Should there be a place in Everquest for a player like me

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Colfaax55, Mar 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernel Augur

If linking hotbars is the point of IS Boxer, it seems like EQ could add that feature so people wouldn't have to use 3rd party products. A lot of people are reluctant to run 3rd party programs--especially ones they have to pay for.

Regardless, it still seems odd that the common way to play EQ these days is by having to run multiple clients and coordinate actions between them. I think most people got into EQ because they wanted to play a particular class, not be a manager to a set of characters. It's a testament to how much people enjoy the game that they go through all that trouble, but they shouldn't have to. If a large part of the player base has to resort to boxing to be able to play, it seems like the game should address the deficiencies that are driving people to that solution. I'm sure a lot of people left the game because they were struggling to progress and didn't want to resort to boxing because it's not their play style.
    Jumbur likes this.
  2. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I find it troubling that mods routinely edit posts and delete posts outright with no explanation. If you're going to edit a post as moderator, please at least have the courtesy to tell players why the post was edited or deleted.
    Barraind and MageGuy like this.
  3. Ozon Augur

An unedited version is on Reddit, OP posted the exact same thing before it was posted here.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I agree. Editing without explanation is unacceptable in 2022. If you send the person a PM, that's fine.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It's possible that the moderator view (opening the post) is accidentally showing an edit after he exits out.
  6. Angahran Augur

So basically the OP admits cheating, has no plans to stop cheating and wants DPG to change the rules or create a 'safe space' so he (and his friends?) can continue cheating ?
    Nennius and The real Sandaormo like this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, I read it as a request for a prison server, where cheats are allowed.

I think the idea has merits, that way we could get the cheaters off the normal servers. :)
  8. Vizier Augur

They need compelling content in the form of permanent systems we can work on in between yearly expansion content and massive amounts of class development.

Meaningful class development, not 1-2 lines of bug fixes per year and call it good. Further, they need to make the permanent systems very approachable for small groups friends and family and reward them with cool stuff that is meaningful. Remember when EQ was trying to help their dedicated groups of players with things like Fellowship? Yeah, we need yall to get back to the "fellowship mentality".
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

Before EQ I used to buy PC games one after another , beat them and then move on to the next. Some of those titles im sure you all played too. Icewind Dale, Baldurs Gate , Diablo, and so on and so on. Many of those games you did indeed run a whole crew of classes. So I think to say that we came into this with the single toon mindset is kind of short sighted.

I box, Ive boxed forever it seems. I look at people who boxed before mercs as the true pioneers of it. Anyone can run 3 toons and have 3 mercs running about carrying half the load. Some people still box alt tab style, when I see a lump of characters sitting on top of each other killing at supersonic speeds, you can tell the Isboxers. Specially if they dont have any mercs at all.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Excellent point.

This is all based on Dungeons and Dragons, you needed a team of heroes. Even if it was one person Dungeon Master and one person playing multiple characters.

Plenty of single player games in the genre have you playing a team.

Slaying dragons and exploring dungeons is a team sport.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What problem is more content supposed to solve exactly?
  12. Vizier Augur

We need a reason to log in. In 2022 there are a ton of amazing games competing for our time. Sure EQ has an old school type of DnD gameplay that really hasnt been captured in any other game. No one is arguing there are cool things to do in EQ. The problem is there is no approachable path into the content.

If I have to run 2-3 accounts and a subscription based 3rd party software just to buy myself a entry ticket to the same grind as the last 5-6 expansions this is a very sick game.

If it were me in charge, I would steal 2 systems from ESO immediately. Firstly the cosmetic crafting system whereby tradeskillers can hunt down visible armor and weapons and then craft molds for armor and weapon ornaments.

Second I would steal the dungeon finder system. I would add a new tab of AAs that have no cap. These AAs would be like the Merc AAs but they apply to the character. And you can purchase the ranks forever. You can only get AAs for this tab by doing group missions which you can queue up for from anywhere in norrath and be teleported to as a group to start them (ESO dungeon finder system).
  13. Ozon Augur

Not the worst idea, with some obvious rules, no transfers off period. If you are on Live get caught cheating 1 warning, next time your choice Prison server with all associated toons/accounts, or perma-ban. Server can progress just like Live, and pay the same subscription fees etc.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is disappointing to see a "I want to use automation" thread when the policies and rules were stated weeks ago:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/what-constitutes-as-cheating.281242/
  15. Accendo Guest

Discussion derailed; discussion locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.