Skal's Waking Nightmare

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cordilya, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Cordilya Elder

Am I the only one having trouble with this quest?

I have a level 22 Ranger, but level shouldn't matter because she spawns even con, right?

The first time she spawned (fortunately she doesn't aggro, but I attacked her), she whacked me about three times for 900+ points and I was dead.

The second time, I had my merc with me while I stood back to fire arrows and spells. I rooted her, but she kept stunning me so I couldn't do anything. The stuns lasted a very long time. I finally had to just run away.

Last night, she hit me immediately with a spell that delivered *5,179* points of damage, and of course I died instantly.

I looked for online forums on this, and it seems like most people haven't had so much trouble with her. But who could stand up to 5,179 points of damage??

Any tricks I should know about in order to beat her? Maybe direct melee would work better? Maybe I need some kind of silence spell?

I could dump the quest, but now I'm kind of intrigued. :)

Thanks for any suggestions!
  2. Axxius Augur

3. Cordilya Elder

4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

5. Axxius Augur

'Veterans' = those who've played the game for quite a while, not necessarily lv 100. Most of the people here are lv 100, some lower, but I don't recall seeing anybody lower than 70 here recently.
  6. Cordilya Elder

Oh, oops, allakhazam.com says it's a level 85 quest. Maybe that's why I'm having so much trouble! :p

Thanks much!
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Cordilya Elder

Okay, thanks. Played the game many years ago so kind of think of myself as a veteran, but I never made it to level 70 yet!
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

each zone is differnet level mob.
  9. Lighteningrod Augur

Each zone's spawn is an even con to the highest member of the group spawning it.
  10. Leerah Augur

I didn't know that! And I'm a veteran! :)
  11. Minoc Journeyman

Not true. Just the other day, I spawned the Crescent Reach one at level 12. It was red to me, but my tank and I had done some reds and yellows so I decided to try and take it on without knowing what it was for. It one shot'd me in full crude defiant gear for 1098 damage.
  12. Lighteningrod Augur

I don't dispute that. It's a severe undercon.
  13. CrazyLarth Augur

well i am thinking its the same level as the mob that it spawns from. but you might be more correct if you tested it.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Minoc Journeyman

This got me to look at my logs a little more carefully. Lighteningrod may in fact be correct. My spawning it was a little wierd after all. I was fighting a yellow Mucktail gnoll when a high level newbie buffer offered to join the group to buff me. They joined the group after the fight had started and disbanded while I was still fighting it. When then Skal appeared, I don't actually know. If the Skal appears at something like 50% health of the mob your fighting, then there is the possibility that it spawned at the level of the buffer.
  15. Leerah Augur

Must have more data!
  16. Treesong Elder

I was killing some lowbie mobs in Crescent Reach with my 82 level BL when the Skal spawned (from a level 5 mob or so). It was an even con(level 82) who started to whup my Troll behind with a vengeance.
  17. Nergal Uniscorn Journeyman

I made a post about this a long time ago. The mobs for this ramp up at a very fast pace compared to the level of the mob. Got one to pop in The Steppes with a 60ish level group. I had my 95 shaman outside the group. Turns out the mob was hitting like a Dream Feerrott trash mob. Level 65ish mob hitting for 3k is kind of messed up.
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Cherokeegrl New Member

My question is why does this mob spawn in Newbie Zones and summarily wipe out all of the lvl 5 - 8 group. Why isn't she made to only pop in level appropriate zones?? It's exceedingly annoying to get wiped out every time she appears!!
  19. Scorrpio Augur

Quest likely bugged. Dump it. Reward is lvl 85 required anyway.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you read the quest on Alla it involves going to many zones that are low level even though the quest has level 85-100 as criteria. It is not bugged but meant to be this way. If you have the quest below those levels then you need to drop it or you will be killed many many times until you reach higher level.
    BTW:D :
    [IMG]
    Tatanka likes this.