Rerolled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rolien, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Rolien Elder

Haven't played on a non TLE EQ server in legit years so I decided to reroll a ranger on FV. I got to 11 simple enough and I figured with FV being a server where everything is tradeable I thought gearing would be no problem however after seeing weapons that were level 15 and 5k plat I quickly changed that thought.

So curious how hard will it be for a solo ranger to gear up (using merc of course) on non TLE servers??
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

On normal live servers like say Tunare the gear pretty much drops all over the place. The level of gear is related to the level of the zone. If you start in tutorial and do the quests you will get a haste stick, nice charm and max level armor for level 10 ish. No buying needed but you could I guess. Then go to Cresent Reach and do quests there that will reward you with more armor, weapons and the mobs drop good stuff too. Keep this up and at level 20 start doing the Franklin Teeks that will reward you with 3 choices of gear - one a haste belt if you haven't already gotten one by now. You can repeat and sale to npc any left over Teek armor since they can be repeated daily and you can do level above and below you. Of course there is always "twink" armor - not to be confused with "Teek" armor that you can buy in bazaar or farm it yourself.
    Funk likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

As cat stated you can get most of your low level gear without spending anything. Under the achievements tab there is the hero's journey. If you follow that it should give you gear upgrades killing in level appropriate zones. As mentioned the tutorial itself will gear you fairly well before you even enter the real world. I used Almar's guides when I returned to the game and it is very useful. I always suggest his guides for new and returning players. If you ask around for defiant gear a lot of times people have crap saved up they are willing to just give away.

Now if you just want to buy your gear and not worry about questing 5k plat on live is like 5pp on a TLP. It looks like a big number but that is all it is. I have heard a krono on FV will fetch 4-5m plat for example while on a TLP that would be crazy money. Once you hit level 50ish there are places you can farm 5k an hour or more if you need the plat. Also utilize the /barter system. Some of those trade skill mats that drop even in lower zones can fetch you decent plat from other players wanting to buy your items. For them its more cost effective to pay you for things that drop in lower level zones than it is for them to farm those items.
  4. Treiln Augur

There's one more thing I would like to mention:

FV is a free trade server. Means 99% of the items are tradeable. All those awesome no-drop raid weapons? Oh yeah buddy, you can now buy those.

Given that, with the established community on FV, FV has a higher economy than most other live servers. Go to another live server, and the prices may not be nearly as jacked.
  5. Rolien Elder

Wow those reply's were really fast thanks for all the heads up.

Will defiantly take the advice. Also good to know I shouldn't have to worry about gear to horribly much.

Thanks much.
  6. gamerguy845 New Member

Also check the Loyalty vendor in PoK (Alerynril the Loyal near nexus stone). All my accounts seem to have some currency there when i log back in after a long time, and you can buy bags of plat for like 400 points which give you about 15K instantly. As a ranger a good twink sword or two you through to 50-60 or so, but honestly if you are gold the J1 Tank merc will carry you no matter what terrible gear you have!
  7. Rolien Elder

I actually have like 5700 points or something odd.

I was considering buying a golden ticket and trying to sell that in the Bazaar since I seen one in there for 250k. But I'm not sure on how long it would take even trying to sell it at half price.
  8. Scorrpio Augur

Depends on what sort of gear you are trying to get. The plain regular defiant appropriate to your level should drop profusely off mobs you fight. And at least on Xegony, lower level defiant is real cheap on bazaar. If simple defiant goes for 5kp each on FV, it basically means that market there is perma-skewed for krono. Heck, on Xegony, you can often find Latent Etheric (lvl 100) for 5kp a piece.

Oh, if you follow some tradeskill item farmer, they typically leave behind a trail of corpses with all sorts of goodies.

Now, the items you are looking at might be not the defiant gear, but rather quality stuff from early EQ raids, before level restrictions on gear were a thing. Which on regular servers would be NoTrade. That is considered premium twink stuff and goes for premium prices.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Keep in mind that only paying accounts can buy the bags of coin from loyalty vendor. Any account can buy the gold ticket and sometimes the resell is good, sometimes not. My server average is 50k and those set for a while. You need to buy something soon however since your points can not exceed 5760. And you do not earn partial points. So your getting 120 points a week if your gold or grandfathered silver and those are going to waste if your maxed already or over 5640. But there are tons of things to buy to get your points down just a little. Vicious rabbit - those houses will be rent free (but not the plot to put it on) and other cool things.
  10. Rolien Elder

I mainly rolled on FV because it seemed like the most populated server and being that I'm soloing with just a merc and not boxing I figured it would be easier to find groups and such later on.

How hard is it to find groups on other servers they looked low pop.

Ah good thanks for the heads up on that.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Groups groups groups - sigh - I never have a problem getting a group in the tutorial. But after that to be honest they seem to disappear until high levels or certain event times in the game. One thing that would help that players do not realize is the free accounts cannot get into general chat - they are restricted to "newplayer" chat. So if your in general chat saying "level 35 rico suave warrior lfg" you are missing a large audience. Paid and silver accounts can get into newplayers chat, in fact I often run one of my paid accounts in newplayer just to help out with questions. So I figure the group issue is pretty much the same on all servers except Agnarr. I tried to start a guy there but people kept bugging me to join their groups :eek:
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

hehe, awesome freudian slip there :)

The few times I've had to farm something in a really low level zone, I've seen the defiant gear drop like crazy. So, just find a low level zone you can mow through easily, pop your merc, and collect some gear.
  13. Treiln Augur

If all else fails, killing/questing in Blightfire Moors will get you decent armor/weapons/plat up until level 30ish too
  14. Kolani Augur

Also, ignore overpriced twink gear in the bazaar. Most of it is just there to separate people with too much plat and too little patience from their coin. Ask in general and watch for better prices. When you get higher level and you're looking for gear from the past couple expansions, always look for the class specific pre-made piece of visible gear. You'll often pay a fraction of what you would for Raw or Amorphous.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. kookoo Augur

Rolien is that your toon name in FV ? I got toons in rathe and FV , I can give you some plats and gears I don't want to sell ect..

don't spend all your loyalty, you could get much more plats selling some items like the fastest mount in game , and some other good selling items. I can help you with the gold ticket turn in.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

if your on FV server and wanna make money using loyalty currency go and buy perfected aug distillers they sell for good pp and yea kronos sell in the 4.5-5mpp now on fv so pp isn't to hard to get really.

Andarriel
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Upgrading a char to heroic char is a nice start as well.

Andarriel
  18. Rolien Elder

Thank you for the offer but I don't wanna impose on anyone. Just trying to gather info.

Thanks for the heads up on the aug distiller.