Raid armor purity

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Brohg, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Brohg Augur

I'm currently wearing old- VoA raid armor, the Ostentatious set. With Geomantic Steelstone, my base stats are :
    [IMG]

With Metal, which is most of the time (only have 3 of the Steelstones, so save em for named), it looks like this:
    [IMG]

The interesting part is that I'm looting Highwater armors. The Highwater set (all images are from alternate profiles on magelo if you feel like clicking through) is an all-around upgrade over my Ostentatious except for some +atk:
    [IMG]

...until the comparison with Geomantic Steelstone equipped is made. The 200% purity from 8 bits of raid armor, multiplying the Steelstone bonus, result in:
    [IMG]

Thoughts?
  2. Ravengloome Augur

I don't think they could do much to that, without reworking either the armor or the powersource?

Other then the general fact that group armor has terrible AC (especially group shields, so terrible).

Although really 26ac for 880hp, i guess you gotta shrug it off as part of doing business retiring from raiding.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Personally my thoughts are there is a lack of consistency. Several of the things done have made no sense to classes in regard to stats or the gains / returns from them.
  4. Brohg Augur

So that is a trade you'd make?
    -100ish atk all the time, -25ac while "Steelstoning", for
    general 60ac boost & 888hp against named?

Not objecting, just clarifying, as that's the choice I'm looking at making.
  5. Warpeace Augur

As a tank I would rather have the 60 ac and 888hp. Not like a tank does much dps.
  6. Brohg Augur

those aren't on the same profile, Warpeace. +888hp, versus named when equipping Steelstone, comes with -26ac.