playing casual

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by mastabomba, Oct 1, 2014.

1. mastabomba New Member

Hi,

any tips if I intend to play this game casually?

on and off, maybe an hour or two a day.
  2. mastabomba New Member

forgot to mention that I'm more to sword and shield fighter.
  3. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Find a giant guild that plays when you do.

Do /LFGuild on as many servers as you have patience for.
  4. Fendy Augur

I play casually. Got a comfortable chair, a tv behind the computer and a very nice, large cup for whisky cokes.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. mastabomba New Member

thanks for those tips.
  6. Delphwind Augur

Pretty much any class can run through the game up into the late 80s very casually.

Just pop a merc and go! Regardless of class use a tank merc till 60, then depending on the class you choose to play swap out to a different merc.

As your likely looking to have fun leveling, I would stay awa from the typical leveling path (cresant reach>blightfire>burning woods>acrylia caverns>etc) and maybe go dungeon crawling with a merc. You will see and experice a lot more adventure that way.

You can use this chart to see what area you can go at which level:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html

Enjoy!
  7. Elskidor Augur

Since I've returned this time I've only hit up older zones, purposely trying out zones I've never been to before. It is a blast, although lonely solo, but I don't think I really intend go past a certain level. Just kinda piddling around in the lower game. Honestly xp at lower levels is going to fast for me I'm sure I won't be able to level everywhere that I would like.
  8. Rawlan New Member

as soon as you can, lock all exp to AA and experience the game in your pace from then on :D