Ragefire Server - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 11, 2015.

1. Behee Augur

The normal servers are Free to Play. For your time and budget, that is your best bet.

Special servers such as progression are All-Access required, which gives you gold membership access to a bunch of games as well as $5/month in store credits to spend in any Daybreak game.

Why do they charge? Because they can, and because even at $15/month the server will be packed.

Also, it's because a low price brings in people who don't care about the server (can just start another account if banned), or people who flood the game with boxes to hold camps. Some people even think they should charge more.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  2. Fallfyres Augur

------------------

Sorry, not many internet cafe's here yet. Its coming though probs sooner than I would like.
  3. chris_the_mage Augur

wish they charged more than 15/month to play on ragefire, would make people less likely to run third party programs, because they would actually lose osmething
  4. MBear Augur

I wish they charged the old station all access pass rates of $25 per month. Having said that, you don't really lose anything more if you are banned for using a 3rd party program. Either way you have to just start over, and if you were going to be subbed anyway, it doesn't change anything.
    Soltara likes this.
  5. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    Alternatively they could require only cash payments and disallow people using their saved up leftovers from live servers; that would bring in cash, *nods and grins.:D
  6. Weverley Augur

i can see those ppl from live that buy krono all the time no wonder they r so expensive too many buyer for sellers
  7. Cirre Journeyman

So the server is advertised as using the maximum nostalgia system where Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP, and Gates each open 6 months after raid targets are defeated, because over 60% of the votes went for this option in the final vote.

However, I noticed in the post about the poll results, you all say that those time periods can change based on votes. So is it not really a 6 month time lock, but maybe a 2 month or so time lock with voting? What is the time lock amount that you all will start taking votes on when the expansions will progress?

The reason I was interested in playing on this server is because of the long time locks, but I really don't want to waste my time with this if the time locks are actually going to be short. Please let us know how far in you all plan to hold the votes.
    Styixi and Fallfyres like this.
  8. MBear Augur

6 months minimum. The only known exception is if the server is actually killing off all the subscriptions they might allow Kunark early. That remains to be seen.
    Styixi likes this.
  9. Denno Elder

I think it would be a good idea to redo the votes when the server goes live. I want to play on the server, but am afraid 6 month is too long, considering much faster lvl speed and progression speed now, compared to 16 years ago, where everyone was on 56.6 k modems and learning how to play. Im not saying they should open in a week, but honestly, three to four month seems more reasonable.

// Denno
  10. Behee Augur

If the server is overcrowded they need to open up more content, or people will leave. They can hold a vote to open Kunark earlier, but still leave 1+ year from startup before Velious opens.

Or they can instance more classic EQ zones.

I am fine with either option. What I am not too thrilled with would be all zones overcrowded to the point it isn't worth logging in. They would lose the momentum they have for the server.
  11. Fizzle Augur

Has launch time been announced? I too would like to know exactly when
  12. Barton The Mischievous

The most specific thing I have heard is sometime after the patch on the 20th likely in the afternoon.
  13. Xackery New Member

I can't wait! Hopefully maximum nostalgia is as long as possible.
    Styixi, Fallfyres and MBear like this.
  14. vacid New Member

I came back just for this. I have not played EQ since 2004. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Madjester New Member

I used to play back in 1999, even still own my original account to this day. And i was downloading everquest again just to experience that noob feeling once again. But in the passing years ive moved to asia and i dont earn the same kind of money i used to. So having to pay to play on the new server wont happen sadly wife and i have a very strict agreement about subbing games, 1 point i had like 10 of them that all ended.. But i wish everyone luck on the new server hope its everything it once was back when the game opened up... my old server was Solusek Ro - Main - Madjester - i believe the most notable guild i was in was the Mystic Crusaders
  16. Grishkalur Journeyman

Hi Roshen,

You mentioned that we'd have more details as we get closer. Being this is now 2 days away, I'm wondering if we can get some more details now?

Thanks
    Zoom and Outlawl4ever like this.
  17. Bandok Augur

It'll probably be mentioned in the downtime announcement that they put up late tomorrow.
  18. Thewiz Augur

Why not just unlock the server right about......now?
    Zujilli likes this.
  19. Alandros Elder

You are comparing a client only game that is mostly static in content, to an online hosted service based game. It takes money to run servers, not a one time shot but every month...

On top of that let's say you play two hours per week, four weeks a month, thats 8 hours that month. Some games that cost more than $10-$15 offer less hours of gameplay.
  20. Zesta Journeyman

like Fippy (might been the Combine) you think you could open the server for a few hours tomorrow so we can pick a name?
    Jadefox likes this.