Previous Expansion Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by AlphaBetaClub, Apr 30, 2014.

1. AlphaBetaClub New Member

Hi, I'm new to Everquest, I've tried searching the forums and other web sites, but still confused about the expansions. I created a station account recently when I bought a retail version of Everquest II, Sentinel's Fate at Game-stop. It gave me 30 days of gold account I think since I paid for the game.

Now, I've decided to try Everquest 1. I downloaded the client for Everquest 1, and I'm assuming I can play it during the free 30 days as well? With gold account? So what expansions do I have for free or do I have none of the old content? Do I have to buy the latest, to get all the old ones or do I have some of the old expansion content?

If I went and bought an old expansion in the box (like the Serpents Spine) and redeemed the code on my account, would it give me the old expansions before this?

I understand there is time-locked servers now, would these be more fun to play on for a new player that wants to experience some of the older content? But, do the time-locked go back to the beginning of the game or are they like content from a few years back? I'd like to level up from 1 and not use the heroic boost to 85 or whatever it's called. I enjoy the level grinding.

Thanks in advance for any information! :)
  2. Rorce Augur

Your 30 days should have been converted to All-Access yesterday, or at least I assume they were. With this, yes, you will have "Gold" status on EQ1. It's no longer called Gold, however, it's simply "All Access".

With just the base EQ game, you will have access to 18 out of 20 expansions. The only 2 you will be missing is the newest 2 - Rain of Fear, and Call of the Forsaken. If you purchase Call of the Forsaken for $39.99, you will also get access to Rain of Fear for free, and your account will be all caught up.

I -think- the Time Locked Progression servers are in the Seeds of Destruction era. Someone else could probably give you much more info about those servers, I don't play on them or keep up on them.

You can start at level 1 on any server.
    Dandin likes this.
  3. AlphaBetaClub New Member

So you if you have the base game, then you have access to the older expansions as well like Scars of Velious and the Shadows of Luclin? Is that content still there or has the content been revamped since never expansions? Thanks!
  4. Rorce Augur

Correct, you will have access to all content from the first 18 expansions completely free. All that content is still there. There were a couple zones that were revamped, but I don't think there was a difficulty increase - just new zone art and such.
  5. Gialana Augur

Also, it may have been changed, but it used to be (and maybe still is) that you have to maintain a gold (now all access) account to be able to play on the Time Locked Progression servers.
  6. Chikkin Augur

Yes, what Gialana said, F2P users cannot access the Progression Servers. They will not show up on the server select screen.