returning paladin rotation help

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by bober, Mar 20, 2015.

1. bober Lorekeeper

Hey guys, coming back from an extended break and back to my paladin who I've not played in 2-3 years. I'm struggling with my rotations, I seem to have forgotten about 40% of what I'm supposed to be clicking. I remember most of it but I am not able to do some of the swarm sizes I remember doing.

I'm lvl 83 with autogrant up. with T1 HoT gear (abstruse, think its T1 HoT anyway). I'm basically wondering what kind of rotation I need to go for in a group at my level and what I should setup for solo swarms in RoI. I'm sure if I can get it figured out for my lvl now I'll get the hang of it again and be able to figure it out the rest of the way up.

Thanks
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Stuns/Crushes
    Nukes (when you get them, Glorious/Elegy)

Disruptive Persecution or Force of Disruption on recast depending on aggro situation.

Prioritize Hate override > Nuke

Especially for tagging you really want to Tag with Stun/Crush or Force of Disruption

So a "rotation" would look something like this

Crush (lev 82)
    Force of Disruption (this is an AA can be cast during Global cooldown)
    Stun (lev 81)
    Crush (lev 85)
    Glorious < If mana is an issue you may want to use Confrontation for Honor series here.

Could set up a multibind if you wanted
    /cast 1
    /cast 2
    /cast 3
    /cast 4
    /alt activate 3826 or 7712 depending on situation
    *** The fact the alt activate line is last will assure it casts during GCD if your constantly tapping the key

I wouldn't even bother swarming, get a group and grind your way to 105, stopping at 95/100 to grab some stray AA's.

EDIT: Use the Disc; Withstand on recast basically, once you have a firm grasp on the ebb and flow of battle and how your taking damage, you may want to situationally spread it out for specific times

and look up your spells/discs for your level range on eqresource.com, the rest should come intuitively as you gain more experience playing in numerous situations and you gain a full understanding of what spells do what.

Use Aurora/Burst/Light/Protective to self heal

Massive damage needs healing immediately: Burst
    Moderate damage needs healing immediately: Burst or Light
    Minimal damage needs healing: Aurora or Light

Be proactive with Light, its very mana efficient, but its also very low base heal, so you don't really want to be waiting until your almost dead to cast it.

Aurora is great at that level IF you are not in danger of dying in the next round. (it takes 2.1 seconds to cast, combat round is 1.8s) < You also do not need to target yourself to cast it.
    Dramatime and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. bober Lorekeeper

Sweet! thanks for the help thats exactly what I was looking for!