repeatable task xp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Nov 1, 2014.

1. svann Augur

Do they actually not give any xp at all after you have done them once? I repeated a rising storm and noticed my xp bar had no change. Not even 1%. Whats the point of a repeatable task if there is no xp?
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

There's no consistency in what they do. They go from one extreme to the other at the drop of a hat. SoD was too easy? Boom! Here's Underfooot. How you like them apples?

Let's give out Level 85 and thousands of AA. Let give out an AA bonus on the first 4000 AA. OMG the players are getting exp. too fast. Boom! Let's nerf experience!

All the things between UF and now? Just more of the same.
    Ruinedmyownlands and forumwriter like this.
  3. forumwriter Journeyman

BROKEN, i am really not sure what Sony is thinking. Doing the quests and missons WILL NOT GET YOU TO 105. you MUST go back to Bixie war front and kill moles over and over. A lot of people in my RAID guild are either taking advantage of MOLES, or are just plain pissed off.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

The initial xp gained from doing tasks/missions is for completing the achievements. Going back and repeating them, for any reason, only gives the xp gained from the kills while you're doing them. There is no "bonus" xp given for repeating them unless you get a new achievement.
  5. svann Augur

What is the purpose of it being a repeatable task then?
    I could get the same experience by just going and killing stuff so why would there be an option to go back and tell the guy "Im done now"?
    edit: I hope no one seriously thinks you repeat it for the 75p.
  6. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

It also eliminates the chances of getting someone to help you who has beat it before.
  7. Silv Augur

It's repeatable because every single person who wants to do anything beyond Katta and Tempest in TDS has to do the tasks/missions for progression. They expect you to help your friends and remind you how much you LOVE Enchanter and See Invis mobs.

ROF was absolutely brilliant in awarding nice chunks of XP for finishing quest lines. Why that was completely dropped in COTF and TDS I'll never kno... oh wait, there aren't enough quests to justify awarding any amount of significant XP in those expansions!
  8. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Actually, I and several others just in my guild alone, are going back and helping friends/guildies get caught up. For us, it's not about the xp, it's about helping a friend and/or guildie.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Where are these moles? Share the knowledge, don't let the rest of us languish in no xp pain.
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Working Overtime HA in Bixie Warfront.

Your welcome.
  11. Wayylon Augur

Get on it now before it gets nerfed too.
  12. Silv Augur

The HA is named above but some more: Request it and zone in. If you see Bixies in front of you when you zone in then you didn't get the right version, try again (with a 5 min lockout on request it's nice if you have alts or someone to queue up another instance in case this happens). If you don't see them immediately in front of you then you have the mole version. You'll see some pink/purple flowerheads sticking out of the mushroom/flower stalks around the zone in area. Every time you click one it spawns 10 blue con moles. There are 8 flowers total for 80 moles per instance. Pop as many as you can handle, kill, drop instance, repeat. Remember the HAs level with you so the XP adjusts accordingly so it works at all levels. I'll trust you know the different class mechanics to deal with mass slaughtering (your best yield will be killing them solo with no merc in your group of course).
  13. FawnTemplar Augur

It also works well if you have tons of boxes requesting over and over. Then the toon that you are trying to lvl gets added to the right mission and the box drops to continue requesting.

I have been seeing banners being placed outside the mission since people are finding it is the best way to lvl up.
  14. forumwriter Journeyman

Doesnt need to be nerfed THE XP FOR DOING CONTENT IN TDS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. You know RISK vs REWARD a concept that has eluded Sony for 15 GOD DAMN YEARS.
    Garshok likes this.
  15. forumwriter Journeyman

I would also like to add the guy that came up with the idea of hailing a NPC 6 times or 8 times or 9 times as part of a quest should be FIRED, because you sir have no imagination.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

It probably will get nerfed (shocked it didn't already), but it was one of the only reasonable ways other than the xorbb mission to level burden/shoulder items, so if its nerfed, that will stink for that reason. I expect it to be nerfed because its easier to bash us with a stick than getting around to putting the carrot on the end of the string like they should (i.e. make TDS exp worthwhile).

May not get nerfed though, I mean, it was changed a long time ago so that the moles don't drop any plat/loot, but they left the experience on it, and I know for a fact the devs have been told about it plenty of times.
    Garshok likes this.
  17. Abazzagorath Augur

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe they won't bother messing with it. After all, if you are doing it, you already bought TDS, so what's the point. They need to be concerned about giving us a reason to buy the expansion on our alt accounts or the main account of non-raiders.
  18. Garshok Augur

I almost wonder if the next selling point for TDS will be 'we're going to nerf EXP in HAs and elsewhere - but are waiting until December. Buy it now if you want to hit 105 without having to EXP in TDS!'
    Shimmerleaf likes this.