Not A Bug Possible Tinkering Tradeskill Bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Galdill, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Galdill New Member

I decided to get the tinkering profession skill increased with one of my characters on the Yelinak Server and I made several combines (120 combines), had 220 INT. and no skill increases (not even one increase from having the Perk as well). I tried increasing my Tinkering skill with Flameless Lantern which trivials at 68. I only logged 34 of the 120 combines though...just in case it's needed. Even with 34 Combines and 220 INT...there should be at least a skill up for the low trivial recipe. I can understand if the recipe was High end and not getting a skill increase but this is low end and from the amount of combines I had done should have gotten many skill increases and trivialed the Flameless Lantern or gotten really close to being trivial. I leveled up Tinkering before in the past (10+ years ago) and do not think it was this difficult in the beginning to get just "one" skill increase.
  2. vedaire New Member

if your over 68 in tinkering you arent gonna get any skills up from that to get skillups the trivial has to be higher then your current skill
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

Is your character low level?
  4. Galdill New Member

My gnome is level 15/60 on the TLP. Does the low-level character have a negative effect on how trade skills increase though when doing combines? If so, I can test this again with my character at a higher level. I just thought the level of the gnome did not matter since in the skills, it showed 50/300 all the time. I guess if it is like casting skills, it would be something like 50/75(300 at level 60) right?
  5. Aanuvane Augur

Normally, tradeskills will advance very quickly when your skill is below 100. It appears that all gnomes start with a skill of 50/300 and you can apparently attempt combines regardless of your level....On the EQTC site for Learn Tinkering, it says that you can't actually start practicing tinkering until level 16.

Though I am on a live/regular server, I just experimented with two gnome alts - one level 10 and one level 16. I can attempt to make combines with the Level 10, but I got no successes and no skill ups. When I attempted combines with the level 16 character, I received a skill up to 51 on my 4th attempt (and a total of 11 skill ups in 40 attempts).

After getting the skill ups on the level 16 gnome, I went back to the level 10 gnome and changed the recipe from stalking probe to flameless lantern. I did eventually get a successful combine - but still no skill ups.

I suggest taking your gnome to at least level 16 before spending any more plat on combines?
    Duder likes this.
  6. Galdill New Member

ok thanks for that info. =). I will try that and see if the skill ups work for my Gnome at level 16 just like yours did.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Galdill New Member

got my Gnome to level 16 and Bought Materials to do 40 combines of Flameless Lanterns and my Tinkering skill increased. Thanks very much Aanuvane! I appreciate your help on this. This thread can be taken down now or put as resolved. I'm not sure how to do that myself if I had that power.
    Duder and Aanuvane like this.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

A quick note:

Higher INT will increase skill up chance, or so a little birdie told me.