SK or Paladin for duo with Rogue?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Texan08, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Texan08 New Member

Would like opinions on what would pair better. Pros/cons for each duo?

Thanks
  2. Ravengloome Augur

I hope theres going to be a bard involved somehow.

How much attention are you willing to put into the tank? A warrior would probably be an easier answer. Reason being they have a higher sustainable ability to tank with less input. (aggro and raw mitigation).
  3. Texan08 New Member

I will be playing the tank and my buddy is playing the rogue. We would prefer not to 2 box if possible. Thanks.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

O in that case I would literally just pick whatever tank sounds more fun to you.

An Argument can be made for any of the 3, especially if you have a good buddy to group with through the level ranges.
  5. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

would a warrior be hindered by tanking 3 pulls or does rogue have reliable cc higher up? I think paladins and sk's get tools to split?
  6. Ravengloome Augur

at any point where a tank (any of them) is properly geared for the content (either even with the Tier or only 1 tier behind), They are able to tank through a pull of multiples.

I can count on one hand how many times ive actively went out of my way to single pull in the last year or two.

The tanks have enough active mitigation cooldowns, and abilities nowadays, that if you use some sense/planning, you can space them out over a course of time, allowing more mobs to be tanked at once more often then in the past.

Which is good, because just facetanking stuff is alot less boring then trying to single pull/split.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sk/rog is my main duo and it's not awful. Rog can scout or do a few utility things like poison based debuff, and epic click isn't bad for melee. It's definitely not the best synergy for an sk partner though. For that much prefer ench, wiz or better yet mage.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Holding agro as a Warrior is a battle you will find yourself losing straight out of the gates. Before 75 or so your healer will be tanking more than your Warrior if you pull multiples thanks to the way healing agro works. Vs single targets, Rogue poison procs are particularly double-edged since they are a lot damage but also tons of agro.

At level 80 Rogues get Fadelure which is nice for splitting adds but it's tricky to use before you get vigorous dagger throw at 83. In the 80s, abilities like bleed and assault generate much more hate than the Rogue can easily deal with. Rogue agro with a Warrior tank will be difficult until 89 when Rogues get misdirection, which is also tricky to use but can be a real gamechanger.

As the Warrior approaches 100, things will turn very quickly for the better as RoF/CotF expansions were very good to Warriors.
  9. Brohg Augur

Rogues have ~never had agro issues in my experience. Tapping Hide to drop agro in combat has worked for most of two decades now (i.e. since the beginning), and four years or so ago they made it so you don't even have to turn off attack to do it.
  10. Zantor Augur

Yeah, much of that is which one you prefer, I would suggest making some lowbie tanks and see which one you like the best. Though with handling mutliple mobs, nothing beats SK AE aggro.