Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagarr Augur

no defiant at launch. one of the few things we can be relatively sure won't be in on the next TLPS, as the 2.0 servers did not have defiant until it was introduced on the timeline.

newbie armor quests (city based, not the gloomingdeep ones) might sneak in again, but aren't especially game breaking.
    eekyubard likes this.
  2. eekyubard New Member

Awesome, thank you
  3. Darth Augur

The newbie armor quests made it in around the 3 week mark if I remember correctly. They were not available at launch, and when they landed it pissed all the RMT people off hardcore. Personally I hope they make it in at launch just for that reason.
    Shadva Del`Shai and Barton like this.
  4. Robomax Elder

I guess my last post was irrelevant , because it was taken down. I will just say this. I almost Came back to the Game to play on Fippy , but with rule set the way it was. I canceled my account will do the same. Because I knew what was going to happened. But I guess this new server is for the Elite EQ players. I will say this you are doing a good job alienating your costumers.
  5. Vaclav Augur

I didn't see your post, but if it mentioned an illegal similar server before, they remove those.
  6. Flandersian Augur

Seriously, people still RMT?? I didn't like how early those quests went in because those armor sets make the majority of old world/kunark drops obsolete.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Yes they still do, some people have more money than time and want shinies and some people really want money and have the time so ya some people still sell in game pixels for real money.
  8. jagarr Augur

RMT opportunities are one of the top draws of fresh servers in any established game really, not just EQ. nobody really liked the newbie armor quests, but there are still plenty of viable drops. especially 40+ items. a lot of the newbie armor is just as poorly itemized as the drops were =P
  9. Stageguy Lorekeeper

My vote is for #3, add 50%. This may have come up already but I am not going to read through 22 pages of posts to find out... I would love to see the bazaar in some form or fashion from day 1. The days of shouting items in EC tunnel from torch 1 or 2 were horrendous and I dont want to go through that again... ever.
  10. Darth Augur

Which in my opinion is perfectly fine. At no point on Vulak did I as an ahead of the curve Paladin have any bronze, or fine steel after like 30. I was wearing +str in every slot. And, this was within the first few days, while being one of the highest level tanks on server at the time.

Once the newbie armor quests went live I quit my Paladin who was 40+ and started over as a warrior, managed to do my newbie quests in Qeynos, due to very low new player base on that side, with 2-3 other random people in Blackburrow to help me. I didn't have any twink stuff on him, I still managed to get into Hate within a week of the hardcore, and hit max level a few days behind the hardcore.

The game isn't hard, it's not ever going to be the same as it was in 1999, 2000, or even 2004. Everyone knows everything about everything, or knows someone who does. People want a max level character in BiS for the most part, hence RMT will happen. Newbie Armor and Weapons help to curb that since the game provides a way to get decent items without having to fight people cheating on Mages.
  11. Indigo Augur

Start with Kunark open please.
    Cloudous, beyrak and Skipper like this.
  12. Skipper Augur

Oh, I wish for a Fippy clone that progresses without voting. I have never enjoyed a server more than Fippy until GoD was blocked by juveniles.

I agree that Kunark should be opened from the start.
    beyrak likes this.
  13. beyrak Augur

Two to three months per expac without voting please. I was glad that I didn't read anything in the dev's post about instancing. Instancing is such a bad idea.
  14. Vaclav Augur

What a compelling argument - posting disagreement to something without any substantiation to your argument is a really bad idea.

For starters - how do you propose people hacking and otherwise to compete for raid mobs should be handled, if not via instancing? (Note: Do keep in mind, GM staffing is basically nil now - average response time is on the order of 3-4 days)
  15. The Badger Lord Augur

Kunark at Launch, and if people don't want that, then Kunark-Fast Track. You release Kunark as soon as possible: 1-2months. Then, if you want, you add more time onto Velious Luclin and Planes of Power to make up for a faster track Kunark.

Classic is the ONE expansion you do not want to linger 4+ months in, for one release does not contain enough content to hold players down for 6 months.

Please see my post as to why, goes into way more detail.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...erlords-rule-set-2-0-primary-concerns.219128/
    Cloudous likes this.
  16. Kogar New Member

The "Half Speed (Slowest) option looks good, but can be tweaked this way:

• Accelerate launch of Kunark by 5 months to avoid over-crowding and boredom
    • Decelerate launch of Omens of War by 2.5 months so server can remain longer at level 65 cap.
    • Decelerate the launch of TSS by 2.5 months so server can remain longer at level 70 cap.
    In this way, the acceleration of Kunark is made up by the deceleration of OOW and TSS. Thus, the server has the same overall speed (Slowest). Note that those who want to experience the trilogy (original + Kunark + Velious) get almost one year (11.5 months) of that under this approach. And, PoP was one of the most popular expansions - under this approach, players get 7.75 months from PoP's launch until GoD is opened -- the longest period listed below.

The "Modified Half Speed" would look like this:

1. Kunark: 1.75 months
    2. Velious: 3.75 months
    3. Luclin: 6 months
    4. Planes of Power: 5.5 months
    • Legacy of Ykesha: 4 weeks after PoP
    • LDoN: 10 weeks after PoP
    5. Gates: 7.75 months (after PoP)
    6. Omens: 6 months
    7. DoN: 2.5 months
    8. Depths: 3.5 months
    9. PoR: 2.75 months
    10. TSS: 6 months
    11. TBS: 2.5 months
  17. Kassiye New Member

Timeline: Maximum Nostalgia

Voting: No

Name: Doesn't really matter. I thought Fippy was a ridiculous name for a server, but I played on it anyway. I'll play on whatever this one is called too.

Instancing Raid Targets: YES, PLEASE! I have no interest in going through another toxic raiding scene like what existed on Fippy pre-PoTime. I doubt I'll play very long on the server if that's what we get again.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  18. Kassiye New Member

I would also be ok with some sort of Kunark fast tracking in order to help spread out the population. Preferably with the 51+ content locked out until at least a few months after launch.
  19. Arkk Lorekeeper

A strong consideration should be given to Kunark fast-tracking, so long as we still have nearly a year before Velious goes live. This will give time for a variety of real raids and allow more than just a few guilds to go through the I don't think it should mean shortening Classic; it would need to happen at the launch to prevent people from being upset about the speed of progression and quitting--because they have before and will again.

And to beat a still-very-young-and-healthy horse, instancing would keep people around and save us a lot of stress. Some new content on top of the old existing quests would be even better, so long as they are appropriate to the era and not ridiculous like defiant or even the newbie gear.
    Cloudous likes this.
  20. Manifest New Member

How about making 2 servers. Slower TLP and an a classic server, Lets call it Velious. This server is launched with EQ and Kunark enabled. After 1 year enable Velious. 1 year later enable Luclin, 1 year later PoP. Where the server locks, no more content after that.
    Zoggzog, Cloudous and Rhoulicas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.