Producer's Letter October 2023

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Seven zones and they all look brand new, no recycled zones like Kunark/Velious was. This is pretty exciting, considering what else we have to look forward to!
    Skuz and Keeden like this.
  2. Risiko Augur

If alternate personas is in fact the FFXIV style multi-job system implemented in to EverQuest, I'm sold.

The ability to play a single character for the rest of time and still be able to play every class in the game that I want to level up, is a straight up win win win for EverQuest.

Looking at the data-mined screenshot of the personas window makes me believe that each persona has it's own level (aka experience bar), equipped gear, AAs, etc.

It looks like it is effectively just multiple characters tied to a single character that all share the same bags and bank slots. If that is the case, holy crap Batman, this is a BIG change for EQ and in a really good way.

If on the other hand, you are just playing an alternate class as a sub-set of that class with a limited array of abilities to use, then it won't be for me. I want the ability to play every class from level 1 to 125 on the same character.

I do have one important question though... Will this only be available on LIVE servers and will you have to wait until you reach the new expansion's content to take part in it?

In other words, will I be able to use personas on the Mischief server? Please and thank you if so.
    Sancus, Skuz and kizant like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will you need to use the new UI to use personas?

If so when will the new UI be fixed and finished?
    Straahdx likes this.
  4. Kovalit New Member

Ahh, yes because Everquest verbiage is always spot on and everything does exactly as it is worded 100% of the time lol
  5. Kovalit New Member

Do you already have alts that you've leveled up? I can't imagine people who have already leveled up and geared alts would be extremely happy about ditching said alt just to do it all again on their main character for the sake of what? Having the same name no matter the class?
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Sell an alt to persona conversion token. Darkpaw, take their money!
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sharing your current inventory, skills and flags suggest it isn't swapping to a different alt but maintaining the current character.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

Hope that sharing your current inventory is also sharing your raid coin.
    I can see it now NOS persona raids.
  9. Riou EQResource

There is at least 1 reused zone

No
    Straahdx likes this.
  10. Salben Journeyman

Welcome to the Realm of Heroes, the place where the greatest heroes go when their adventures are over. Nobody remembers the last time anyone entered or left this place. Can you discover what the mystery is that lies under the façade of comfort and revelry?

Does this not make anyone think this could possibly be the final expansion of everquest? I dunno...it has me thinking this is the end lol
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would they being doing a directx 11 upgrade along with a ui upgrade if this was the last expansion?
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

I heard that almost 20 years ago. And every year since. I don't personally think it's likely.
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

It says alternate classes and nothing about race, so no mixing my High Elves with my gnome tinkerer or my necro or my druid... Also, skills are retained which would leave the tink out to dry. Sounds like something I would not use all that much. Probably less than shrouds.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Champions Oath...duh
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Looking through the zone files I wasn't able to tell. No texture with them tends to throw things off a bit. One of them had a bit of Valley of Lunanyn feel to it, however.
  16. Riou EQResource

We don't know about the Race part yet, but surely it has to be part of it because they have like 16 slots you can use/buy for 1 per class, and Drakkin and Human only go to 13/16
  17. Barton The Mischievous

EQ7 boss was just talking about how good Everquest is doing and how numbers are up and they expect even better during the 25th anniversary ya going with no this is not the last expansion
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Riou EQResource

Moors of Nokk looked like basically the newbie yard of Crescent Reach (plus the extend out to blightfire moors), didn't go super long at comparing them but that was the stand out one

The Nokk originally lived in Crescent Reach too iirc before they all disappeared
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

With personas being available maybe removing the class/race restrictions on tradeskills makes sense, what kind of Rogue can you be if you can't make poisons, what kind of Shaman if you can't do Alchemy, why wouldn't everyone just swap to Gnome if their original class was selectable by Gnomes & everyone else can just go whistle dixie as a second class Norrathian?
  20. Moege Augur

you can put raid currency into inventory (create button) and since inventory is shared you can in effect share raid coin