So @Everquest is proud we have to wait...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, May 25, 2015.

1. Thrawnseg Augur

Tronk likes this.
  2. Crabcakes Journeyman

That seems like a twisted reading. I see it as "they're happy the server can hold so many people and remain stable" - not that they are necessarily happy with the queue/wait times/lack of instancing.
    Horth, Indrigoth and Lord Binky like this.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

These forums have been pleading with them to do something about content sufficiency for months. The very fact that they cheer sardine canning the server load and don't acknowledge content is telling.
    Bandok likes this.
  4. Templeton Augur

And yet that last part isn't what they choose to highlight.

I don't think the OP's reading is 'twisted' at all. Seems a valid observation to me.
    Tronk likes this.
  5. Tronk Augur

The queues seem to be getting worse too. I expected things would settle down by now (end of the long weekend), but there is no sign of that at all.
  6. Jessamyn Birdsong Journeyman

That's my thinking too, Tronk. It was at least a tad bit easier to get in earlier in the weekend. Tonight I have been in queue for a ridiculous amount of time.

I have tried to not join the complainers... I have been with this game and others to know this stuff nevers goes smoothly, but this is really something they should have foreseen. Like so, so many from the original EQ days, I now have waaaayyy less time to play at all. You know, life and all. And I can't always know when that window to play might happen. I had a window tonight. Now it will be time to get to bed soon so I can get up and go to work and make more money to do the stuff I like to do. Question is, will Daybreak be getting that some of that money next month, or do I give up?
    MacHammer likes this.
  7. Horth New Member

Honestly that is fairly impressive in my eyes. I wonder what the actual numbers are? I remember launch EQ, when a server would hit around ~1400 players things would get rocky.
  8. Uxtalzon Augur

This reminds me of a ride at a theme park many years ago. The start of the line (it said approx. 45 minutes at that point) was way exceeded - at least twice as long.

So while I was there in that line, I saw them take down the starting line sign, and added lengths of felt ropes and posts that stretched the "line" much farther back.

It didn't help make the wait go by any faster. All it did was make new people who got in line feel like it won't be such a long wait.
  9. Alexandre New Member

Daybreak, how about you guys actually do something for your customers....this is the worst handling ive ever seen of a over populated server.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.