SK+ Shaman+ ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Demendred, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Demendred Lorekeeper

Currently I am running Sk shaman Mage, It is alright, I like the backup tank for when the sk dies. I like the backup healing of the shaman also. Would it be better to go with a druid if I stick with the mage?

A lot of people suggest sk shaman bard. Maybe I am playing the bard wrong, I just don't see the dps. Anyone give me some pointers on the bard?

I use old fashion alt tab, it is why I have not tried Zerk. Would a ranger just be as much button pushing as a zerk?

In the end is the Mage the best 3rd for DPS?

Thanks, I know there have been a lot of threads on this.
  2. BlackButler New Member

They are all going require button mashing. If you’re not healing with Shaman yo can setup macros for slow dots and adps. So you will spend time on SK and DPS. A mage works fine, + you’ll get CoH.
  3. Tucoh Augur

sk+sha+ber is one of the top combinations right now, but is hard to accomplish without inner space boxer or something similar to send key presses around. It's not impossible of course.

You might be better off replacing the shaman with either an enchanter or a druid. Either one will do well.
  4. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

SK+SHM+MAG is a pretty solid combination truth be told. there's nothing you can't do and you don't sacrifice much in the way of utility for the huge benefit you get of being able to hotkey most of what the shm/mage are doing.

There's also not much a SK+shm+bard can't roll.. the strength in the bard over the mage is their utility and ADPS, but a lot of the utility is overlapping with the SK. bard is generally a good addition to any group because their utility covers literally any gaps that exist (mez/pull/slow/snare/etc) in the 'support' arena.

if you can't button mash on a zerker, it's not going to be your best combination...

with an SK I don't see a chanter living its best life, as generally the strength of sks over other tanks is multiple mob tanking/swarming and the chanter loses a lot of its utility if you don't need CC.

and personally I don't see much added benefit for swapping the shaman with a druid except maybe a little DPS, but I think you lose most of the DPS gain you get by losing the shaman ADPS. but i'm also biased as i'm a shaman though so take that for what its worth =P.

basically a well played SK is a beast with just about any class alongside them (or solo). so it's all about which boxes you can personally get the best performance out of.

in summary, just use SHM + 5 mages.
    Laronk likes this.