Problem with Backstab Landing

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Picaresque, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Picaresque Augur

I really need some advice and/or help. My 105 Rogue cannot land a backstab very often. If I run through a Gribble HA, for instance the last 6 mobs . . . not a single backstab is noted in the messages. A lot of piercing is.

Dex: 1040 incl 335 hDex
    Strike through: 35/45
    Accuracy: 150/300
    Backstab Skill: 347/310
    Piercing: 415/415
    Attack: 3177
    Backstab Damage Mod: 65/135 (low, but how to raise it?)

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Zynrael Lorekeeper

Make sure to max the Backstab Precision AA.
    BS damage mod would come from equipment and is tacked on at the end of damage calculations.
  3. Kaliko Augur

How many AA's do you have? Is HDex your main stat if so that's pretty low for group gear? Maybe you the mob got pushed slightly when you pressed backstab, the fact you didn't get a backstab on the last 6 mobs of a HA is pretty vague and with it being such a low amount of mobs it could be bad rng luck or you're missing a ton of aa that are important.
  4. segap Augur

Have you tried standing behind the mob? I know it's obvious, but run in to a lot of people that think the frontal backstab AA means rogues don't have to worry about position any more. Even more obvious, I assume you're hitting the backstab button and not just getting an occasional one from riposte? You're seeing the button go to cool down as well?
  5. mackal Augur

Frontal BS AA is like a 95% chance at max rank. So they should be seeing some.
  6. Picaresque Augur

Standing close behind mobs. Backstab precision is 2 off max. Mashing button, yes.

Assuming a normal RNG, what percentage of Backstabs should land against 105 and 104 mobs?
  7. Brohg Augur

It's very, very high. The information here is super sketch, there's like nothing that would help diagnose the issue you encountered.
  8. Picaresque Augur

Brohg, what information would be helpful? I have been noticing a distinct lack of backstab landings for about a week. It may be related to not having ATK buffs. I cannot believe it's because I upgraded from a sorcerer's Blade to an Armsman's Shiv with accompanying augments.

Thanks.
  9. Brohg Augur

And what offhand?
  10. Picaresque Augur

Sorcerer's Blade Piercing ID: 87953
    MAGIC PRESTIGE ATTUNEABLE
    Slot: Primary, Secondary
    DMG: 84 Delay: 19 Ratio: 4.42 Backstab DMG: 53
    AC: 62 HP: 2370 + 2/tick MANA: 2350 + 2/tick END: 2342 ATK: 24
    STA: 23 + 8 STR: 10 + 10 WIS: 25 + 7 INT: 30 + 7 DEX: 25 + 9 AGI: 20 + 9 CHA: 23 + 8
    SV FIRE: 45 SV COLD: 45 SV MAGIC: 45 SV POISON: 45 SV DISEASE: 45
    Heal Amount: 17
    Spell Dmg: 17
    Clairvoyance: 28
  11. Brohg Augur

Check plain backstabs at a combat dummy, like not a log search of combat spam. In active combat you could be getting "Backstabs" from Hidden Blade procs and ripostes / etc.
  12. Picaresque Augur

One HA and twenty dummies... Not one message containing the word backstab. I even tried a couple of weapons. Am I missing something?
  13. Brohg Augur

then you swap the weapons go again. it could be you found a bug with the Armsman's weapon.

It shouldn't take HAs & many dummies, though. just walk up to one and hit Backstab button a couple times.
  14. Picaresque Augur

Right before major lag out, backstab message mysteriously reappeared. As I began to review log, lagged out for the night.
  15. Yeska New Member

Marvelous -Bahdah