left on boots and legs), it seemed to be about 7.5% damage difference for a change of 701 SD so 93SD for 1% damage, assuming it is linear (iow no cap).
  10. Brohg Augur

Your wizard has Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar up.
  11. Sancus Augur

Did you have the effect from Kerafyrm's Prismatic Familiar (sp?) on? Another (somewhat less likely) possibility is the mob/dummy you were testing this on had Skin to Seedlings or some other similar debuff on.
  12. svann Augur

Yup. probly kerafyrms. ty will test again.

edit: seems like it takes 62SD to get +1% damage. better
  13. svann Augur

Retested SD just cause I like to test stuff and came up with something else. Pardon if this is already known. I took all gear off then added it back in 1 piece at a time and graphed sd v dmg in a spreadsheet. It has 3 sections of low slope but with 2 breaks in between where there is BIG jump in damage at about 450 and 700 SD. No cap. So yea, you dont get much for SD - until you hit the break and then you get alot.

SD damage
    65 37314
    109 37373
    153 37431
    205 37499
    268 37583
    321 37653
    373 37721
    426 37791
    478 39576
    513 39622
    558 39682
    604 39743
    649 39802
    685 39850
    730 42290
    767 42339
    808 42393
    860 42462
    906 42523
    951 42582
  14. Brudal Augur

I have to wonder if those "breaks to get alot" were when you put back on your focus effect pieces.
    Axxius likes this.
  15. svann Augur

I cant say that it wasnt cold and magic focus but I never put on my fire focus and I was using only skyblaze so the other focuses should not have had an effect.
  16. Brudal Augur

type 3 skyblaze aug?
    Sancus likes this.
  17. svann Augur

Ok good catch. And the other break in the chart was my chest focus.
    Sorry for any misinformation. Slope is solid all the way up. 1.32 damage per SD.
    Brudal likes this.
  18. Brudal Augur

Thanks for the clarification.
  19. Brohg Augur

1.32 for a nuke with that cast+recast
  20. Apoc Augur

With the passive 100% changes sd saw a slight jump. I think It adds up a bit more with the stacking changes but not really worth messing with. I would say Until Augs are 20-30 spell damage a piece they won't be relevant.